Chapter 40

“So how are you guys? Are you hungry? I'll stop by the drive through. I would cook but I have to return to work.” He said 

Sihan could see the tiredness under Amani's eyes, he frowns because he knows Amani's job takes up most of his time and energy being a doctor is not easy.

“You're not staying the night?” Noah asks, a little bummed out.

“sorry little Jimmy Stein, but no, dad's gotta work hard to make some doe.” Amani jokes. 

“You didn't take any vacations or many days off this year, should you be overworking yourself like this?” Sihan asks worriedly.

“Awe chucks, I made Bambi worry about me, what am I ever to do?” He said teasing.

Sihan blushes then pouts, “I-I'm being serious!” 

Amani chuckles; he feels happy, he uses one of his hands to pat Sihan's head as the other steers. Noah smiles, he is happy, but he is also worried about the what if…

In his past life his sister used to tell him about the ‘tropes’ of story writing and right now they are playing out one of them, the runaway mother/bride trope. This trope is the one that mc runs away from the gong, then comes back with a child trope, and everything checks the boxes: the five years, the ghosting and also returning as a bakery owner…

Yes, Sihan owns a bakery now. It's what he has been saving for and it's already been fixed up and prepared. The only thing left is to buy ingredients and open it. Noah feels gloomy, but he will not let them end up together over his dead body.

“Noah? Are you constipated?” Amani asked, looking through the rear view mirror after all, the little one was wearing a struggling expression.

Noah blushes in embarrassment, “o-of course Not!” 

Amani laughs after they continue their journey, after buying something for the two to eat and carrying them home. Amani realised he was running late, “although I'd like to show you around could I'm running a bit on a timer and I have a surgery in 30 minutes,”

“I see then you must go,” Sihan said.

Amani gives him a soft smile then gently touches his cheek, “Don't worry Bambi I'll be here by 6 o'clock if not then I have no choice but to take 3 days off due to exhaustion and overworking.”

Sihan touches his hand that was warm and rubs; he likes the feeling inside his palm. Amani takes out a lollipop for Noah and stoops down Noah then takes it and hugs him around his neck. “6 o'clock! If not, I'll be mad at you!”

“Of course, couldn't have that right little neutron?” 

Noah puffs while taking the lollipop, “you'd suck as a dentist!” 

“Noah!” 

“HAHAHA! Anyways goodbye,” 

“Goodbye” 

“*Goodbye*” 

They watched as Amani entered the car and left, soon they went inside to see a very spacious hall, it seemed a bit big and empty. It must have been really low for someone like Amani. 

They look around to find the kitchen around the back room. A bathroom on the other side went up stairs and found some room one had Noah's name on it. They open it and smile, Sihan's heart warms as he sees a neatly kept room for Noah with what would interest Noah.

Sihan didn't need to see his room, Noah's was just enough to touch his heart Noah was extremely happy. He runs and jumps on his bed. It was extremely comfy, as it bounced he realised there was something under the pillow a jar of sweets which made Noah think it was typical of Amani.