Chapter Thirty-four

"What do you mean the necklace was under the bed?" Mrs. Smith exclaimed, her voice shaking with anxiety. Her eyes were wide with disbelief as she stepped away from the doorway and wiped the sweat from her brow.

"But how is that possible?" Mrs. Smith's voice was filled with frustration and confusion. She ran a hand through her hair, her eyes darting around the room, searching for an answer. "I had this whole room turned upside down looking for it."

Louisa's face was a mask of fury, her lips tight as she looked at h stunned crowd around them. Mrs. Smith was too shocked to speak, her eyes glued to the bed where the necklace was under hiding all this time. The others muttered amongst themselves, some looking at Mrs. Smith with suspicion, others with disbelief. The tension in the room was palpable, as everyone tried to make sense of what had just happened.

Louisa was fuming. The thought of one of her staff members being falsely accused made her blood boil. She knew that not everyone in her employ was trustworthy, but she was sure that the young girl who was accused wasn't a thief. She had seen the girl hyperventilating and trembling on the way to the locker room, so she had out the girl to sleep to calm her down before searching for the jewelry. She couldn't stand to see her staff treated so unfairly.

Delilah had sobbed and protested her innocence multiple times, claiming that she hadn't stole anything. Louisa trusted her wholeheartedly, and she knew she was innocent despite the accusations of others. She knew that Delilah was an honest girl, but protocol required them to search her locker.

Louisa stood there, her arms crossed as she looked at the woman who was staring at the jewelry with a mix of anxiety and regret. The woman was clearly shaken, and she hesitated to even touch the necklace. Guilt age away at her like a bug gnawing on decayed wood, her heart racing as her thoughts swirled in a maelstrom of confusion. She was desperate to find a way out of this mess, but she couldn't seem to find a solution.

"Where's the lady?" The woman asked Stephlon, her eyes brimming with tears. Stephlon motioned for Louisa to bring Delilah into the room while she told the others to leave, giving the woman some privacy. She sat on the couch, looking like a lost soul, afraid to even touch the jewelry that had caused her so much guilt.

Stephlon stood silently, watching the woman from a few feet away. The bright sun slipped through a s alit in the curtains, bathing the room in a warm light. Stephlon's mind was racing, but at the same time, it was blank. She couldn't seem to focus on any one thought or feeling. The woman's eyes were fixed on the floor, her body tense. Stephlon wondered what was going through her mind. What was she thinking? What was she feeling? The silence between them was deafening.

Louisa entered the room, her hand gently resting on Delilah's waist to guide her in. Delilah rubbed her eyes, still half-asleep and yawning as she stood beside Louisa. Her little face was flushed and her eyes were heavy with sleep. She looked around the room, her expression a mix of curiosity and drowsiness.

As Delilah's eyes cleared, she took in the faces of the people in the room. Stephlon was watching her intently, her expression unreadable. Louisa stood by her side, a sympathetic look on her face. But Delilah's attention was to the woman in front of her, the one who had accused her of stealing. Delilah felt a knot of fear forming in her stomach. What was going to happen to her? Was she about to be fired?

Delilah worked in the hospitality industry, and she knew that sometimes guest were treated like they were always right, even if they were actually at fault. This always led to unfair blame and punishment placed on hotel employees. Delilah never imagined that she would be caught up in this kind of situation. As she thought about what the future might hold, she felt her heart pounding in her chest.

Delilah knew that she was probably going to lose her job, but she kept trying to think of ways to at least leave with her severance pay. She loved her job and the people she worked with, and the thought of leaving was heartbreaking. She tried to imagine a future without this job, but it was difficult to see anything other than disappointment and sadness. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she thought about the possibility of being unemployed. Her whole life seemed to be centered around this job, and she didn't know what she would do without it.

Delilah's heart sank as she heard Stephlon call her name. She felt a rush of dread and anxiety as she approached the older woman, ding her best to keep her eyes downcast. As she stood in front of Stephlon, she felt small and insignificant, like a child being scolded.

Once Stephlon had wiped away Delilah's tears, she looked into her eyes with a reassuring smile. Then, she gently nodded towards Mrs. Smith, who had been watching the whole scene from the other side of the room. Delilah followed Stephlon's gaze and saw that Mrs. Smith was looking at her with a mixture of calmness and regret. The room was silent, and the tension hung in the air like a thick fog.

Delilah's confusion was obvious on her face. She was trying to figure out why she wasn't being fired, given the accusations against her. Her brow furrowed, hr nose scrunched, and her mouth formed a pout as she tried to make sense of the situation. She wanted to ask Stephlon what was going on, but she was afraid to break the silence. She stood there, frozen in place, waiting for an explanation.

While Delilah was lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice that Mrs. Smith had begun speaking. Mrs. Smith was apologizing for accusing her of stealing, explaining that she had acted out of haste and misunderstanding. Delilah was so caught up in her own head that she missed the fist part of the apology.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please remember to comment and forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️