Chapter 39

After Christmas eve it wasn't Amani had to return to work, where he would be barely available. During this time he was questioned by investigators and was receiving pressure from but after seeing nothing out the obvious they eventually left him alone.

Sihan focuses on his studies and raising Noah after becoming well adjusted he applied for a job and started saving, so he can release some of the burdens on Amani. 

Time was moving fast and before anyone noticed, five (5) years passed and things changed in a flash many things changed.

Noah skips the page of the book he was reading, Sihan plays with his fingers as he breathes.

It's been years and now he is finally returning to his home country, his parents what would they think. They would probably be angry and curse him but he is prepared but he is not prepared for, is…

He looks at Noah who is deep within his book that was sent by Amani for his birthday, Sihan thinks Amani finally lost ideas on what to send him, should he even be reading that he is only six (6)? 

But then again he can't really say much, Sihan sighs honestly, his son is a genius who helps with his own homework. He doesn't know what to give him and sometimes he feels his son is not happy with the gifts that are given to him. 

Feeling his mother's eyes on him looks at him, “mom?” 

“Yes, Noah?” 

Noah looks at him blankly then folds his lips, “are we gonna live with dad?” He asks.

Sihan blushes, well for a while yes. 

“Why?” 

“Hm?” 

“For a while, Dad is silly but he lives alone,” 

“Well we don't know if it's forever, sometimes adults go out and get together.” Sihan tries to explain.

‘You really think a guy like dad is serious about a relationship?’  

Noah tries to picture Amani in a relationship but ultimately it breaks his brain. 

“Is mom gonna look for a boyfriend?” Noah asks bluntly.

Sihan's face lights up bright red, “a b-boyfriend! N-no! I-I can't! That would mean– I only ever had one boyfriend and–” 

Sihan rambles as Noah turns back to his book, “you know, nothing is wrong with finding someone that makes mom happy as long as he treats you right. I don't mind.” 

Sihan pauses and he feels a slight glint of sadness. His therapist said that he shouldn't always blame himself for what happened when he was young but he must acknowledge the past and learn from it. Sihan is a different person from who he was then but every day he grows angry at that evening, the evening that was so psychologically damaging to his baby.

Sihan not sure on how to face Nathaniel he is not sure he could after all he still could take his baby from him if there were to be a legal case, that's why it's a big risk coming here but even so he won't live in fear. 

But Sihan wonders is Noah curious about his real father? He doesn't know but he often wonders how he will tell him but he doesn't feel like this the right time he was young after all but it's a fact they need to face. 

Noah thinks his mother is probably overthinking, of course he would be, they were going back to their home country and would probably have to face a lot of unresolved trauma and the biggest one was his sperm donor.

Noah would be lying if he said he wasn't affected or a bit scared after all it was the male the fact that they were going back…

Noah paused when he realised something, “Mom…” 

“Yes?”

“Now that I think about it, don't get a boyfriend. I don't want to share you with anyone,” he said shyly.

Sihan was blank for a second before a bright smile carved up his face, he hugged him kissing Noah's cheek. “My Noah is so cute, and lovely hehe. I love you Noah very much.” 

Noah feels embarrassed he blushes one thing about his mother is that he loves him very much that sometimes his teenage heart can't take it. 

Soon their plane landed, it was night time as they collected their luggage they soon spotted Amani who had the “welcome home” flag in his hand with a lollipop in his mouth. It's been over a year and half since they saw him in person and both their hearts lit up to see him.

Noah smiles as he runs through the crowd towards, “Dad!”

“Noah!” Amani receives him in his arms and lifts him up. 

Sihan blushes but smiles seeing the duo, he really likes the image and so he takes out his camera to take a picture.

A/n