37 Cozy

Prue POV

Sighing, I took the baby out of his baby carrier and sat down on the couch with my little man. It had been a long, exhausting day. That's why I was glad to be back home. And I was even happier that Damian was already on his way home. I needed cuddles and I knew that Nolan could hardly wait to see his daddy.

My little Nolan. God he was so cute. With each passing day he looked more like Damian. Even though he didn't want to admit it and kept insisting how much our son looked like me. I didn't see that. To me he was D through and through.

Part of me still found it hard to believe that he was already 8 weeks old. I really tried to enjoy every moment, but it was hard. The pain in my neck was still not gone. And even though I knew it could take some time, I was worried.

At least the physical therapy helped. Probably it was also because I was totally overtired all the time. I mean, with a newborn, it was to be expected. My emotions and hormones were still pretty much all over the place, which didn't make everyday life any easier.

Today was the best example for that. After I went to physical therapy, Nolan and I were on our way to sign him up for baby swimming. Something I wanted to do with him as soon as he was old enough. On the way there, we passed a bridal store. 

I just wanted to have a look and get inspired. After all, we wanted to get married soon. That's why I should pick a dress soon, because that took probably up to 6 months until it arrived.

But we had hardly entered the store when I felt the eyes of the young saleswoman on me. Then I heard how she made fun of me with her colleague. When I finally asked for help she let me know straight out that there was nothing suitable for me here in this store, that they would not carry plus sizes. Then I just left. The last thing I wanted was to start crying in front of that bitch.

"What do you think about a nap, cookie crumb? Is that a good idea?" I asked as I leaned back into the pillows.

Nolan cooed softly as I stroked his back. His small hand clutched at my shirt. I carefully pulled a blanket over both of us and it didn't take long for him to fall asleep. Now tiredness overcame me as well. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

*****

Damian POV

Driving home, I couldn't wait to see my family. My family... It was still so surreal to me. Even though Mister Nolan was as real as any dirty diaper.

When I finally arrived and went inside, it was quiet. Not a sound could be heard. But there were my two. Prue and Nolan were curled up together on the couch. It looked totally cozy as the two cuddled with each other.

I went to them and pressed first Prue a kiss on the forehead and then Nolan. It looked like the little man was smiling. Then my eyes fell on Prue's face. Something was off... Had she been crying? If so, why?

"Hi baby girl..." I said softly as I saw her eyes open.

"Hi mi roca... How long have you been there?" she asked, giving me a smile.

Carefully she sat up. Nolan didn't even notice but just kept slumbering.

"A few minutes... What's wrong? Why were you crying?" I wanted to know, wiping a strand of hair from her face.

"That obvious, huh?" she replied.

"C'mon... tell me..." I said.

"Well... I wanted to look for wedding dresses today because I know it will take some time to be delivered. And since I have no idea what style is best for me I thought it was a good idea. However, I didn't expect the nasty, insulting comments from the saleswoman.

I realize that I don't have or have ever had the best figure, but.... I don't know... I didn't expect it. Especially because I had the baby with me. Somehow it made me emotional." she replied.

That really made my blood boil. How dare someone be so mean to another woman? And to a new mom no less... I know, I had learned that lesson the hard way myself. Literally.

"You're not serious, are you? What store did you go to?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"It doesn't matter," she avoided me.

"Why not? Just tell me," I said.

"Because you can't go there and yell at young girls for bodyshaming me. Although I appreciate it, and I love you very much for wanting to do this.... But what good would it do except get you in trouble?" replied Prue.

"I hate it when you're so reasonable..." I grumbled, because unfortunately I knew she was right.

I didn't like it, but I really couldn't go there and trash those bitches there for being cruel to my fiancée. Life really wasn't fair.

"I know!" laughed Prue, waking Nolan up.

"Oh I'm sorry, cookie crumb. But now you can cuddle with daddy." she said to him.

"Hi buddy. Did you miss me?" I asked as she put our son in my arms.

He gave me a toothless smile and cooed at me.

"What do you say you run yourself a nice hot bath? I'll take care of the baby and once he's asleep I'll take care of my steaming hot baby mama..." I then said to Prue, trying to sound more seductive.

"Oh Mister Priest, I think a whole lot about that." she replied before leaning in to give me a long kiss.

Well, long for the fact that Nolan was with us. Because normally he didn't like it.

"I have an idea... We'll be back in New York next week. What do you think about going there with the girls to look for a dress? I'll make an appointment at the store where they shoot that TV show. I'd love to go with you too, to get a glimpse of my beautiful bride. But I guess you all wouldn't allow that... especially Rhea." I said.

"I think you're too perfect for your own good. I like the idea." she replied, her eyes sparkling.

"I just want you to be happy.... well and maybe a little naked." I said with a wink and covered the baby's ears.

"You hear that, my cookie crumb? Your daddy is very naughty..." Prue laughed.

"Shh... He doesn't need to know that. You just earned yourself a... Punishment..." I smirked.