chapter 38

(Rex)pov

We look a the titan Torna, I'm going over there said Jin, the Tornan Titan... Looks like he's quite eager to see it up close said Gramps. I think anyone would be curious... said Mythra, come on, let's go with him i said, Agreed said Mythra as we follow Jin.

We head to the titan body and we about to enter the titan body, It's scorched, here and there said Brighid. Traces of the Aegises' battle, I reckon... said Gramps, must have been some battle... What's i said as we saw more body of those thing on the ground.

The Tornan Titan's matrix, even in old Torna, few people knewthis place existed said Jin. I can scarcely believe it myself said Gramps, Matrix... Like a wonb? These are...! Blades? I asked. But...they look quite a lot like Titan too... said Poppi.

These are Blades that perished in the process of becoming Titans, Titans grow Core Crystals within their bodies, I believe you've seen this once before. Blades... They aren't truly immortal said Jin

They are born from Titans... And when their fire burns out...they return to the Titan that bore them. Eventually, the Blades that return, transform into Titans themselves said Jin. Can that be true?  We'll end up like that, eventually? asked Brighid.

Mythra? i asked, yes, it's true said Mythra, the new Titan has no memory of its life as a Blade, just like returning to a core. These poor souls... They died a long with their mother, shared her fate said Jin.

Then we saw one of those thing fall to the ground with an sword it chest as we saw y/n, this time... stay down said y/n as he was tired out and take out his left sword out of those thing from its chest.

y/n! i shouted as y/n turn to see us, guys... your alright? asked y/n. yes, we all good and have you seen Nia, Morag, Tora and Dromarch? i asked. I didn't see them and I have been fighting these thing for awhile in this place and why Jin with you? asked y/n as i told him what happened.

So you telling me... Jin is a flesh eater, and that mean he 500 years old too and also same Jin who side with Mythra said y/n. That right i said as we walk to the next room, as we got to the next room.

We saw picture for Blades and Titans life cycle, So Blades are born from crystals, and Titans from Blades... The Titan, in turn, nurtures life... said Brighid. And someday births new Core Crystals i said.

Right, that's the cycle of a Blade... said Mythra, it is the way that the Architect ordained for the world said Jin. Old Tora worshiped this cycle said Mythra, In old Torna...we revered the Titans, feared them said Jin.

It was the sacred foundation of Torna, A nation where humans and Blades lived in harmony. But humans couldn't live like that, the battle with Malos marked the end. It wasn't long after you and Addam left Torna, he did it... That worn, Amalthus said Jin.

(y/n)pov

The Praetor? asked Rex, oh... i said, what did he do? asked Mythra. The one who really destroyed this place? It wasn't the Aegis... It was him said Jin, Huh?! said Rex as Jin as he told us what happened.

I... I ate her said Jin as we was shock to hear that, no way i said as Mythra turn into Pyra. Maybe we shouldn't have left, I never knew... said Pyra, Amalthus was afraid of the Aegises' power. After Malos was defeated, he tried to wipe them out... The remnants of Torna were annihilated in the attempt said Jin.

But...you'd already vanished by then, so we were slaughtered...for nothing. No...even if he wasn't trying to get you, Amalthus, the humans...would've done what they always do. We're the Architect's children... We turn into Titans, the ground beneath their feet! But they feared us said Jin.

So that's the reason he attacked you said Pyra, to save the world? No. His real desire for Elysium...is his desire for the Architect's power, Amalthus wants to use it to wipe out Blades and Titans said Jin.

So that's why he was taking care of Rex and the Aegis... said Gramps, even so! Even if that's true. You lot and Amalthus...you're the same! Didn't you say you wanted to destroy the world? Take out the Architect himself? asked Rex.

I did say that said Jin, you know, I'm not so sure said Rex, What...? asked Jin. I don't buy it, I can't believe that's what you're really trying to do here said Rex. Why do you say that? Haven't we... said Jin.

I could tell when we were fighting, I was it in your eyes, the sadness. It was the look of someone who just wanted to die, someone with no other way out. You know... It was the way Pyra looked the first time we met said Rex.

You don't know what're talking about, keep your stupid comments to yourself. You better believe we'll do it, we will destroy the one responsible for this world and we will destroy all the humans who lived by his mercy said Jin.

We are sick of being used as tools by humans said Jin, well, then, there's only thing to do said Rex as we heard something. As I thought said Jin, what's that? asked Rex, They're not really alive, Just autonomous cubernetic organisms said Jin.

Once their central control is gone, they're programmed to act on their own, to destroy said Jin. These guys? asked Rex, testaments to human hubris, Now do you see? asked Jin as we started to fight it.

As we were fighting it, Jin fall to his knees, Jin! Pyra! Use the Artifice! said Rex. It's no use! The Cloud Sea is interfering, I can't give it commands said Pyra as i on it and keep slashing on it back. Pyra! Move in close if you can get a shot! said Rex.

Then get Mythra to use Foresight, quick as you can! said Rex, understood! Ready to go! said Pyra. OK! Let's do it! said Rex as Lighting hit it and hit me too, ow i shouted as i know that lighting.

(Nia)pov

Lightning? Could it be...? asked Rex, Look, Rex-Rex! shouted Tora, Rex! Pyra! y/n! You Ok? asked Zeke as i saw Jin there. Jin?! What the hell? i asked, that can wait! First deal with that! said Rex, OK! shouted Tora.

We took us a while to beat the thing, we head next room and Rex saw something and pick it up. Th-this is... said Rex, Rex-Rex? What's matter? Find something? asked Tora, Uh! N-no..it's nothing said Rex.

We talk about what to do next, Rex-Rex should join! said Tora, Ah...yeah...Ok! said Rex. As Tor It can't be.. said Rex as he walk to us, Climb up the world Tree to the top? Very very tiring... said Tora.

It's doesn't look that far from here to the surface at least, we can manage that, surely? Asked Rex. Don't you ever quit with that optimism, hmmm? i asked, Rex... I can see why you've brought Jin, but I advise you not to let your guard down said Morag.

Morag! said Rex, got a point said Zeke, I don't need your remorse now, Jin. But when we're past this crisis, I'm taking you in, I own it to my leader and to my people. If you resist, we'll kill you... Brighid and I said Morag, yes said Brighid.

Morag! said Rex as Pyra stop him and we felt something, what now? asked y/n. What? Another monster? What is it this time? asked Rex, Masterpon! Above! shouted Poppi. It's the Monoceros! Are they here for Jin? i asked.

As Monoceros show one of it weapon, I told you not to attack! shouted Jin as he cause a shockwave. You sly debil, hid that one up your sleeve, didn't ya?! said Zeke as the Monoceros dock and pick up Jin.

Brighid! You're still... Like you used to be.. shouted Jin, Jin... said Brighid, Damn! Arseholes! i said. That's a bit unsporting of them, using a giant boat said Zeke, we must hurry! The longer we wait, the bigger their advantage! said Dromarch.

Yeah! We gotta go, Rex! i said, Gramps. You knew, right? About Jin? asked Rex, Indeed said Gramps. Why didn't you tell me? asked Rex, he is not like Malos. To be honest, I didn't know if you could handle it, you care too much at times said Gramps.

Jin and Malos must be defeated, who knows how that'll turn out. But facing them is Pyra and Mythra's unavoidable fate, so I kept quiet said Gramps. Pyra and Mythra's fate... said Rex, she shoulders the burden of sustaining your life said Gramps.

Rex... What burden are you taking for? Can you live for something, and hold true to it? asked Gramps, yeah. Of course! I'm living for them, Pyra and Mythra! said Rex, I see, Well, I guess you're OK then said Gramps.

Just be sure to walk your own path, Rex. Believe in yourself said Gramps, Rex! Old man! What're you doing? i shouted. Uh...?"Old man"?! said Gramps, sorry! Wait up! shouted Rex as we run to the world tree.