chapter 25

Sihan's heart was in this through and though he swallowed it didn't go down, Noah couldn't breathe, couldn't cry either. That was the most terrifying thing since the truck incident, the gong didn't hit the shou but just the prospect of it being this close in inches away from smashing in his face didn't help and Noah being a book reader knows that eventually if not saved the gong will hit the shou. 

Noah is scared, he unconsciously clings on to his equally scared mother who was trembling  like an animal in the rain as all thought left his mind and the only thing left was.

'Nathaniel was gonna hit me' 

Nathaniel grabs his shoulder almost causing him to loosen his grip but he grasps on to Noah as Nathaniel slams him across the wall, "look at me while I'm talking to you!" 

Sihan didn't look up, "hey, hey, I'm talking to you!" 

Sihan doesn't want to look him in the eyes, seeing his refusal to face him. Nathaniel holds his chin forcing him to face him but Sihan forces his eyes shut.

"Open your eyes and look at me," 

Noah can feel it, his mother's terror, maybe he had water down the true capability of the scum gong in his mind. He too was terrified, will it be easy to leave this scum… he doesn't think so.

"Sihan, open your eyes." 

"I can't!" 

"I SAID OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES!!"  Nathaniel once again banged on the wall frightening the mother and son.

Sihan shot his eyes open finally looking at him who seems terrifying to him, "Nat, your scaring me," 

Sihan eyes water with tears, his knees growing weaker and weaker each second, but Nathaniel only blocks his path. 

"Don't start crying now, I haven't done anything to you!" He scolds. 

Sihan tries to hold the tears but still it falls when Nathaniel grips his chin once more holding him closer.

"Wha—" 

!BUZZ— 

Nathaniel looks towards the door letting go of Sihan and turning to the door soon his knees give out as he slides down to the floor Nathaniel goes to the door and opens it to see the lady at the front desk. Nathaniel is confused on why she is here but still, but still remains calm hiding Sihan from her views.

"Do you need something?" 

"Um, excuse me sir there was a noise complaint so I'm here to check everything is okay?" 

"Noise complaint? Aren't these walls soundproof?" He asks sceptical.

"Well, I thought so as well until today. But if you don't mind, could you keep it down? It is in our hotel's policy 'happy neighbours good favours!' Teehee," She chirply said.

"Fine, I'll keep the noise down," he said. 

"Good! Enjoy your stay! Also try out our hotel's newest coupons and collect at least 10 lucky ones and you'll get the best dinner and relaxing spa treatment for 5 days! Five days! This is a limited offer, don't miss it!" She said winking at him. 

Nathaniel rolls his eyes with a sigh, he is annoyed. Sihan feels afraid but he feels paralyzed by fear, he looks at Noah whimpering in fear. He must wait for Nathaniel to leave, he will stay with his parents. 

Finally finishing with the unnecessary human ads and advertisements, he closes the door but as he closes the door she pulls up her phone then texts someone. She walks happily back down the elevator then frowns upon its closing, Nathaniel looking at Sihan standing at the door looking at Sihan now calm down.

"Are you going to sit there?" 

Sihan protectively holds Noah, Nathaniel sighs and slowly walks up to Sihan who closes eyes and protectively covers Noah when suddenly Nathaniel gently hugs him warmly. 

"I guess I was too much huh? You know me Sisi I wouldn't hurt you". he said in a soft sweet tone, he gently pull his cheek to look at him, "it's just that, when I saw our son hurt I got so angry and I just— my parents saw a picture of you and our baby and they said some things that upset me. This anger was never meant for you," 

'Stay away! You scare mommy! As well as me!' 

"C-can I p-put Noah to bed, he was startled".

Nathaniel looks at him, then releases him as Sihan gets up itching away as he watches him closely. Sihan is looking for his phone while feeding Noah but he sees Nathaniel with it in his hand. Noah is terrified to sleep, but still Sihan puts him in the crib, while trying to sing. But because of the development of a baby Noah's body couldn't fight the sleep much. 

"Aren't you gonna come?" 

"Ah, I just wanna watch Noah for a little while," Sihan nervously smiles.

"Okay," 

Nathaniel stands at the door waiting for him, as Sihan looks at his baby sleeping quite uncomfortably. It's obvious that Noah won't sleep for long, he was so caught up in watching him that he didn't realise when Nathaniel moved and now hugging him from behind. 

"Hey. I love you, you know that right?"

Hearing Nathaniel's sweet tone Sihan looks at him, "yeah" .

"Come here," 

Sihan turns as he gently kisses him while caressing tenderly, seeing Sihan trying to itch away he picks him up.

"Nat?!" 

Nathaniel takes him out the room, closing it behind. Entering their bedroom he gently drops him on the bed as Sihan looks away. 

"I-I don't want to…" 

A/n