chapter 30

(Morag)pov

We were walk to the place and I stop to think something, Lady Morag, you're making that face again, if you keep frowning like that, you'll get wrinkles said Brighid. ...I just don't get it, Tantal was founded by the counter-Addamites i said.

Then, after the war, they closed themselves off. But...the way the king was acting... I can't help feeling there's something to it i said. What, though? asked Nia, it was the Praetorium who sent us here on this mission i said.

Why would he go to such lengths to reject it...? It seemed almost like he wanted to cut ties with them... i said. You think Indol is holding something else over Tantal? asked Brighid, that would be an explanation, yes... Zeke, do you know anything useful? i asked.

Nope, there's no records from back then said Zeke, how about you? i asked. There is nothing in my journal from that period, i ight have been returned to my core for some reason or other said Brighid.

Do you know anything about those days, Gramps? asked Rex, Mmm...? No, I was somewhere else at the time and matters of human kingdoms and so on didn't interest me much said Gramps.

Geez Gramps, what's the point of keeping an old-timer like you around if you don't even know anything?! said Rex. Sometimes, it's funny how much you sound like Corinne said Gramps, so you hink the king wasn't telling  us everything? asked Nia.

There is a chance said Brighid, do you think it may be related to Jin and his comrades using Torna's name? asked Dromarch as Rex remember what Jin said. The last state... said Rex as we heard him.

Jin said something about the last state of humanity, I thought he meant, like, an evolution...y'know, in the future...but maybe he meant the previous state of humanity? asked Rex.

And that is the key to why they fight...? asked Brighid as Rex, If... If that is the case... Perhaps I...never should have after all... said Pyra. We back walking through for a bit till we saw a building in front of us.

What is this place? ask Rex, a battleground from the Aegis War... There are many things here I remember... said Gramps. The walls and floors are melted... Must've been a hell of a battle said Nia.

Ophion isn't the only Artifice, you've already seen one other - Siren, the one Mythra commands. But during the war, there were countless Artices, wielded by Malos said Pyra. So it's a site of a fight against him... said Rex.

Say, what are these Artifices, anyway? We've only actually met Ophion, we've never even seen Siren, just that light thing it shoots down said Nia. They're a power granted to the Aegises, Divine swords sleeping in Elysium, far above us all said Pyra.

Hold on, I thought Elysium was a paradise, not a scary weapon stash? asked Nia. ...I don't know said Pyra, whaddya mean, you don't know? asked Nia. All that I can find in the corners of my memory is that townscape... said Pyra.

I don't know why Father created me, or created the Artifices... That's what I want to find out... said Pyra. Pyra... said Nia, it's OK, we'll find out once we get there said Rex, I don't think... said Nia.

Open a chest, it might turn out great... But until then, it's just a crate! That's rule 4 of the Salvager's Code! Haha said Rex. Rex... Comparing Elysium to dirty old sea junk... said Nia as we head for the building.

(Rex)pov

As we enter a hallway and it was long, then we got to the end. My Prince, look over there said Pandoria, would you look at that, I guess we've arrived said Zeke. Whoa, it looks way older than the palace... said Nia.

Yes, it seems untounched by the ravages of time... said Dromarch as head to it. Pandoria know what to do and open up the door, we enter the room... That's it said Zeke as he put his hand on a device and open up to see something inside.