chapter 49

Amani looks at Sihan who was painting on the rooftop, he seems distant minded for a moment. He soon notices Amani and smiles.

“Amani,”

“Deep in thought?” Amani inquires.

“Well of course, he was this close to Noah. It felt as though he was this close to snatching my baby away from me.” Sihan sighs.

“He won't,”

“How do you know that?” Sihan asks with a frustrating and agitated sigh.

“Because I know you, and you have me. Noah is my son too.” Amani said

Sihan smiles feeling better, “ha, maybe if I wasn't so stupid then…”

“You aren't stupid, you were just looking for the good and scared by the unknown.” Amani said as he hugs his knees and smiles at him.

“Have you ever been in a relationship like mine?” Sihan asks.

“No, I've never been in a “relationship” to begin with,” Amani emphasises.

Sihan's eyes widened, and Amani , who was beautiful, charming and had a kind personality, never been in a relationship?!

“Were you that busy with your studies,” Sihan asks.

“Not my studies necessarily… When I was 15 I was kicked out of my father's house so I moved in with my mother who didn't have a healthy lifestyle and was prone to having children while getting in debt. So… I was always busy taking care of my siblings and had no time for typical teen stuff.” He said smiling.

“That must've been sad…” Sihan said.

“It was, but my resolution kept me going and before you knew it. I had plenty of subjects and degrees to be penniless.” He chuckles.

Amani's head raises up then looks at the sky as he leans back on the roof, Sihan puts his hand on the back of Amani's hand. Who turns to feel the warmth of the small hands, he intertwines them as the two slowly move closer.

“Sihan,”

“Yaakov,”

Before both knew it they're lips meet kissing each other.
______________________________________

Early next day Amani comes down from upstairs to Sihan, he looks at him with his usual smile then gives two separate lunch bags.

“So I pack extra snacks in case he is feeling like having a bit of a munchy time. There are 4 different juices, two lunchboxes and a small container of fruits. You know he is very picky when in the mood so give him the fruits, especially grapes.” Sihan instructed.

Amani listens intently as the mother gives his instructions on his son's details and behaviours.

“And here is for you, two lunches for lunch and dinner. Some juice and an apple to keep the doctor away.” Sihan said.

Amani nods, “thank you Bambi I appreciate your grand feast and I shall take care of our little Doe.” He smiles.

Sihan smiles, and soon Noah walks downstairs with his bag on his back. Sihan gives him his usual big hug and plenty of face kissing.

“take care Noah, I love you,”

“I love you mom,”

Entering the car Noah buckled himself up and waved at his mother, today he was spending the day with Amani, the mother protagonist felt it was best Noah spend the week at Amani’s work.

Entering work Amani registered then entered his office and placed the food in the fridge, “welcome to Dad’s office I hope you like it”. Amani smiles as he waits for his impression.