33 Where's the fun in that...

Prue POV

I had no idea what time it was when I woke up again, but the position of the sun suggested that it was already late afternoon. Yawning, I stretched before getting up and reaching for my bathrobe. Damian was nowhere to be seen, but that wasn't surprising. Not everyone slept as much as I did at the moment.

To be honest I enjoyed it though. Because I was aware that this would soon come to an end. The little man would surely cost us one or the other night.

After I was in the bathroom I stepped out of the bedroom to see where D had gone. It wasn't long before I heard noises coming from the baby's room.

"Oh my god, D! You're almost done! Did you do all this while I was sleeping?" I asked when I saw he had almost finished painting our son's room.

A dream of blue and light gray. Exactly as we had imagined it. I could not believe it.

"Hey mi vida... Yes.. I thought this would be the perfect way to pass the time. I didn't wake you up, did I?" he replied and gave me a kiss on the nose.

I reached for a rag and wiped some of the paint off his face. He chuckled deeply.

"No, no... You did a fantastic job. The little man is going to be very impressed with his daddy." I then said.

"I hope so. It turned out really nicely. I'm impressed with myself. And I talked to Alex. We're going to pick up the furniture tomorrow and set it up. Are you meeting the girls for shopping tomorrow?" he asked as he gently hugged me.

"Yeah... I need some more clothes. The last ones are getting too small already. If he grows any more I'll have to throw a car tarp over me." I laughed, because it was true.

Although I still had a good 6 weeks until the due date almost nothing from my wardrobe fit me anymore. Even my socks felt tight. It was annoying, but I was happy to put up with it as long as I ended up holding a healthy little man in my arms.

"Oh I don't know... I like it when everything on you is so tight.... in the front and especially in the back." the father-to-be smirked as he let his hands wander over me.

"Well maybe you'll get lucky and some of those curves will stay," I replied, winking at him.

*****

After an exhausting afternoon I was now on my way home again. I could hardly wait to cuddle up with Damian on the couch and relax. But unfortunately, I was unlucky and ended up in rush hour traffic. So it took almost an hour longer to get home. It was already getting dark. I was really glad that I went to the restroom at the mall one more time.

I parked the car and carefully got out. Then I made my way inside to ask Damian to help me bring the stuff into the house.

But something was weird. It was dark, yet I could see the red rose petals on the floor. And then I heard it... the soft music that seemed to come from the backyard. Was that... were those violins I heard? 

Slowly I followed the trail of petals. My brain totally blank. The music became louder and it became brighter. It was the glow of dozens of candles that illuminated the otherwise dark backyard. Also here outside everything was covered with rose petals. In addition, vases with long-stemmed roses were everywhere. Now I knew where the music was coming from. There on the patio where normally a table and chairs stood was now a string quartet. If I was not mistaken, they were playing Pachelbel's Canon and Gigue.

And then I saw him. Damian in the middle of the yard in a suit and a big smile on his face. At that moment it hit me what was happening.

"Holy heavens. Damian... what did you do?" I asked breathlessly as I walked over to him almost automatically.

"Nothing yet mi vida.... Come to me!" he said, holding out his hand to me.

"You could have warned me.... Then I would have worn something other than sweatpants..." I whined, unable to fully process that this was really happening.

"Where's the fun in that..." he chuckled deeply.

"Mi vida... You are without a doubt the best thing that could have happened to me. You are beautiful... yes, even in sweatpants... and you're smart, eloquent, funny. And you are as you know the love I didn't see coming. The love of my life who will soon give me the greatest gift there is.

I love you, Prue. More and more every day. You and our son are everything I never knew I needed. We may not have had the easiest or most romantic start, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm exactly where I want to be.

That's why I asked you... Do you and Nolan want to make me even happier and marry me?" Damina said when he finally went down on one knee.

He opened a small box and showed me what was inside. And that alone almost sent me into labor. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I was overwhelmed with memories of my mother.

"Yes. I... We want to...marry you! I love you, mi roca!" I stammered, taking his face between my hands.

Damian stood up, a bright smile on his lips and gave me a long kiss. A kiss that was so full of love.

Then, all too quickly, he pulled away from me, but only to put the most perfect ring imaginable on my finger. To the place where it should now remain forever.