3 Dream on

Prue POV

In the meantime, it had been a month since the last encounter between me and Priest. We kept our distance whenever possible. But that didn't stop him from glaring at me or snorting whenever he saw me.

I knew he was still mad as hell. But I didn't care. He deserved it. And I had to admit that it had done me good to take out some of my frustration on him.

Still, I knew that wasn't the end of it. He was probably just waiting for the perfect opportunity to take revenge on me. However he imagined it. But I knew that he would not let me get away with humiliating him not once but twice.

He had to learn that I was anything but a spoiled princess. He didn't know the half of it. And if it was up to me, he would never know.

I was just preparing for my next interview. In my head I went through all the questions again as I made my way to the place where we would film. I was smoothing out my cream colored dress when suddenly someone came around the corner. We crashed together and immediately hot black coffee poured over me. Shocked, I gasped before first looking down at myself and then lifting my gaze.

"What the hell did you do? Is this your way of getting back at me, you son of a bitch? Look at this! How am I supposed to do my job now?" I screeched beside myself when I saw who it was.

"I... it.... Why don't you watch where you're going next time? Not my fault if you can't pay attention." retorted Priest after a moment of hesitation.

"Asshole. Can't you just say you're sorry?" I hissed before walking over to the camera crew.

"Jamie, get Sarah for the interview. I just got sabotaged." I said to him, not having to explain why I was unable to do my job because of my appearance.

I felt Priest's eyes on me as I made my way to the restrooms. I would have loved to slap him in the face. He deserved one just for the stupid smirk on his face.

With countless paper towels I tried to suck as much of the dark liquid out of my dress as possible. But of course it was no use. I groaned as the door opened.

"Hey... are you okay?" asked Rhea.

"Doesn't look like it, does it?" I sighed as I looked at her through the mirror.

I was about to burst into tears. My hand unconsciously went to the back of my neck as I began to rub it.

"You know he didn't do that on purpose," she replied.

"Do I? I think it's just fine on his part. After all, he promised to take revenge on me," I explained.

"And for what exactly?" wanted to know Rhea.

"You'll have to ask your buddy. And while you're at it you can ask him why he enjoys irritating me so much." I replied.

"You both aren't taking anything from each other." she muttered.

"Maybe, but he started it. I'm just reacting to his aggressive, condescending manner towards me. That's all. He's the one who hates me." then I said.

"I bet he hates that he wants you..." she snickered softly.

"What was that? That's so not what's going on here." I replied irritated.

"Sure it is. It's called sexual attraction and since you don't want to admit that to each other, you're at each other's throats instead of your clothes. You hate it just as much that you find him attractive. Not rocket science." she explained to me.

"Dream on, Rhea.... We're not teenagers anymore. So it doesn't make any sense. We just don't like each other. Period." I said as I continued to rub my aching neck.

"Is your neck okay? Are you in pain?" she then wanted to know when she noticed.

"Consistently when I'm tense or stressed. But it's a long story." I replied.

"Anyway... I should probably go to the hotel. I can't walk around here like this." I then quickly added before she could ask me any more questions.

*****

Damian POV

I waited more or less patiently for Rhea to reappear.

"Hey... Is she okay?" I asked when she finally came into view.

"Since when do you care?" she grumbled and just walked past me.

"Okay fine. Don't tell me. You're already starting to sound like her." I muttered.

"Just shut up. I could really kick you. I would have thought a man your age would be more mature." replied Rhea annoyed.

"What did I do to you?" I asked, having no idea where this was coming from all of a sudden.

"Something is going on between you and Prue. I have no idea what, but I know what this is motivated by. And if you don't sort it out somehow, you're going to end up killing each other." she grumbled.

"Oh not this again. I told you I'm not interested in her," I replied.

"Yeah right... Then why did you kiss her?" she then asked.

"That had... Reasons I won't go into," I replied.

"Oh my god! You really kissed her? I was just bluffing! Ha! I knew you were into her!" she said.

"Who's into who?" asked Dom suddenly as he joined us.

"Priest has a crush on Prue!" replied Rhea.

"And what else is new? Maybe you should finally get her laid. She needs it as stiff as she always is." he laughed.

"Stop it! I don't have a crush on her!" I hissed.

"Part of you does. I bet you like the cat and mouse game that goes on here." Rhea giggled.

*****

An hour later, I was now standing outside the door to a hotel room. I huffed before raising my hand and knocking.

It wasn't long before I heard movement. Prue opened the door and stared at me.

"What are you doing here, Priest?" she asked, surprisingly tired.

"I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry I ruined your dress," I said.

She opened the door more and I saw that she was wearing nothing but a white towel that barely covered her. I swallowed trying not to let my eyes travel.

"That's a new one. Well I guess... Apology accepted." she replied sounding surprised.

"Well um... If you had it cleaned, then give me the bill and I'll give you the money back," I then said.

"I can do that. Anything else?" asked Prue.

"Can we maybe talk?" I wanted to know.

For a moment she stared at me in silence. Then she stepped aside and let me enter. I didn't know why I had said that or what exactly I wanted to talk about. But something drew me to this.