Chapter Fourty-one

Stephlon sauntered over to the woman with a confident sway in her hips, exuding an air of casual elegance. She sipped on her coffee, her eyes holding a glint of amusement and a captivating hint of madness. Her flowy summer dress fluttered in the calm breeze, adding to her enigmatic presence.

Stephlon's only thought was what the woman was doing here?

"Adrienne, what a pleasant surprise," Stephlon greeted with a charming smile, taking another sip of her coffee as she locked eyes with the blonde woman. She seated herself opposite Adrienne, crossing her legs in a poised manner. There was an undeniable tension in the air as the two women sized each other up, each trying to discern the other's intentions.

"Stephlon it has being so long" Adrienne smiled looking at the woman who sat across her, she continued to hold her smile but she was in flame. The sight of the beautiful woman caught Adrienne off guard. Why did Stephlon feel and look so different, and why did she seem to exude such an intriguing aura?

"Stephlon, it's been so long," Adrienne smiled warmly at the woman seated across from her. Her expression belied the deeper turmoil she felt, subtly concealed beneath her friendly facade. The sight of the stunning Stephlon caught Adrienne off guard. Why did she seem so different, exuding an alluring and enigmatic aura that Adrienne couldn't quite place?

"Yes, it has," Stephlon replied, her gaze fixed on Adrienne, revealing an underlying tension between the two women. Adrienne was no friend; she was an enemy, and Stephlon knew her unexpected arrival could only spell trouble.

"Gunther and I are getting married," Adrienne whispered, leaning in towards Stephlon as if sharing a secret of immense importance. Her voice tinged with excitement, she subtly displayed her beautifully cut diamond engagement ring, as if relishing every moment of revealing her impending nuptials.

"That's impressive," Stephlon responded with a polite smile, masking any hint of emotion. Her small smile barely wavered as she calmly took a sip of lukewarm coffee, her expression neutral, betraying nothing of the conflict brewing beneath the surface.

"I'm thinking of booking a room here, do you think I should?" Adrienne said, her eyes sparkling with excitement as she surveyed the luxurious resort. She was so happy to make her friend aware about the good news in her life, but both of them knew all she wanted to do was spite Stephlon.

"No, you shouldn't," Gunther interjected, his long legs walking to were the both of the women sat, his voice commanding and assertive as he wrapped his arms around Stephlon. Adrienne felt a surge of frustration and confusion, wondering why he was always so quick to shoot down her ideas. She was about to argue, but his next words stopped her in her tracks.

"What do you mean Gunther? We are getting married for heaven's sake!" Adrienne exclaimed, hurt and anger in her eyes. She couldn't understand why he seemed to constantly doubt and dismiss her, even though they were engaged. Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled to make sense of his behavior.

"Liebe, go up to my office while I handle this," Gunther directed Stephlon, his tone firm and unwavering. As Stephlon obediently made her way to the office, Gunther couldn't help but feel a surge of pride. He knew he had to assert his dominance, especially in front of Adrienne, to show her who was in control.

"Adrienne, I have no idea what you're plotting in your mind, but I want to make it clear: I will never marry you. Stay away from Stephlon and me," Gunther spat out the words, his voice laced with anger. His hands remained firmly tucked in his pockets as he towered above her, and his once grey eyes now seemed darker with each passing second in her presence.

Adrienne glared up at him, her blonde hair practically bristling with fury. Her blue eyes shot daggers at anything and everything around her. Though she maintained a calm façade as she left the resort, inside, she was seething, ready to unleash her anger on anyone or anything that crossed her path.

Gunther stormed into his luxurious office, his eyes scanning the room in search of the woman who held his heart. With each passing moment, his racing heart began to settle as he spotted her seated on his plush couch, engrossed in a book from his very own shelf.

Without a moment's hesitation, Gunther rushed to her side, longing to feel the warmth of her presence. His body inched closer to hers, his long arms encircling her effortlessly as he took in the sweet scent emanating from her. Setting the book on her clothed thighs, Adrienne placed her hand atop his, leaning her body against his as they both basked in the comfort of their intimacy, sharing smiles and reveling in the warmth their bodies provided.

"Gunther," Stephlon whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of relief and apprehension. She turned to face the man she loved, her eyes filled with a mixture of fear and vulnerability. She tried to hide her emotions from the world, but she knew she couldn't hide them from him. Her heart ached at the thought of him leaving her again, and her eyes drooped with sadness as she contemplated the possibilities.

Sensing her inner turmoil, Gunther gently cupped her face in his hands, his touch tender and reassuring. He leaned in, his lips meeting hers in a soft, comforting kiss. In that moment, all her worries melted away as they wrapped themselves in each other's arms, seeking solace and security. Gunther's lips moved against hers, his gentle nibbling on her bottom lip a silent request for deeper connection, which she gladly granted. As they slowly parted, their foreheads pressed together, Gunther rested his head on hers, their noses rubbing against each other's in a loving gesture. It was his way of silently assuring her that he wasn't going anywhere, that he was here to stay and protect her.

Hello my lovelies ❤️
This is another chapter of my favorite people!
What are your thoughts and theories?
And remember.. vote and comment!
Loads of love, Stephler😘