chapter 37

Noah is currently looking at the male in front of him, he gently places his hand on his two cheeks.

“Noah, let's watch some videos together and each word you remember, you will copy from the video and spell it with the block okay?” Amani smiles.

Amani puts him between his thighs on the floor with blocks putting his tablet to stand, he ruffles Noah's hair smiling. “This was supposed to be your birthday present for February but I just couldn't wait, so there will be a new present in that time,” Amani confessed. “So this will be your early Christmas gift”.

Noah looks at the baby tablet, no wonder he was broke this Christmas. He soon presses the button and again Amani rubs his soft crown, “you impress me every time child, haha”.

Noah's heart flutters a bit pouting, he touches his crown then hair then looks at his palm. This baby's body is really affecting him huh? 

Noah has been doing some personal studying and realising though his memories remain intact there are some things in his mental stability that seems to regress, considering he was after all in a baby's body and having a baby's brain there is somethings that need to remain intact from not having seizures and mental illness with his intelligence. Biologically a lot of the time, people with high IQ and prodigy in some type of way often have a major drawback aka, disabilities, mental ones too, although it's not all the time still he doesn't want that, no one knows mind of intelligence and it can't be easy.

Luckily he is a fine child or at least for now, so it seems his mental intelligence has been knocked back a bit. Since most of everything he is feeling he can't explain, right now he wants to study everything as a natural instinct, his baby urges. 

“Noah,” a smooth voice called 

Noah snaps out of his deep thoughts looking up at the pretty male, indeed Amani was pretty, extremely light blond or should he saw platinum blonde which should be only acquired through dye but somehow he had to be a rare genetic have an all natural silver blond hair. Amani's eyes were absolutely gorgeous, dark deep and mysterious. It holds depth that no one knows, Noah doesn't know.

“What is your little baby mind trying to comprehend? You don't want to get a headache do you?” He teases.

Noah then thinks about the other night, what was that about? He doesn't know anything about Amani or the relationship with that man but he was assaulted by him and he doesn't like that. 

As if summoning the devil soon a voice walks in, “Yaakov I want to– oh you're with that child again.” 

“His name Noah, he is not a stranger to me,” Yaakov said, fixing the alphabetical blocks.

“Well even so… I was wondering if you'd like to hang out?” Florence asks with full enthusiasm in his voice.

“No, I'm babysitting. Bambi is baking me some personalised cake so I must be an obedient doctor and wait.” He said, looking at Noah.

Noah place his hand on Amani's leg as a support system to help him stand the look in the face of Florence with bitterness.

“Bu!” 

‘He is scum coded, asualter!!’ Noah frowns at his undeveloped vocabularies.

Amani smiles then picks him up in one arm, “what got you agitated was it because your playtime was disrupted?” 

Florence looks and Amani frustrated, “why are you doing this?” He asks.

“What?” 

“Well, babysitting.” 

“Because I want to,” Amani said smiling.

Florence did not look pleased, he looked at Noah who frowned at him, Noah didn't break eye contact which caught Amani's attention.

“Florence, why are you facing off with a baby?” Amani asks jokingly.

“it doesn't make sense,” Florence hissed.

“Hm?” 

“Be honest it's your kid right? Cause no way you'd be willing to put yourself through stress of taking care of some strange kid's kid!” He said.

“Why not though? Isn't Noah adorable!” 

“Yaakov, Take me seriously! It's like you're saying you want to walk back into the gigolo lifestyle!”  Florence yells.

There was a silence in the room for a while, Noah looked at Amani.

‘Gigolo?’ 

Florence froze realisation his statement them blushes in shame, “I-I'm so–” 

“Haha, at least I'd make good money if I did,” Amani laughs.

There wasn't a change or hint of discomfort on his face, Noah was curious. Florence seems awkward, “I think I'm gonna head out,” 

“Okay, while with my favourite judgemental cutie.” 

Noah put his thumb in his mouth looking at Amani. He guesses this is the arc of the story where he discovers the guardian's past, he wonders what dark backstory does Amani have? 

A/n
Curious about Amani's backstop?

Do you guys have any theories?

Young Yaakov Amani, how does he look?