Chapter Thirty-seven

Stephlon began to stir awake, her eyes still heavy with sleep slowly came to open, when she did her dazed eyes met the pristine view of the sky as she laid on her side facing the now opened window, the black curtains were now put apart. She jumped to a jolt when she realized that the sun was already setting yet she lay in bed sleeping away.

Stephlon gradually began to regain consciousness, feeling a gentle pull away from her deep slumber. As her eyes slowly fluttered open, she was momentarily greeted with a hazy view of her surroundings. Gradually, her dazed gaze focused on the breathtaking sight before her— the pristine expanse of the sky, adorned with hues of pink, orange, and gold.

Confusion washed over Stephlon as she tried to make sense of the mesmerizing scene. With a sense of urgency, she shifted her gaze towards the source of the captivating view— the bedroom window, now wide open, allowing the evening sunlight to stream into the room. The once-drawn black curtains stood apart, revealing the stunning panorama beyond.

In that moment, shock coursed through Stephlon's body, her heart quickening its pace. The realization hit her like a jolt of electricity— the sun was already setting, casting its warm glow upon the world, while she had been blissfully lost in slumber.

Driven by a sudden surge of energy, Stephlon sat up, her disheveled hair falling across her face. A newfound determination coursed through her veins, urging her to seize the remaining moments and find what still needed to be done. Vowing not to waste another precious minute, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and planted her feet firmly on the cold white tiled floor.

Slowly waking up, Stephlon felt a chill coursing through her body as her feet touched the cold wooden floor. Reacting instinctively, she quickly retreated, placing her feet back on the warmth of the cozy bed. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, she glanced around the unfamiliar surroundings, her eyes drawn to the meticulously designed room she found herself in.

The room seemed to possess an air of perfection, as if crafted by a meticulous artist with an exceptional eye for aesthetics. From the symmetry of the furniture placement to the flawless arrangement of decorative items, it was evident that every detail had been thoughtfully considered.

The play of light and shadow further added to the room's allure. Sunlight filtered through the now-opened window, casting gentle rays across the carefully chosen furnishings. The interplay of light lent the room a serene and tranquil ambience, proffering a sense of peace that washed over Stephlon.

Overwhelmed by the enchanting allure of the room, she shook her head vigorously, determined to regain her focus. The exact location of her current surroundings remained a mysterious enigma; all she desired was to diligently complete her tasks and ensure that the upcoming resort opening event would surpass all expectations. As she approached the door, ready to depart, it astonishingly swung open, revealing Gunther standing there. In one hand, he firmly gripped a colossal paper bag, its contents unknown. Meanwhile, his other hand clutched his phone, absorbed in a weighty conversation, his once bright eyes now bearing a somber and intense expression.

Stephlon's silence spoke volumes as her emotions roiled within her. The realization that she had been inside Gunther's room all this time ignited a surge of frustration and anger deep within her core. Her trembling hands curled into tight fists, her nails digging into her palms as she grappled with her own disappointment.

She cast a scathing glare at Gunther, her eyes boring into him with a mix of resentment and fury. In that moment, she wished she had the power to unleash her wrath upon him, to make him feel the searing pain that burned within her.

Determined to distance herself from him, Stephlon cautiously shifted to the side, intending to walk past Gunther and escape the suffocating atmosphere that seemed to imprison her. However, her path was abruptly blocked as Gunther swiftly moved, positioning himself firmly in her way.