chapter 23

(Brighid)pov

Little time skip and in the night, I talking  one of the Ardainian soldiers. I see, very well, it appears Senator Roderich paid a visit to the Praetorium last night, off the record, did you know that? i said.

No. I haven't heard anything from His Majesty, why now, I wonder? I can't imagine he was just paying his respects said Morag. Do you think it's something to do with the excavation? Temperantia? i asked.

Hmm. The issue His Majesty mentioned? If that is the case, he must be making covert deals with the Praetorium... Curse that man... said Morag. then we heard someone called out, sincere apologies everyone, but I come with an urgent request said an Indol soldier as we come out of the room.

Please go the Audience Chamber at once! said Indol soldier as we head to it, we meeting Amalthus. As you may know, there is a demilitarized zone between Mor Ardain and Uraya said Amalthus.

Temperantia, think of it as a buffer between the two nations, we've received word of fighting in the area. Mor Ardain are in possessionn of a Titan weapon, they're advancing as we speak towards the Urayan garrison said Amalthus.

Impossible! said Morag, well, the two countries' Titans are at their closest right now... said Amalthus. You're saying we were waiting for a chance to strike? Unthinkable! Our people would never go to war against His Majesty's will! said Morag.

At any rate, we must investigate i said, yes... You're right. Praetor, I beg your leave. We need to find out what's going on, your Eminence said Morag. Thank you said Amalthus as we went ahead.

Your Eminence, we... said Rex, might I ask you to assist Special Inquisitor Morag in her investigation? asked Amalthus. We have no reason to refuse, and you needn't worry about me said Pyra.

I am quite grateful to hear that said Amalthus, let's go after them, hurry! said Rex as they go after us and as we near the door... we heard the voice we know. Who?! Who's responsible for this?! Preparations are still ongoing, if we attack now we could- said Senator Roderich as we enter the room.

What have you done, Senator Roderich? asked Morag, Special Inquisitor?! What are you doing here? asked Roderich. The Emperor ordered that the dig be halted, he was very specific, Senator said Morag.

If you've restarted it, you have violated His Majesty's will said Morag. The Emperor doesn't understand Mor Ardain's urgent lack of resources, this is for the Empire said Roderich. Your patriotism is touching, but that doesn't explain why you're waging war with Uraya! said Morag.

It wasn't me! I did not give that order! Even I would never dream of declaring war without His Majesty's express consent! Even I would never dream of declaring war without His Majesty's express consent! said Roderich.

So who in the... said Morag, Morag! said Rex as the other come in the room. Who...who are these people?! Bursting in here? asked Roderich, this is the Driver of the Aegis, you are to afford him the same respect as me said Morag.

This is him?! I'd heard the rumors, but this boy... said Roderich, there are rumors now? Wow, am i really that famous? asked Rex. Do you have any idea how much it costs to repair a water tower? It's a lot i said.

So, less famous, more infamous said Gramps, Morag, is Mor Ardain really attacking? asked Rex. They are, as much as I hate to admit it said Morag, tell me - what's going on?! said Rex as Morag tell them what happened.

(Nia)pov

Tricky indeed, If this escalates into all-out war... said Dromarch, the timing is all wrong, we can't win this fight, not now... said Roderich. Sounds like  you WERE planning to start this sooner or later, sly rat said Zeke.