Chapter Sixteen

Giselle placed the basket of fruit beside Adrienne, who was sobbing uncontrollably. Giselle went her to gently wrapped her arms around the shaking woman, trying to offer what comfort she could. Despite not knowing the cause of her distress, Giselle did her best to soothe her.

After minutes of comforting Adrienne, Giselle finally managed to ask her what was wrong. Adrienne was hesitant to talk about it, but eventually she opened up. It turned out that the doctor had told her that her injuries were serious and would take a long time to heal. Adrienne was understandably upset by this news, and it had taken a toll on her emotional well-being.

When Giselle heard what her son had done to Adrienne, she wasn't surprised. He had always been emotionally detached and difficult to get close to. However, that didn't make his behavior toward Adrienne any less reprehensible. She was supposed to be the person he would spend the rest of his life with, and he had treated her horribly. Giselle was deeply disappointed and angry at her son's action.

"Mom, I don't know what to do," Adrienne said, her voice cracking with desperation and sadness as she played the mom card on Giselle. She clasped Giselle's hands in her own, clinging to like a lifeline. Giselle felt a mixture of love and frustration towards Adrienne in that moment. On the one hand, she wanted to comfort her and make her feel better. On the other hand, she wanted to shake some sense into her and tell her to stand up for herself.

"Everything will be okay," Giselle said with a reassuring smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. As she tried to comfort Adrienne, the door to her room burst open and a woman rushed in. She threw her arms around Adrienne, and Giselle stepped back to give them some space.

"Why didn't you call me, my dear?" Mrs. Colette Calloway asked, tears in her amber eyes. She cupped Adrienne's face in her hands, taking in the fact that they shared the same striking eye color. While Adrienne's eyes held a hint of danger, Colette's were warm and inviting. They looked like two sides of the same coin, one light and one dark.

"I didn't want to worry you," Adrienne replied softly, taking her mother's hand from her face and clasping it in her own. She looked down at her mother's hands, admiring their beauty despite their age and frailty. Yet in that peaceful look on her face and eyes that held tenderness, are eyes were dark with madness that could not be hidden. It was as if a veil placed down hiding the true depth of her emotions.

"I was shocked to hear that you were hurt by the media's scrutiny" Colette sighed, a sadness in her eyes. She looked over at Giselle, whose shocked expression was clearly real, she hadn't known that the press knew about it, another question she had was how did they know?!. Her gaze kept flitting around the room, unable to settle on anything for more than a moment. "I'm sorry, I have to go." Giselle said quickly, making a hasty exit. She knew that she needed to deal with the situation before it spiraled out of control.

Just as Giselle was about to leave the room, a knock sounded at the door. Adrienne called out for the visitor to come in, and the doctor entered, carrying Adrienne's medical report. He informed the three women that Adrienne would not need surgery, but they would need to be mindful of the spine in the future. He also said that she could be discharged from the hospital the following day. The doctor's visit brought a sense of relief only to the mother and daughter, Giselle felt like she was being attacked since it was her son that had caused the girl's accident.

Once the doctor left, Giselle found an excuse to leave the room, claiming that she needed to make a phone call. This left Adrienne and her mother alone in the quiet room. The silence hung heavy in the air, broken only by the steady beeping of the heart monitor. Adrienne and her mother looked at each other, unsure of what to say. The departure of Giselle had created a vacuum in the room, a space that was filled with tension and unspoken emotions.

Colette had the appearance of a calm and kind woman, but beneath the surface lay a sharp intellect and calculating mind. This was a trait that Adrienne had inherited from her mother, along with her striking looks and business acumen. In fact, Colette had been the driving force behind the Calloway empire, long before Adrienne's father hd taken the reins. Adrienne had always known her mother was a formidable woman, but seeing her in this new light made her realize just how powerful and influential she truly was.

"Adrienne, what happened to you?" Colette's tone was direct and demanding, yet her eyes were soft with worry. She fixed Adrienne with a piercing gaze, her voice strong and confident despite the concern in her heart. It was clear that she wanted the truth, and would not settle for anything less.

"Mom I don't want to talk about it" Adrienne sighed pitifully playing with her mother's hands as she looked at her mother with the corner of her eyes to see her reaction. She knew her mother would demand an answer an that was exactly what she wanted. And just at that moment, Giselle walked in.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please if you have anything to say, please comment and don't forget to vote!
Loads of love, Stephler❤️