Chapter Twenty-one

Stephlon's eyes went wide with shock at Maltida's words. It took a moment for her to process what she had just heard, and she struggled to keep her expression neutral, not wanting to give away her thoughts. But inside, her mind was racing, trying to make sense of the situation.

Maltida stood motionless, her heart pounding in her chest. The silence was deafening, and she found herself holding her breath, desperate for an answer. She could feel her hands tightening into fists, clutching the box she held as if it were a lifeline. Her mouth was dry, her plans were sweaty, and her heart was pounding so hard she thought it might burst. The fear and anxiety she felt was almost too much to bear, and she could feel herself starting to unravel.

"You'd better carried yourself and that bastard you are carrying out of my house" Josh walked to her, his feet pounding on the the floor as he walked his right hand point to her face while the other pointing towards the door. His eyes blazing with anger like he could kill the both of them now.

Josh's feet thundered across the floor as he stormed toeads Maltida, his eyes blazing with fury. "Take your belongings and leave alongside that bastard you are carrying" One hand pointing accusingly at her face, the other toward the door, he is eyes glancing to her belly while he glared at it, his hate already strong for the "bastard" living in her tummy. His voice was harsh and cold, and there was a dangerous edge to it that made her take a step back.

Maltida clutched the box to her stomach, as if trying to shield herself and her unborn child from the man's rage. Her eyes narrowed, and she fixed Josh with a look of pure hatred. She wanted nothing more than to hurt him the way he had hurt her, to strike back at him for his cruelty.

Stephlon stood beside Maltida, her thoughts consumed by revenge and confusion. How could the man who professed his undying love to Maltida have changed so drastically? Or the man who promised to be by her side as her elder brother suddenly turn his back against his sister. They had obviously never known him, he had become so unrecognizable. She felt a mix of anger, disappointment, and pain, as she struggled to come in terms that the man she always called brother was nothing but a monster. She felt so much pain for Maltida and wanted nothing else than they leave the house. They had either been blind to his true nature or he changed.

"Do you really want nothing to do with our child?" Maltida asked, her voice steady and strong. She was done with Josh and his disgusting ways. All she wanted was to leave this awful situation behind her and move on with her life. She was exhausted and hungry, but most of all, she just wanted to sleep and put this whole ordeal behind her.

"No, I won't have anything to do with that child," Josh snarled, his eyes hard and cold. "And for all I know, he's not even mine. Even if he was, I wouldn't want anything to do with him, if he's the son of a woman like you. Now, get out of my house." His words were full of venom, his laughter harsh and mocking, as if he were looking down on her from a position of superiority.

As they turned to leave, their thoughts and emotions were worlds apart, yet oddly similar. One felt a rage boiling up inside, wanting to explode and cause chaos. The other felt a sense of calm and satisfaction, almost eerie in its intensity. Despite their differing emotions, they both felt the same desire to move on from this mess, to leave it behind and never look back.

As they reached the door,  Josh shouted after them,  "Don't expect child support!" His word were like a knife in their backs, a betrayal of all they had done for him. The girls said nothing, their shoulders squared and their heads held high, refusing to give him the satisfaction of seeing them falter. Without another word, the left the room, determined to leave this man and his drama behind them for good.

"Finally they're gone," the auburn-haired woman sighed, rolling her eyes as she walked over to Josh. She rubbed his arm and smiled, clearly relieved his arm and smiled, clearly relieved that the two girls were out of their lives. Josh returned the smile and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist. The gesture was intimate and possessive, as if he wanted to merge their bodies into one.

The girls loaded the boxes into the trunk and backseat of their car, their movements efficient and hurried. As they were about to leave, they remembered the cake and wine they had brought for Josh. They both paused, looking at each other with uncertainty, unsure of what to do.

Without any more thoughts, Stephlon got out of the car and ran towards the house. Her mind was blank, and her eyes looked like ice. At this point, she was beginning to make peace with everything. Maltida needed her to be there, and she had a responsibility to her best friend now.

She dashed up the stairs, her eyes scanning every corner of the house, a familiar sanctuary where they had often sought solace. As she reached the room, a gasp escaped her lips, her eyes widening in disbelief. Her footsteps were bareky audible, unnoticed by the couple lost in their own world of romance.

Josh sat on the couch, the auburn-haired woman in his lap, her legs wrapped around his waist. His shirt rode up exposing her thighs as he held her close, his hands under her shirt. Their mouths were fused together, tongues twisting in a passionate kiss. She ran her fingers through his hair, pulling him closer. It was a moment of unbridled desire, as they gave themselves over to the passion of the moment.

Stephlon said nothing as she quickly gathered what she needed, careful not to make any noise. As she turned to leave, her elbow knocked over a glass, causing it to crash it the floor. Startled, she looked up to see the couple's eyes on her, their expression cold and accusing. She looked at them with a glare of her own and walked away leaving them to their mess, the gifts in her arms.

Hello sweetie 😘
How're you doing? 🤨
Love from Stephler ❤️
And welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again 🥰
We hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you have any questions or want to comment on something, please comment and don't forget to vote😁
Je vous aime❤️