Chapter Twenty-five

As the Gunther approached, Stephlon took a few steps back, her eyes wide with surprise. She gripped the bouquet tightly in her hand, feeling a sense of trepidation. The man moved quickly, his steps sure and confident, his eyes fixed on Stephlon. Though his gaze was sharp and intense, there was something about it that seemed almost gentle.

The man stopped in front of Stephlon close enough for her to feel the heat radiating from his body. His gaze was like a laser, scouring every inch of her face, taking in every detail. He lingered on her eyes, as if he was trying to read her very soul. The intensity of his gaze made Stephlon blush, her cheeks flushing red as he held her gaze. She felt vulnerable, yey there was a feeling of comfort budding again.

Just as Stephlon felt herself succumbing to the man's intense gaze, a memory flashed through her mind - a memory of why she hated his guts. Her eyes hardened, their warmth turning into a cold blank stare. She stood tall, facing him directly and evenly, as if daring him to continue his scrutiny. With a brief, formal greeting, she waited for his reply, but he simply continued to stare at her, his eyes devouring every detail of her face. It was as if he had all the time in the world, and he was determined to use it all.

Slowly replied her greeting, a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, when he noticed the attitude she was giving him, of course he knew, be wasn't blind, her actions just made him more drawn to her. He glanced at the bouquet of flowers in her hands and looked back to her face, to find her frowning, and a cute scowl on her face. Although his face had become neutral, there were flickers of joy and hope in his eyes.

"Good morning," he finally replied, a faint smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. He noticed her attitude, and it only made him more intrigued by her. His gaze drifted to the flowers she held in her hands, then back to her face, where he found her scowling. Despite her stony demeanor, there was a small glimmer of joy shone in her eyes, like a child holding a new toy - something that couldn't be fully hidden, no matter how hard she tried. It was a look that was almost too subtle to notice, but he saw it all the same. His own face was inscrutable, but his eyes betrayed a hint of satisfaction at having caught her attention.

"Please, follow me," he said, his voice steady and confident. Without waiting for a response, he turned and began to walk, his back straight and his shoulders squared. But as he turned, a wide smile broke out across his face, quickly hidden as he turned back around. He looked forward once more, a fierce and his determined expression set upon his face. He tilted his head slightly, listening for the sound of footsteps behind him, and was rewarded with the sound of footsteps behind him, and was rewarded with the second of her feet following close behind.

Gunther slowed his steps, walking in shorter strides to match Stephlon's pace. They walked in silence, and though he said nothing, his gaze never left her face. His eyes flitted from her eyes to her lips, then back again, each glance like a feather-light touch. Stephlon felt an overwhelming desire to slap him, to wipe that smug look from his face and teach him lesson. But she held herself back, her temper barely contained as they continued to walk.

As they walked, Stephlon was overly aware of his eyes fixed on her face. She looked up at him, her eyes demanding an explanation, but his eyes remained focused on her, oblivious to the world around them. She wondered how he managed to walk without colliding with people or objects, but before she could give it much thought, he pulled her close, so close hag she could feel his heart beating through his chest. The flowers in her hand were crushed between them, but she barely noticed.

Stephlon's confusion was mirrored on her face, but Gunther's eyes were fixed on something behind her. Turning, she saw a group of children standing frozen in place, their eyes wide with fear as they stared at the man holding her close, his hand gripping her waist firmly. The silence was broken only by the sound of their own breaths, her lungs expanding and contracting rapidly, his breathing slow and even. The moment stretched on, as if time had stopped altogether.

She turned to face the children, quickly freeing herself from his grasp and holding to the bouquet of flowers tightly in her hands. She approached the group of kids, getting down on her knees so that she was at their eye level. Her smile was warm and genuine, and it seemed to out the children at ease. They looked at her with curiosity, there fear gradually replaced with fascination.

"Hi there, little ones!" Stephlon said, ruffling the  hair of a blonde girl with the biggest, more adorable blue eyes. The other children gathered around her, their faces brightening at the sight of her smile. They gazed at her with looks of wonder and admiration, as if she was a superhero come to save the day. It was a feeling that she had never experienced before, but it experienced before, but it warmed her heart and made her feel like she was doing something good in the world.

A brown-haired boy walked towards her, his blue eyes sparkling as he gazed up at her. "You are so beautiful," he said, his voice small but filled with admiration. "Can I be your boyfriend?" He blushed as he spoke, his cheeks turning pink, and he seemed to shrink in on himself, as if afraid that he had said something he couldn't have. But there was something about him that made Stephlon's heart melt, and she couldn't help but smile at his innocence.

Gunther's eyes narrowed as he heard the boys question, his lips pursing in a tight line. He crossed his arms over his chest, his posture stiff and tense, as if ready to pounce at any moment. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, standing behind Stephlon, his gaze fixed on the big like a predator stalking its prey.

Stephlon laughed, a warm and genuine sound that made the boy smile, despite Gunther's icy stare. She ruffled the boy's hair and took the had of the blonde girl, who looked up at her with big, hopeful eyes. As she looked around at the other children, she noticed that they were all watching her, their gazes full of longing. They seemed to want to be close to her, to feel her touch, but they were too shy to ask. 

Stephlon kept her hands on their children's heads, ruffling their har playfully. The sound of their laughter filled the air, a soft and joyful melody that brought a smile to her face. The children's smiles were like a ray of sunshine, their eyes bright with happiness, and she felt as if she had made a small difference in their lives just by living them a little bit of attention. It was a simple gesture, but one that made her heart swell with joy.

"Remember, no running in the hallway," Stephlon said, her tone firm but still friendly. She looked at each child, waiting for their confirmation that the understood. They all nodded, their eyes wide and attentive, eager to please. "And if you do run, you could get hurt, or someone else could get hurt, or someone else could get hurt. I don't want that to happen, okay?" She continued, her expression softening. One by one, they promise to be careful and not to run in the hallway.

"He's scary," the blonde girl whispered, pointing at Gunther, who still stood behind Stephlon, his gaze fixed on the boy who had asked to be her boyfriend. There was something cold and calculating about his stare, something that sent a shiver Dow the little girl's spine. She looked back at Stephlon, seeking reassurance and safety.

"No, he's not scary," Stephlon said, a reassuring smile on her face. She lightly tugged on Gunther's pants, encouraging him to join the conversation. He turned to look at her, his stony expression softening as he met her gaze. He mumbled a quiet "hello" to the children, his eyes never leaving Stephlon's. The children's faces relaxed, and they began to greet him in return, their apprehension replaced by curiosity.

Stephlon gave each child a lily and a heliotrope, watching with a smile as they walked away, their little feet making small cute noise as they faded away. Her boyfriend, who was walking away with his friends turned to blow her a kiss. Gunther was still standing behind her, a scowl on his face as he watched the boy leave. His eyes were filled with icy disapproval.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please if you have anything to say, please comment and don't forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️