chapter 22

Sihan gently opens his eyes, feeling a wave of tiredness hits him. When he realised, "Ah, Noah–" 

"He's asleep," 

Sihan looks aside seeing doctor Amani sitting on his phone playing games while sucking the lollipop. "Huh, where–" 

"You ate xxx private hospital," 

"What am I doing here?" Sihan asks.

"You collapsed and passed out on the floor. I must say you should fill out your emergency contact information. In cases of emergency like this your files are almost empty. I'm surprised you got a doctor like Sterling to work with you. He's strict about these things," Dr. Amani explains.

Sihan slightly looks to the side to see his baby beside him on his head was a bandage that makes his blood run cold, "Noah!" 

"Shhh," Dr. Amani hushes him. "He is okay. He got a small bump when you fainted at the doorway, it was difficult getting him to sleep. The little one put up a brave fight but even he couldn't control the whims of his own body. This was the first time I've seen a baby looking like a stressed out adult," he jokes.

Sihan bites his bottom lip, "Ah how did you find me?" 

"Well, baby genius somehow called me and ad it turns out we are neighbours," 

Sihan feels terrible he inconvenient someone, "I'm sorry, I must've have been a bother," 

"No, nor really as a doctor your demise means more money added to my pocket, wow that's dark even for me". 

Sihan doesn't understand why that person was so calm and cheerful, he looks at the IV bag. 

"On the topic of your health, I've never seen someone so young with such a high blood pressure. Your stress levels are off the charts, your skin was dehydrated, fatigue,weight etc… Mr. Evans, what I'm trying to say is your health is not in its best condition right now, I can discharge but it won't do much if your health suffers from neglect of one's health. Your child's mother it's not easy but you should also remember your one person." 

Sihan looks down at his baby with a sad frown and under his breath he whispers, "I don't… I don't feel like a person sometimes".

Dr. Amani's finger stops on the screen, he looks at Sihan in silence. "Hey, after my shift is over I'll take you home, okay? After all it's night and you can't exactly leave." 

Sihan was confused but he didn't think much of it, then he nodded, it is best not to be trouble or inconvenience to him. 

"Good, well let me get you something to eat, you're looking like skin and bones ain't yacha M'dear".

After a while Dr. Amani left and returned with some delicious looking food and sliced fruits. He had to leave because he had patients to deal with and was quite busy but every now and then returned to check upon Sihan. And after his shift ended early the next day, Sihan checked out of hospital. 

On the drive, Dr. Amani stopped by the grocery store for a while and bought some stuff. Sihan had remained in the car to rest as he was feeling down, he looked at his phone and saw that his message was on read and still Nathaniel was not taking his calls. 

Noah frowns, he feels bitter, he will chase away that gong bastard no matter what! Enough is enough. 

Dr. Amani returns with some stuff and puts it in the trunk then back to the driver's seat. Finally they're in the room but to Sihan's surprise the doctor comes to his house.

"Sorry to intrude, but can I'd like to impose on you for a few days" 

Sihan was confused, "but, is that what doctors do?" 

"No, but I do it because you seem as though you really need someone." 

Sihan feels bad about himself even if a stranger finds him pathetic. 

"It's not pathetic, let's rephrase that. Let's take care of each other Mr. Evans after all I'd like to be a good neighbour" 

'Yes! And be a role model for hubby potential!' 

Sihan softens a bit and with a small smile, he said. "Okay".

"Good! Now let's look at good food recipes, any allergies? Dislikes?" 

"No, none that I can think off," 

"Now, you focus on relaxing. How about watching TV? I heard from Sterling you love to paint, you can do that." 

Sihan looks at Noah, "I don't do that anymore" 

"Hm, why?" 

"Well, since I'm not making a career out of it, why do it?" 

"Because you like it? Obviously." 

"But hobby often turns into job" 

"If you pursue it as a career, my hobby is collecting rare articles and figurines. If anything it costs more than earning more. I sure didn't get a job out of it." 

"But he said," 

"Whoever told you that sounds like he doesn't know happiness, in fact it's quite sad. Hey, they should get a hobby." 

'I like this guy, for now at least but I wonder if I have read about him in the book?' 

Sihan Smiles chuckling a bit, "right"