Chapter 24

"And don't miss any of those meals, understand, eat on time and follow the schedule. You'll soon have to return to the daycare once all better, don't be afraid to call or text me if you're feeling any discomfort. Understand?" Dr. Amani explains.

Sihan feels a bit overwhelmed, this was the first time in forever that someone was so attentive to him. "I will, uh… have a good day" 

"You too, goodbye Noah take care of mama." 

"Byu!" 

"Hehe, baby genius." 

Amani walks off chuckling at Noah, it was late in the evening and Amani had to return to work. His job as a doctor is demanding, but he is happy these days. He looks through the photos he took then links it up to his printer and prints the photos then places them into Noah's photo collage and ones in a different set separate collage. Smiling at them he gently looks through it and sees a series of memories, like the time when he and Nathaniel went on that skiing trip, of the trip to secret islands where they take pictures of unique and cute animals.

That date night by the sea, where both of them played in the sand. Sihan slides his hand on the page. It was decorated with sand seashells of that time, each of the pages were decorated with tokens he took from their time together. He remembered back in college the token books were very popular. People liked how he made these picture colleges and of course he made good money since there were a lot of well off people there. 

It was these he used to pay off his expenses for college, since his parents were working hard but remembering being tired and struggling to keep up with demands it was Nathaniel who suggested for him to take a small break but somewhere along that break people stopped coming, and no one wanted his work anymore. So ultimately he had to rely on Nathaniel for a lot of things. 

Noah who was playing with plushie is thinking about the contents of the novel and is fretting deeply, in the novel the scum gong was a psycho who was easily jealous. Back in the time when the shou was in college he secretly had the people around the shou cut off, because some of the customers were also pursuers and he had the inkling that the shou might just cheat. The scum gong had rumour go around that shou stop making books or that the quality of the books were not good  and in worse case scenario have people threatened the customers. 

The scum gong and ignorant readers excuse it with the logic;  its for the shou safety because of a stalker incident that happened to the shou that led to almost being druggef and raped.

No matter how he tries to explain to his brain dead sister that is very much wrong and isolation could be detrimental to mental health, her logic was 'who wouldn't like to be locked away and doted on? Sign me up?!' 

There was no getting through his sister, so he gave up. 

Hearing a click at the door Sihan walks out the room, to see Nathaniel walking inside his face brightens up but frowns at the realisation that Nathaniel was not smiling. Nathaniel looks at him.

"You didn't go to the daycare today nor yesterday, why?" He asked grumpy. 

"Well, I was–" 

"In fact why haven't you been texting me?!" 

'It's not like you'd reply or answer your bastard gong!' 

"I thought you'd need time by yourself," 

"You told me to leave!" Nathaniel groans.

"But even when I asked you to come back you didn't come," Sihan said awkwardly. 

"You–" 

"Bluu!" 

Nathaniel looks down at Noah seeing the bandage, "why is he wearing a bandage?" 

Sihan's heart skips a beat, he gently holds Noah closer in a protective manner. He feels guilty that his baby is hurt because of him. 

"He fell the other day when I–" 

Before he could finish the sentence and in a flash for a second, something flashed before his eyes then he heard. 

*¡BAM!* 

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING TO DROP OUR SON?!"