Chapter Nine

As Gunther approached the Reichenstein mansion, the butler stood by the door, head bowed in respect. "Good morning, sir," he greeted in a thick German accent. Gunther walked past him and into the grand foyer, his footsteps echoing on the marble floor.

"Good morning, Vater. Good morning, Mutter," Gunther greeted his parents, shaking his father's hand and kissing his mother's cheek. He stood tall and straight, his shoulders relaxed, as he greeted his parents with respect.

He sat in his designated seat, the left hand side of his father, who was seated at the head of the table, while his mother sat at the right hand of his father. His father peppered him with questions about the business, to which he responded with short, direct answers. Meanwhile, his mother regaled the table with tales of the lavish dinners and luxurious spas she had attended with other wealthy women of New York.

As the rest of the family chatted excitedly about the latest happenings in their lives, Gunther listened absentmindedly, his eyes cold and distant. Then, a lady entered the dining area, carrying a plate of Egg Benedicts. Her blonde hair was perfectly curled, bouncing as she walked with a sway in her hips and a smile on her face. She glided across the room with graceful purposeful steps, exuding an air of confidence and poise.

After the lady entered, servants followed, carrying a variety of breakfast dishes. The scent of freshly cooked food filled the room, causing the Reichenstein family's appetites to stir. The aroma of eggs, bacon and sausage filled the air, making the dining experience all the more enticing.

After placing the dishes on the table, the servants bowed and left the room with quiet efficiency. The female servants couldn't help but steal a glance at the Reichenstein son as they left the room. His beauty was ethereal, with the grey eyes that seemed to peer into their souls and a mane of curls thay begged to be touched. His long, elegant legs that carried him with a grace that was impossible to ignore, and his every movement seemed to exude a sense of royalty and refinement. The servants left the room in a daze, their hearts racing and their minds full of thoughts of the handsome young man.

Adrienne Calloway, a vision of blonde beauty, glided to the seat beside Gunther. Her smile was alluring, her every step exuding an air of Grace and sophistication. Her long legs moved with a fluidity that was at once mesmerizing and dangerous.

Gunther raised his head and slowly turned to face the woman about to sit beside him. His eyes narrowed into slits as he glared at her, his jaw clenching with his barely suppressed anger. His gaze swept over her with the intensity of a predator assessing its prey.

Adrienne's movement halted as she caught sight of the look in Gunther's eyes, freezing in place, halfway between sitting and standing. She was caught in an awkward pose, her body stiff and uncertain, her mind racing to understand the sudden change in his demeanor.

"Gunther, leave her be," his father said, a sly smile playing on his lips as he sipped his freshly squeezed orange juice. His eyes flicked from his son to Adrienne, and a glint of mischief and cruelty shone in their depths, barely visible but undeniably.

"I am not interfering," Gunther said, meeting his father's gaze with a steely resolve. His eyes were dark as thunderclouds, and a stormy intensity seemed to emanate from them. His father's grip on his glass of juice tightened, and his own gaze became just as stormy, meeting his son's with a challenge of wills. The tension in the room was palpable, as the two men stared each other down, neither willing to back down.

Just as Adrienne was about to settle into her seat, Gunther's thunderous gaze fell upon her once more, sending a jolt of fear through her. She let out a cough, choking on her own breath as her heart pounded in her chest.

Mrs. Reichenstein, whose given name was Giselle, called out to Adrienne with a syrupy sweetness, inviting her to sit beside her. She was clearly trying to break the tense atmosphere, her hazel eyes filled with discomfort and thinly veiled disdain.

The breakfast table was filled with a stifling silence, broken only by the occasional clink of silverware on porcelain. Gunther ate his meal slowly and methodically, his table manners impeccable from years if practice. His grey eyes never glanced at the others seated at the table, instead they were either fixed on his plate or looking into the distance.

"Son, it's high time you settled down," Friedrich said, his deep voice leaving no room for argument. He lifted his head to meet his son's eyes, his expression stern and unyielding.

"To whom?" Gunther asked, giving his father his full attention, his grey eyes glinting with a touch of amusement. His voice was filled with dry, sardonic wit, hinting at his own thoughts on the matter.

"Adrienne, of course," Mrs. Reichenstein chimed in, a smile of giddy excitement on her face. She set down her cutlery, folding her hands and placing them beneath her chin as she daydreamed about the lavish dresses and jewels she would acquire if the marriage took place.

Gunther's brow raised, his face impassive and cool as he reached for a napkin to clean his mouth. He moved with a casual, effortless grace, exuding a magnetic charm and charisma that was undeniable.

Welcome again!❤️
Greetings from Stepher💕
This is another chapter, I hoped you enjoyed reading it🙏
Pls we beseech you, vote and comment 🥺.
Thanks for your supports🥰
사랑왜요❤️😍