chapter 37

(Rex)pov

I told Mythra about meeting Addam, really... You got to meet Addam? asked Mythra. Yeah, I mean, it' like I have broken bits of memory about him. Addam told me something, he told me to fight for the things that I wanted to protect i said.

I made my choice, i fight for you and Pyra. I mean, I'm mean, I'm still not good enough for you, but... i said. Don't say that, I've made a choice as well, not to...live in fear said Mythra. Hey, when you transformed before... i said.

That form...it's our true nature, the sword changed, right? asked Mythra. Uh? Yeah i said, it's not just physically stronger, it also lets us control Artifices at will, so be careful said Mythra. Careful? i asked, I mean, don't get carried away said Mythra.

I-I see... Which...one of you is it, in that form? i asked. Which one? asked Mythra, Deep down... i said, it's not one or the other...it's both at once said Mythra. Like...coffee with Milk? i asked, what kind of a- something like that, anyway said Mythra.

So you're... Pythra? Myra? i asked, It doesn't matter, Pyra, Mythra, they're both me. Call me whichever said Mythra, Ok, sure, you can transform at will? i asked. If I need to said Mythra, I see...heheh... i said.

What? What are you laughing at? asked Mythra, well... I kinda preferred your hair in that form... i said. It's like that, is it? Ha... You jerk... That sound... said Mythra. It's the others! C'mon! i said, yeah said Mythra as we follow the sound.

As we run the path and we saw Jin fighting something, Guh! I can't... I can't lose to these fools! said Jin. Jin?! said Mythra, he wound up here too?! He's still wounded from before? i asked as Jin take another hit as i help him.

Rex?! shouted Mythra as i attack the monster, you?! said Jin. You can't move, right? I can't just let you die here, even if you are my enemy! Mythra! i said, if we must... But don't kid yourself that I think this is a good idea, Rex! said Mythra as we fighting it.

We beat it and Jin got up, but why did you help me... I'm... said Jin. Our enemy? Yeah, we know that... Even so, it would have been wrong. I just thought, I can't let it end like that... And... No...it's nothing i said.

Jin fall to his knees, H-Hey! Wha-? i said as i saw the monster get up again. But an blue fire come out nowhere and hit the monster, those flames! i said. You've got a lot to learn, you've got to burn these monsters up. That, or smash their Core Crystal, otherwise, they'll keep coming said Brighid.

Brighid! Poppi! Gramps! i said, Rex? Are you Ok? asked Gramps, Poppi find friends! said Poppi. B-but...Jin?! said Gramps as Jin fall to the ground, oh really... So you lost and the others? i asked, It's fine! Masterpon is not as soft as he look! said Poppi.

(Mythra)pov

It's faint, but I can feel the energy sigature of Morag's weapons, she must be here too... said Brighid. OK! Let's rest up, then go look for them said Rex, Hey, Rex, what about that scumbag there? asked Brighid.

Ah... I think I beat him up pretty bad in that fight, I couldn't just leave him to die said Rex. I thought it'd be something like that... said Gramps, Ah... Your sweet, bleeding heart! So, what are we going to do? asked Brighid.

Mythra, maybe you could, uh... said Rex, Fine! Whatever! Gimme a sec... i said as i change into the other one and started to heal Jin. Incredible! What awesome power you've acquired! said Brighid.

This is the power of the Master Blade! The Master Blade possesses the date of all Blade cores. This is...?! i said, what's wrong? asked Rex as i change into myself, His heart... It's a human heart! He's...a Flesh Eater! i said.

Then Jin wake up, W-what... What did you do to me? asked Jin. Easy, you'll be fine said Rex, It's not perfect, so be careful with it i said. Mythra... said Jin, My name... You still remember it, do you? i asked.

I guess that makes sense, you never did return to your crystal, did you? i asked as Jin nod. You're a lucky man, Jin, you've been given the second chance you denied to many brave Ardainians. I doubt your luck would hold up so well if Morah were here! said Brighid.

Mythra... Didn't you and Jin...? asked Rex, yes, we fought together against Malos, once. That's why I need to know... Why? Why did you take Malos's side? i asked. You really want to know? You only think you do, if you knew, it'd destroy you too said Jin.

I can guess and I can tell you... It didn't lead me to the same conlusion as you, Lora... She's in there, isn't she? i asked. With everything you've done, we can't forgive you and if you're going to keep standing in our way in the future said Rex.

Keep trying to destroy the world, we will stop you. But, right now... said Rex, naive kid. This is the land of Morytha, and it's a place of more wickedness than you can imagine said Jin. You know it? asked Rex.

This land was destroyed long before Alrest existed, the birthplace of the Architect, that's what Malos said Jin. The...Architect's... said Rex, Jin, i know full well there's no easy way to change your mind i said.

But hear me out, let's regroup, and climb up the World Tree, call it a ceasefire until then, OK? i asked. A united front? as you wish...It's not like I could take you on in this state anyway said Jin, hold on... Brighid, Poppi and Gramps, what happened to y/n? asked Rex.

That is an good question Rex said Gramps, I haven't see him when we trying find you guys said Brighid. Poppi really don't know said Poppi, but i do know he can keep himself safe i said as we head down the path.

(Brighid)pov

We were walking for a bit till we stop to rest up, then i walk to Jin. Can I have a word? I'm Brighid, But I hardly needed to introduce myself to you, did I? You must know practically all there is to know about me by now i said.

The stuff in here... The old me, the me you knew... Is this journal the truth? I need to know if I can trust what I wrote in here i said. If you knew... You think it would change anything? asked Jin, explain i said.

The Brighid I knew... Well, you aren't her, it's like talking to a whole new Blade said Jin. Makes sense, there's no going back to who I was. But, I still need to know. I want to know what I did, what I really thought... i said.

And... It seems wrong to just forget about the people who were important to me before... I need to remember them i said, Jin! Please tell! Really, Poppi is only just born. Doesn't know much! But, even Poppi knows, stories of old Drivers very important!  Very precious indeed! said Poppi.

Memories of Masterpon very important, Poppi always thinks, "must make many more Masterpon memories"! said Poppi as Jin remember. As we get ready, I think we're all rested enough, let's move out said Mythra.

We're slowly but surely getting closer to that World Tree... said Rex, Poppi just hope Masterpon and others also heading for World Tree... said Poppi. Hoping is all we can do on that front said Mythra.

Even if we don't meet up with them on the way, I think we should wait a while at the base of the Tree said Rex. That does seem best I said as we walking on the path again. As we were walking, we found more of those thing we have fight a while ago.

So many many... said Poppi, Mythra?! said Rex. There's no way around... said Mythra, yeah... said Rex as Jin walk ahead of us, no time to play around said Jin as he is ready to fight. No arguments there... said Rex.

No option but to wipe them out, let's do it! i said as we fight those thing. We beat those thing, I didn't know there were monsters like that... said Rex. Nothing like Alrest, for sure, they've got a rotten knack of healing themselves... said Gramps.

Almost like...Blades... i said, I dunno, but...maybe they're leftovers from the culture that created us. This is the Architect's world, i guess nothing should come as a surprise said Jin. I wonder what kind of a person he is...said Rex, I didn't get to meet him said Mythra.

I mean, I have fragments of memories, blurred images... That's why I want to meet him said Mythra. To create this awesome civilzation... I can't imagine said Rex, Awesome? This? It's a heap of smashed-up crap. Look at it, it was melted by a warhead or something, all that's buried here is the hubris of mankind said Jin.

If the Architect was born here, then he must be as flawed as any other. No different from you people of Alrest... said Jin, why do you hate us so much? What is it that you think we've done? Jin said Rex as Jin saw something.

That...That's... Torna... said Jin as we saw the Titan Torna.