chapter 25

(y/n)pov

That was quite the funeral ceremony said Gramps, it spoke volumes as to just how much Fan was loved by her people said Dromarch. The Goddess of Indol won't be an easy position to replace said Gramps.

Hey, Rex. What are you going to do from here on out? asked Nia, If we're going to reach the World Tree, we'll need the Praetor's help, but... said Rex as we heard someone called out. Master Rex! There you are said Senelo.

Praetor Amalthus wishes to speak with you, he is waiting in the audience chamber said Senelo. That's perfect timing, then. Maybe he wants to talk about the World Tree? asked Rex, I am afraid I cannot say said Senelo

Well, there is only one way to find out said Gramps, Let's get ourselves on over to that audience chamber, then said Zeke. We head for the audience chamber and as we get there, we saw him doing something to the Core Crystals.

My apologies, did i keep you waiting? asked Amalthus, no, not really. What...were you doing? asked Rex, I was cleansing the Core Crystals, it markedly increases their resonance success rate said Amalthus.

Bonding with a Crystal carries certain risks, you understand... said Amalthus. I know said Rex, when I became the Driver of an Aegis, this power was awakened in me said Amalthus. ...So I might be able to do it too? asked Rex.

Who knows, Different people are cut out for different things... said Amalthus. Right, yeah said Rex, now then, my work is done for the day, come with me said Amalthus as we follow him. Aspecial envoy...to Tantal? Me? asked Rex.

Correct, behold... as a salvager, I imagine you are already aware, but this is Alrest, the world we currently inhabit. We make our home on Titans, moving in circles around the world tree and here lies the great Void said Amalthus as he show us a map.

This Void came into being 500 years ago, It did not exist prior to that said Amalthus. So I've heard, It's in our way, anyway. It stopped us reaching the World Tree said Rex, the great Amalthusoid is carved from the Cloud Sea by a monstrous beast known as Ophion said Amalthus.

Wait, you mean...that thing...? asked Rex, to be precise, it is an Artifice, a servant of the Aegis said Amalthus. Of Mythra?! said Rex, so if that thingy is Mythra's, then what did it attack us for?! Doesn't make sense! said Nia.

Ophion was felled in the ancient battle with Malos, sinking below the clouds... This means...someone must have revived it said Mythra. Correct said Amalthus, and you're saying that someone was Zeke's home country, Tantal? asked Mythra.

Yes, they gave Ophion one directive, to ensure that none approach the World tree. They sought to prevent a repeat of the horrors of the Aegis War, so an obstacle was created - the great Void said Amalthus.

How did they manage a feat like that? asked Mythra, as i've said, mankind is regressing. Only one artifact remains that can rescind Ophion's orders, and it lies in Tantal said Amalthus. It's called the Omega Fetter, and it's guarded by the royal family said Zeke.

I'll take you to it said Zeke, I've prepared your envoy documents already. Your quest is to set foot in Elysium, correct? Malos and his ilk will surely seek the Omega Fetter for themselves said Amalthus.

I would ask you to reach Elysium before they do, and inform me of what you find there, do it as a favor for a once-foolish old man and so that people may have a future in this dying world... said Amalthus as we head as outside and i know he lying about something.

(Rex)pov

So Zeke, you're going to be guiding us to Tantal, right? i asked, sure am. But let's head bck to our chambers before we talk about it, this isn't exactly the place for discussing stuff said Zeke. Back to our room? Got it i said as we head to our chambers.