chapter 27

(Morag)pov

I in the Throne Room of the Hardhaigh Palace and saw Niall, You shouldn't be up. It's only been one day... Please don't strain yourself i said, half a day off at all this paperwork! I swear, it's like they don't want me to sleep at all! said Niall.

Majesty... i said, Special Inquisitor. I hereby issue you new orders, It is my wish that you travel with the Aegis as an emissary of the Empire, guard her and defend her against her enemies until she reaches Tantal said Niall. 

Guard...the Aegis? i asked, I've already discussed it with his Eminence said Niall. Forgive me, your Majesty, I cannot accept... Just think about what happened yesterday! It would be sheer foolishness for me to leave your side! i said.

Is that so? I can see it in your eyes. It's clear that the Aegis...or rather, that boy, has made a great impression on you said Niall. That's not-! I am your...Special Inquisitor. Ensuring your Majesty's safety is my only concern i said.

To abandon that duty and go traveling... Is this...Aegaeon's...? i asked, a Driver who cannot even protect himself is no Driver at all. Yesterday's events have made me keenly aware that I have no aptitude for it said Niall.

It will be of more use in your hands said Niall, Majesty... i said. The world is changing, Morag, I trust you more than anyone to lend that boy the wisdom and strength he will need, I miss it, you know. Lake Yewtle, in Gormott said Niall.

...What? i asked, remember when the two of us would shake off the servants and go swimming there? asked Niall. Ah... Yes, of couse i said, kids from the nearby village would come too, good times said Neill.

Majesty... i said, If Mor Ardain... No, the whole of Alrest could be like that again... Wouldn't it be beauttiful...? asked Niall. Is that my new duty, then? i asked, in truth, it should have been you sitting in this chair right now... said Niall. The imperial line has always passed from father to son, on the day Your Majesty was born, that's exactly what happened i said.

I knew that day would come, it came as no surpise i said. You were raised by my father to take the throne of the Empire, as befits the daughter of my Lord Uncle Eandraig said Niall, and I am grateful for it i said.

If not for him, I would never have met Brighid, never have met...them. I'd have missed out on so much i said, there, those are your ture feelings, a magnificent power resides in you. Morag, power like your exists to be used said Niall.

Niall... i said, you've been tied down long enough, follow your heart, Morag Ladair said Niall. I have no words, thank you, your Majesty, very well, then. I hereby accept the task you have assighed to me i said. 

That's the Morag I know and love, make me proud said Niall as i told the other what happened. ...So that's how it is, it seems our paths continue to entwine i said. That's awesome news! To be honest, I was really hoping there was some way you could stick around said Rex.

I was just thinking of asking you myself said Rex, saved you the trouble, did I? i asked. That you did! Thanks a bunch, Morag! said Rex as we heard something and we turn to see y/n walking to us.

I am glad you and Brighid are staying with us said y/n, I glad too and... wait, you not hiding your core? i asked. I been hiding my core for 500 years so i not going to hide my core again, peoples will know so i fine not hiding my core said y/n as we understand what he mean.

(Rex)pov

We head to Dorara and ask him to head for Tantal, Dorara hear the news! Friends wanting to go to Tantal? asked Dorara as we say yes. Actually, ship captain was Indoline, and go into deep mourning for Lady Fan. Then was nobody left to steer ship... said Dorara.