Chapter Twenty-six

Gunther and Stephlon walked to the elevator, their footsteps echoing down the hallway. A housekeeper walked past them, her hands gripping the handle of her cleaning cart tightly. As she watched the two of them walk away, she was struck by how perfectly in sync they seemed, each step precise and confident. She wondered who the man beside the manager was, her curiosity piqued by their silent companionship.

Gunther pressed the button for the elevator, and when it arrived, he stepped aside to let Stephlon walk in first. He followed close behind, standing opposite her as the elevator doors closed. The space between them was wide, one at the other end of the elevator and the other in their own corner. For Stephlon, the sooner she could get out of the elevator, the better. But for Gunther, it was a welcome opportunity to spend some time alone with her. The silence in the elevator was almost palpable, the tension thick heavy.

To Gunther's anguish, the elevator ride came to an end, and they both walked out and met the curious eyes of employees that were awaiting the elevator. Stephlon could feel the eyes of the employees piercing her back, she felt uncomfortable and just wanted Gunther to have the door open but it seemed to take him forever.

As the elevator finally made its way to the top floor, Gunther's heart sank. The time alone with Stephlon had been too short, and now they were once  surrounded by the eyes people once again. He could feel the conspicuous stare of the curious employees, and he knew Stephlon must have felt it too.

As they both made their way to Gunther's office the employees eyes refused to get away from them, even after their elevator had come and gone. They all stood wondering and guessing who the beautiful man beside their manager was. At some few seconds after, the door opened with a click and Stephlon bolted her way inside just as if their eyes were making her bleed, Gunther walked behind her while he shook his head amused at her actions.

Stephlon could not get away from the elevator fast enough, feeling a sense of relief as she left behind the inquisitive stares of the staff. But then, she found herself in another awkward situation - the curious gazes of her colleagues as she made her way down the hall. She greeted them hurriedly, hoping to escape their attention, but it was to no avail. They seemed transfixed by the man who followed behind her, his gaze stern and unreadable. He seemed to radiate an air of cold indifference, making the staff feel as if they had somehow offended him.

After what seemed like an eternity, they reached the door of Gunther's office. He moved to the front, while Stephlon took a few steps back to give him space to open the door. As she waited, it felt like the door was taking forever to open. Gunther smiled mischievously as he fiddled with the keypad. Despite herself, unconsciously her gaze softened when she was saw him intensely trying to get the door open.

The door opened, and Gunther walked inside, holding it open for Stephlon. She hurried through the doorway, taking in the beautiful office. The wall of windows was bathed in morning sunlight, illuminating the room with a warm glow. The mahogany table and the brown swivel chair were stately and imposing, giving the room an air of power and authority. The air was crisp and cold, a reflection of the man who worked within it's walls.

Gunther walked across the room, his stride confident and determined. He pulled out the chair facing the desk and gestured for Stephlon to sit down. She stood frozen, her bouquet of flowers clutched tightly in her hands. Her eyes met his, and she felt surge of defiance rise within her. She didn't want to sit down, so she continued to stare at him, while he held to the chair. After a few deep breaths, she walked to the chair and sat down, back straight and shoulders squared. The bouquet rested on her lap.

Gunther walked over to his chair, a smile playing on his lips. He made no attempt to hide his delight, and as he sat down, he gazed at Stephlon boldly. His grey eyes scanned her face, studying every feature, as if he wanted to memorize every detail. He noticed the sun's rays reflecting in her brown eyes, tiny specks of gold sparkling like stars. For a moment, his heart fluttered, and he felt a strange sense of elation.

"Sir, why did you call me here?" Stephlon asked, unable to hide the irritation in her voice. She wanted nothing more than to get away from the man sitting across from her, his presence filling her with a rage she could barely contain. Her eyes flashed with a bitter anger, and she longed to reach across the table and bash his head against it. She forced herself to breathe, keeping her hands in her lap, clenching the bouquet tightly to keep the from shaking.

As Stephlon addressed him as "Sir," Gunther felt a dull ache in his chest. He had never felt such a strong sense of loss, and he had no idea what it meant. All he knew was that he didn't want to be separated from her, that he wanted to be closer than he'd ever been to anyone. It was a strange and unfamiliar feeling, and it left him feeling unsettled and confused.

"Please, call Gunther, Liebes" he said, his voice soft yet commanding, his eyes filled with gentleness and sweetness. His gaze was locked on hers, as if she were the only thing in the world that mattered. He spoke with such intimacy and affection.

"I hate you," She said, the words dripping with anger and pain. She stood up abruptly, her eyes red and brimming with tears of rage. She despised him for coming back into her life and turning everything upside down. He had shattered her peace and now she felt lost and alone. Her words were like daggers, and she hoped they would cut him as deeply as he had hurt her.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please if you have anything to say, please comment and don't forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️