chapter 20

"Noah" 

Sihan Smiles as his baby was once more I'm his arms again, Nathaniel looks up at Sihan's parents and could feel the heaviness in the air. Nathaniel however just looks at Sihan who was engulfed in watching their baby sleep peacefully.

After dinner and it was time to go to bed, Sihan feels nervous as he sees Nathaniel come into the room drying his dark silky hair while going to the closet for clothes. 

"Ah, I bought a new pair of pyjamas for you the other day! I saw it and thought it would look lovely on you so I bought us a matching pair!" 

Nathaniel looks at him who suddenly rushes in front of him and starts searching enthusiastically, Nathaniel looks at his back as the young male searches keenly for it. 

"It's not their, Ah must be over here" 

He heads for the drawer but as he moves he hears. "Your parents said something didn't they?" 

Sihan pauses, he frowns then turns slowly. "It's not what you think, they are just worried about me," he said.

"They didn't seem so worried when you got pregnant, I believe their words were to get rid of that thing in your stomach before you ruin your life." 

Sihan frowns sadly as he looks down at his fingertips touching the pads together, "I believe they were just genuinely worried I was after all a teen going to be a mother." Sihan touches the back of his neck…

"Can you say the same, really remember how you got that jumpscare about your miscarriage? And what did your oh so caring mother say?" 

Sihan frowns, he feels his heart sink, it feels like the world was against him giving birth to Noah. Was he the only one who looked forward to him? He could hear the echoes of his mother the night Nathaniel was on the bed sleeping or he wasn't sleeping considering he knew but he was pregnant and he had a terrible dream of miscarriage the horrible dream of waking up and bleeding out. He wanted to seek advice from someone he was close to who had experience only to receive an indifferent, "well, wouldn't it be better off if you lose it? After all your conscience  will be clear if it is lost instead of taken". 

Maybe that was why Nathaniel forced him to block them because he heard. But remembering that night brings Sihan back to tears all over, Nathaniel looks at him then brings him closer into a hug. 

"Don't think I'm being too harsh, I'm just reminding you that they may be nice now… but you have to keep them at a distance".

Sihan rubs his face on his chest crying, he wishes he was never reminded. Nathaniel pulls his face into a kiss, "ah– t-then I'll go get the pyjamas".

Later on into the night they tuck into bed, Sihan couldn't sleep. He loves Noah, and the fact that everyone wants him to be rid of Noah breaks his heart more and more every time, he turns to see Nathaniel sleeping peacefully but then sits up and slightly shakes him. Nathaniel groans as he wakes up and looks at him. 

"What?" 

"Nat if your parents weren't pressuring you would you still not want Noah?" 

Nathaniel's eyebrows furrow, "where did this come from?" He asks sitting up.

"I just hate it, honestly I do, every time I think about it, why did all of you have to be like that? Noah is innocent. He didn't see the world yet but already everyone was against his existence, he was just a tiny little life that hadn't been born yet and had no idea of anything yet you all condemn, your parents, my parents, and most of all you!" 

Sihan tears soaked the bed sheets as he looked at Nathaniel while he bit his bottom lip as it trembled. Nathaniel sighs then hugs him.

"Go to sleep, you'll get sick if you keep this up," Nathaniel said.

Sihan feels his heart hurt at Nathaniel's indifference, he feels his energy is weak. He lies down on the bed turning away from Nathaniel. 

"Please… leave tomorrow I don't really want to talk to you," Sihan's words tremble. 

He didn't mean to say that but it's already too late to take back because Nathaniel already heard, "I see how it is now, don't have to wait until tomorrow." 

He gets off the bed and grabs his keys then steps out slamming the door before Sihan could stop him. 

"Wait! Nath–" 

Nathaniel was already gone leaving Sihan to feel guilty, "why am I always the problem? I–I shouldn't have said anything".

His parents came out of the room at the sound of door slamming to see Sihan standing at the door with heads down. Neither knowing what to say or do. 

A/n

How are you liking the story?