chapter 9

(Nia)pov

Good morning! said Pyra as we walk in to see the other waiting, Pyra! Feeling better? asked Rex. Yeah! I slet so much! said Pyra, Good, glad to hear said Rex. Also...Nia's got something to talk to you about said Pyra.

She does? asked Rex, yeah, go ahead, Nia said Pyra. Ah, erm.. I... Rex...I want you to come help me i said, Erm, come where? asked Rex. To Vandham, I need to tell him about my past Akhos and all that lot i said.

Ah, sure. If you'd like me to, I will! said Rex, thanks... i said. Nia originally said she was going to go alone, but i said maybe it'd be better if you went along too said Pyra. Er... Maybe I should explain... Vandham... He kind of scares me a bit... i said.

Haha... I get it! said Rex as we head to Vandham to talk to him, as we walk training ground and saw Vandham. Oh, it's you guys? What got you out of bed so early? asked Vandham, Nia? asked Rex.

Thanks for yesterday, you saved our skins. That guy, Akhos, I mean... I wanted to tell you about him, you see...Thing is, we used to be... i said, bring a mercenary... You meet all kindsa different folks said Vandham.

Your country, family, money... People got plenty of reasons to fight. Like fightin' for a special girl, I see that a lot, though not every girl has a strange crystal in her chest, eh? asked Vandham. Y-you mean Pyra? W-we're just... said Rex.

Nia, you're with these guys right now, that's what matters said Vandham. But...aren't you... i said, anyway, Rex, weren't you saying you wanted to get to Elysium? asked Vandham. Yeah... But we hit a snag... said Rex.

With a monster like that in the way, it's impossible, no Guild ship's getting close to it without going down said Rex. Well, I've got an old mate, in the Urayan capital, got a feeling he might know a way through said Vandham.

Really?! said Rex, yeah, I gotta go there anyhow. So I could introduce you said Vandham, Vandham! Thank you said Rex. Nah! It's destiny or something. don't sweat it, get your stuff togther and meet me by the village entrance said Vandham as he head for the entrance.

Then we head for the entrance and we talk to Vandham that we are ready, Time to head out, Yew! Zuo! Take care of this place, yeah? asked Vandham. Nee worries, leave it to us, Boss! said Yew.

Boss. You're in a good mood somehow! said Zuo, Hehe, I guess so, well, take care! said Vandham as we leave the village. We walk for a bit till we got to a place and then we heard someone talking.

Ha ha ha! Looks like all the chat about the Aegis was true! said the voice, who're you? asked Rex as we saw two people with show up. That's a heavy burden you have there, sure you're up to it, pipsqueak? asked the person.

See sense, step aside and let the big boys take charge, C'mon. Yield the merchandise! said the person, Huh? What? Vandham, do you know this guy? asked Rex. Never seen him in my life said Vandham as the two people remove their hood.

Wait..are you...Uh... said Rex, you really are a bunch of rinky-dink, bogus, two-bit, no-mark Drivers, aren't you? Behold the mighty... Zeke! Von! Genbu! Brigher of Chaos! Mostly known as Zeke. And often addressed as... THE ZEKENATOR! said Zeke.

Behold my Blade! Pandoria! And this is my sword, the Purple lightning Dreamsmasher! If you want a taste, come and get it! said Zeke. We're good said Rex as we walk by him. Good?! No?! W-wait... Wait! You barbarinas! said Zeke as both of them ran back in front of us.

This guy... I'm tired of him already i said, Gah! You think you lowlifes can lick the three of us? asked Zeke. Three of you? I count two, lost someone? i asked, Huh? Oh, get a load of this... Our beloved mascot... Turters, reveal yourself! said Zeke as he can't find Turter.