Chapter 17

Sihan takes a look at the organic foods carefully picking out some for him and Dr. Amani then shares it. 

"I always look carefully, we don't want any bugs or rotting!" Sihan jokes. 

Dr. Amani smiles and chuckles, "of course, but here is a little advice: soak your vegetables in salt water and 20 to 30 minutes helps draw pesticides and bugs." 

Sihan heard about washing it with salt water but he never soaked it, "I'll take you up on that!" 

Walking to different sections Sihan looks to see it was the baby section, Sihan looks carefully for the brands he usually buys, unable to see it he feels a bit concerned. Dr. Amani takes it up observing Sihan wonders what he is doing. Was he helping him? 

"Well, I'm not sure what you usually go for but I read the fine print at the back." He offers, "why sister's baby prefers this, he is very picky".

Sihan looks at it as Dr. Amani spins it, showing him back. "Anything that would prove to be irritable or harmful".

"Huh?" 

"I'm not your official doctor so I don't know much about you or your baby," he jokes. 

"Uh, Oh! Right, na uh nothing here so for that I know of," he smiles. 

Taking out a few other things they went to another section buying what is needed and necessary for them before moving on until finished. 

"I don't think you need my help much, Dr. Amani." Sihan said.

"Well, I did, you could say it helps decide what to do when I have someone to discuss it with," Amani said to Sihan confusion. 

"What do you mean?" 

"It's easier for me to decide when I talk about things like when discussing meat type benefits and disadvantages, pricing and so on. What's simple, what's hard, it's difficult getting in the mood for things." He said. 

"Well you can talk to me anytime! After all you listen when I'm talking about Noah and your advice has help me greatly," 

"Well I am a doctor," he said. 

"Exactly! And I'm not your patient but still!" Sihan insists.

The doctor looks at him then laughs, the determination in his eyes. He takes out a card from his wallet then pays the cashier, "pay for both of us please." 

"No, I have money!" 

"Then for the baby products, no take backs," he said. 

Sihan couldn't find place to reject so he nods, as both of them packs their bags, Dr. Amani takes some of Sihan's bags as they walk outside to the car. Helping him pack the trunk then buckling a now sleeping Noah in the car he smiles appreciating Dr. Amani's help.

"Um thank you! Very much, I don't know how to repay you." 

"No need, simple matter," he said, taking a lollipop from his pocket then pulling it and eating. 

It was then Sihan had an idea, he would buy some candies for Amani. But as soon as he could suggest this, the Dr receives a phone call. He waves goodbye at him as Sihan shyly waves back then the doctor walks off.

"Aw, maybe next time," Sihan whispers to himself. 

He enters the driver's seat to then drive home, after parking the car he requests some aid for the bags from some service people. Reaching his door he opens it with the key.

"Mom, dad, I'm home, guess what I bought groceries as well!" Sihan yells excitedly, this feels nostalgic to him.

Rosalie came out in the open smiling, "oh how sweet! Carlton, Nathaniel! Come help with groceries." 

Noah's eyes shot open upon hearing the devil's name, Sihan too was equally surprised. Nathaniel? Here?! He didn't tell him he was coming over?! He forgot to inform him! He is gonna be so passed!

Sihan looks up nervously as the two men arrive, he specifically looks at Nathaniel who looks neutral with no reaction, they come and take the bag as Nathaniel stoops over to kiss Sihan's cheek but slowly whispers at his ear. 

"You better have a good reason for why you didn't tell me about their visit." 

'I can hear you bitch! Is that a threat?!' 

Nathaniel takes the bag to the kitchen as Sihan feels nervous and his stomach churn from the unlining fear and guilt he feels. 

Carlton noticed the quick change in his son's reaction and squinted his eyes, upset. Rosalie too was feeling uneasy.