chapter 26

(Rex)pov

We walk to the inn and we started talking, we've gathered quite a bit of information now i said. Yeah, and plenty of it blatantly bogus, but there were some rumors in there that did bug me a bit... said Nia.

I know Nia said y/n, time to sort out the dirt from the baseless suspicion said Zeke. Ooh, detective time! said Pandoria, first, we clear up basic premise. Who is targeting summit of nations? asked Tora.

Is former Chairman Bana, Masterpon forget already? asked Poppi. N-no! Tora not that stupid! Is traditional for deducings to start by listing information everybody know!, proper flow is for Rex-Rex to think carefully and provide answer! said Tora.

OK, OK... i said, on to the basic premise, then, where is the summit to be held? asked Dromarch. Inside the Sanctum of Indol, right? i asked, Uh, no, that's where we had the LAST big meeting said Zeke.

This summit is between the leaders of Mor Ardain and Uraya alone. They would hardly hold it under Indol's nose said Gramps, It's inside the Titan battleship from Mor Ardain i said. Yes, that's right, it seems like Bana is planning an assassination, but what method do you think he might be using? asked Pyra.

I think... the method might be poison i said, yeah...the ship's totally secure from the outside, and only trustworthy people will be attending, after all said Zeke. I guess the only method that really leaves is tampering with the food said Nia.

But when would the poison be added? And to what, exactly? asked Dromarch. Maybe they'll contaminate the drinking water at the confernce? i asked, but did we not hear that the main conference would only be attended by select trustworthy individuals? asked Dromarch.

It might be possible to contaminate the water supply before the conference begins, might it not? asked Gramps. If it were me, I wouldn't even drink any water at a conference like that, can't be too careful around people you don't know very well said Zeke.

Is that how it works? i asked, maybe there's a more effective method said Pandoria. It's got to be the meal at the banquet, right? i asked. Yes, I can hardly imagine the VIPs will be preparing their own food said Gramps.

I'd quite like to see Morag and Brighid try cooking for a banquet... said Pyra, and someone was saying they'd seen lots of weird ingredients being carried inside, right? i asked. Indeed they were said Dromarch, suspicious big box carried inside too! said Tora.

Could the strong-flavored ingredients be to hide the taste of the poison? i asked, you're sharp, Rex, I'd bet that's exactly what they're for said Zeke. The only question left is, who will be carrying out the poisoning itself? asked Pyra.

The Tirkin said y/n, the ones that girl was talking about? asked Pyra. Bana use Tirkin as minions before! Tora remember from artificial Blade factory in Mor Ardain! said Tora, I can see how they might be more convenient for him than hiring professional assassins, then... said Dromarch.

Yeah, but you think Tirkin know the first thing about cooking? asked Zeke, I don't know about that... i said. Listen, I think we're just going around in circles here, if we know somebody's probably gonna poison the food, why don't we go check out the batteship itself? asked Nia.

Good point, regardless of who's carrying it out, we should act fast if we're going to stop this plot i said. That settled then! Everybody go to dining hall Ardainian battleship! said Tora as we head for dining hall in the Ardainian battleship.

(y/n)pov

As we enter the dining hall, stop everything! Hold it! shouted Rex. Craa! Wh-wh-what? Who's you? asked one of the Tirkin, don't play dumb! Poison! That food is poisoned! said Rex. P-p-p-poison? You kids krazy in brains! said one of the Tirkin.