chapter 36

It's early the next day, Sihan had just checked upon Amani who was still asleep last night. He placed a sheet upon him to keep him warm but he had already thrown the sheet off. 

Sihan isn't sure if he should say anything, he doesn't want to be rude or inappropriate especially if they are in a relationship that would be bad. After checking on him he went to the kitchen where Zorah is already cooking, there was also the guy from last night.

As Zorah turns and sees him, “good morning.” 

Sihan snaps out of it for a bit before saying, “g-good morning… everyone.” 

The guy gives him an awkward smile offering his hand to shake, “good morning, I guess I didn't officially introduce myself, my name is Florence.” 

Sihan looks at him, taking his hand and shaking it, “h-hello Florence I'm Sihan.” 

Sihan was about to let go but Florence still held on, “you have a strong accent you're not from around here?” 

“He's a foreigner, he's not very good in our language but he is excellent enough,” Zorah said.

“Really? Is he here for a job?” 

“No, Yaakov brought him here.” 

“Yaakov?” 

His expression changes a bit before returning, Sihan feels uncomfortable with this person especially with last night's events. What type of person is he to Amani, where they are intimate? Is that why he kisses him? Was it a natural thing? 

“Really? I guess it wouldn't be unusual of him; he has always been quite fond of strays,” Florence said jokingly.

“I'm not a stray,” Sihan said, not liking the implications of him being homeless.

Florence looks at him chuckling nervously, “no, no, it's just ah, just a little thing we say whenever Yaakov you know. It's not to say you're a beggar or anything, Yaakov likes to poke his nose in things that don't concern him.” Florence said on the defensive.

“Don't take it too seriously Sihan, he has a hard way explaining himself terrible at it.” 

Sihan nods, Florence didn't look like he was being offensive Sihan feels guilty this was a different country of course they'd have a different way of saying things.

“Urghhh! Why does my feels like a fucking pandemic,”

They all look around seeing Amani walks in the room grumpily. Florence chuckles, “with the way you've been drinking it's no surprise.” 

“And here I was trusting you to stop me,” 

“Why would I? You look like you were having fun,” Florence jokes.

Amani went silent then looked at Sihan, his grumpy face soon swiping away as if never there, “good morning Bambi, where is my little judgemental angel.” 

Sihan blinks of course, Amani became Noah's God father though he doesn't want Amani to be responsible he is playing a father role to Noah even if unintentionally. But he doesn't want that for them both, he doesn't want to burden Amani and he doesn't want to deceive Noah, there is so much to cover because of this decision he made. He took away what could be a breakthrough for Nathaniel but he fears how long that breakthrough will take and if it's at the cost of hurting Noah he couldn't possibly accept that. 

“He is sleeping,” 

“Haa~ of course he must have his beauty sleep before casting judgement upon us, how unworthy are we,” he jokes with eyes closed and hand on his chest.