Chapter Twenty

Stephlon's steps were slow and deliberate as she made her way towards the building, breathing in the fresh morning air and doing her best to focus on the present moment. Her thoughts threatened to pull her under, a dizzying spiral of confusion and emotion, but she fought to keep herself afloat. As she entered the house, the silence was deafening, the stillness of the space adding to the sense of disconnection she felt. It was as if all the humanity had been drained from the room, leaving behind only a husk of emptiness.

She glanced around the room, but saw no sign of anyone else. Yet, she could hear voices coming from above, low murmurs and soft laughter that filled the otherwise empty space. A small smile tugged at her lips as she made her way up the stairs, the wood creaking softly beneath her feet. The house was brightly lit, and the white couches and cushions were neatly arranged in a perfect row.   Everything seemed perfectly in place, as if the whole world have been frozen in a moment of stillness.

She bounded up the stairs and hurried to Josh's room, knocking softly on the door. She heard Maltida's voice telling her to come in before pushing the door open with a smile on her face. In her hands, she clutched a gift box, a present for Josh. As she entered the room, she looked around at the people gathered there, her haze falling on each person in turn.

The smile on Stephlon's face vanished as she took in the scene before her. She clenched the gift box in her hands, her gaze hardening with anger and hurt. On the king-sized bed sat a woman with auburn hair, her eyes stared down at Stephlon's, her glare full of arrogance and superiority. Josh stood beside the bed, his arms crossed over his chest, his sweatpants ruffled and sitting lowly on his waist. The woman stood up slowly and placed her hand on Josh's arm, her eye never leaving Stephlon's.

Stephlon shifted her gaze from the couple and scanned the room for Maltida. She spotted her friend's head peeking out from the closet door, her smile still plastered on her face, but the sadness in her eyes was evident. Maltida motioned with her eyes for Stephlon to join her in the closet, no words exchanged between then but a mutual understanding. Meanwhile, the couple sat on the couch, watching the girls without saying a word. Their nonchalant demeanor only annoyed Stephlon further.

Without a word, Stephlon and Maltida packed up her belongings in the closet, working in sync despite the silence between them. Stephlon couldn't help but worry about her friend, who seemed lost in her own thoughts. Finally, the last item was packed, and as Stephlon turned to leave, Malitda caught her arm. Her friend paused, waiting for Malitda to regain her composure while held on to the counter her knuckles turning white because of how hard she held on to it.

After a moment of silent preparation, Maltida straightened her shoulders, her posture exuding defiance and strength. With a nod to Stephlon, they turned to walk out of the closet, only to find the auburn-haired woman standing by the door, hee arms crossed over her chest. Josh's shirt on her body was huge, still revealing the length of her long legs. The two friends walked past her without a word, their minds racing with questions and emotions.

"How long has this been going on?" Maltida asked, her hands free of the things she had been carrying, now on the floor. Josh sat on the couch, his gaze almost unreadable, but Stephlon saw the arrogance and pride in his eyes. The woman with auburn hair sat next to him, hr expression unreadable. Stephlon remained silent,  watching the couple's every move, trying to understand their emotions and figure out what to do next. The tension in the room was palpable, thick enough to cut with a knife.

"Two years," Josh replied, his tone bored and dismissive, as if this were nothing more than a minor annoyance. He was tired of the drama, and just wanted them to leave him alone. Her knew that if he blew up at them, it would be a waste of energy. Better to save his strength for when they finally left and he could return to his peaceful, quiet life.

"Two years" Stephlon said, her tone dripping with bitterness. It had been three years since she bad Josh had started dating, and to think that be had been seeing someone else behind her back the whole time. She turned her gaze to the woman sitting next to him, her long legs crossed at the knee, manicured nails sparkling in the light. It was then that she noticed the ring on the woman's finger. The exact same ring she found in the closet.

The ring was clearly not meant for her, and she saw no need to ask any questions. She already knew the truth. It was clear that the scum bag and no love for her and was only playing her. She was done playing.

Stephlon remained silent, picking up her things and following Malitda out the door, a small supportive smile on her lips. She wanted nothing more than to tear into Josh and the other woman, but she knew that would only make things worse for Maltida. So she kept her cool, offering silent support to her friend as they walked to leave the room.

"Josh, I'm pregnant," Maltida said, turning to face him. He rose from the couch, his face completely devoid of emotion. It was as if her were a robot, a machine without any true feelings or acre. She waited for him to respond, her heat pounding in her chest.

"Are you going to be a part of the baby's life?" She asked, her voice shaking. The silence that followed her question was deafening, and she held her breath, waiting for his answer.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please if you have anything to say, please comment and don't forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️