chapter 23

Sihan looks at his screen again when Dr. Amani takes it from his hand. 

"I hate to be so rude and disrespectful but clearly this is a source material of distress your feeling," Dr. Amani said.

"No, no, it's not like that it's Noah's dad he– well, I kinda said something upsetting and I want to apologise," 

Dr. Amani wraps his arm around the handle looking into the eyes of Sihan who looks away. "So, how about this? Give him time" 

"Huh?" 

"For the past two days I've been here you've been on your phone every other moment and longer you look at it the more distress you seem, if your boyfriend is not reciprocating or replying give him time no more calls, no more messages and when he cools down he will come," Dr. Amani said.

"How are you so sure, what if he doesn't?" 

"They always do" Dr. Amani didn't finish his sentence or he'd say the narcissist loves the attention. "So starting today, you will not text understand? Can you do that?" 

"But…" Sihan looks aside for a moment, "yes, yes I can".

"Good, give your boyfriend some time to relax and he'll come back soon okay?" Dr. Amani smiles.

Noah looks at the doctor, he can't tell if it's a good idea or bad idea. It can help to relax his mother and maybe detach himself a bit but it can also backfire by making the scum gong go into a raging fit  after all there is a saying narcissist loves the attention. Noah drops the letter block at realisation, then looks at the doctor, he knows that. 

The doctor gets up and went over to Noah and sees the blocks in alphabetical order, "incredible" 

Sihan looks over, "it is isn't it? Noah is very intelligent" he smiles. 

Doctor Amani picks up a block and turns it to one Noah uses his hand to the block and make it two and put it next to the one. Doctor Amani finds himself twitching up a smile. 

"According to horror movies, you'd be a possess baby haha," 

Noah looks at him, can he hit him with the brick? Nah that energy is reserved for the scum. 

"Your development is quite fast even for a baby," Amani smiles.

'Don't focus on me and more on my mother!' 

Sihan Smiles then quietly takes a picture of the two, 'adorable'. 

Amani looks up at him, causing a picture of his face to be taken, he smiles at Sihan. 

"Baba!" 

Sihan looks at Noah and stretches towards him. "Noah, wants mommy now? Are you done with doctor Amani?" 

"Mmm!" 

Doctor Amani chuckles, "and I'll go make food for my dearest patients so he has enough energy to keep active". 

Sihan wonders why doctor Amani was doing this, since he came here he has been keeping him busy. Like yesterday he turned the TV to a Yoda dancing session and had him join in. It was fun but he doesn't think doctors do this. He cooks three meals a day for him, he told him he took a short sick relief but is that something a doctor does? 

Amani is in the kitchen thinking, no sign of physical abuse at least for now but he must keep an eye out. 

He washes his hand for a while and dry it off then picks up his phone, he dial 911 but then deletes it. He doesn't have enough evidence and the fact that this an expensive hotel makes it obvious he isn't dealing with someone simple. He can't straight up ask Evans cause it's clearly a tight lip situation. 

So the best way is to have Evans warm up to him naturally, but will that be easy? 

Amani puts down his phone then goes back to cooking, making a schedule in his mind. Before he could help him he should really help with his physical health. His mental health is another matter. 

After making dinner he serves Sihan and both eat dinner together, Sihan doesn't understand anything or why Amani is doing this? But he is worried about how Nathaniel will react to him bringing a stranger into his apartment. 

He feels that he has done something wrong again, but it's a doctor right? Nothing is wrong with that right? 

A/n

I don't know if I ever hinted or mention it but Sihan at one point was isolated from everyone during his pregnancy.