Chapter Thirty-one

He approached her with a lightness in his step, careful not to make a sound thag would wake her. He observed her peaceful face, the strands of hair that had fallen across her features, highlighting their softness and youth. He noticed the tiny snores that emanated from her slightly parted lips, and he smiled at the way they reflected her innocence. He felt a tug at his heartstrings as he looked at her, so at peace in her slumber, unaware of the world around her.

He knelt down beside her,  careful not to make any sudden movements. His hands reached out and gently swept the hair away from her face, tucking it gently behind her ears. His eyes lingered on every detail of her features, the shape of her nose and lips. He felt an overwhelming tenderness as he gazed at her sleeping face, and without thinking, he reached out and cupped her cheek. She turned towards him, nuzzling into his palm, as if seeking his warmth and comfort.

The feeling of her nuzzling into his palm overwhelmed him, and tears welled up in his eyes. He couldn't explain the emotions that flooded through him, but he knew that he felt a deep connection to her, as if something within him was missing until he met her. It was as if she had filled a void he didn't know existed. His fingers continued to caress her face, his touch light and worshipful. He couldn't imagine not being near her, not being able to feel her presence. The thought was too painful to bear.

"Liebes, why do you hate me?' Gunther asked, his voice soft and full of emotion. He gazed at her with a mixture of confusion and sorrow, tears still streaming down his cheeks. His hand lingered on her face, desperate for any kind of connection with her. He couldn't bring himself to stand up, even though his knees were aching from kneeling on the hard floor. All he wanted was to be by her side, even if she would never want to see him again.

As Stephlon slowly woke from her sleep, her head rolled to the side, then back down to the table. Gunther caught it just in time, placing it gently on the table, only to have Stephlon clutch at his hand, holding it to her cheek as she drifted back to sleep. He tried to extricate his arm from beneath her, but she only held on tighter,  her breathing deepening as she sank into slumber once again. He sat there for a moment, torn between wanting to stay by her side and needing to remove his arm from its awkward position.

After several minutes of carefully and gently maneuvering his hand from beneath her, he finally managed to free himself. However, as soon as he did, Stephlon began to stir and whimper in her sleep. Her face contorted with discomfort and he was overcome with concern. He placed his other hand back on her cheek, and she immediately calmed, relaxing into peaceful slumber once again. He sat there, relieved that she was resting but wondering his long he could stay by her side without getting stuff and uncomfortable.

Stephlon's words were mumbled and slurred, but Gunther could make out every word. "Why did you leave me?" She asked, her face creased with pain and distress. Gunther's heart ached at the sound of her voice, but he couldn't understand what she was talking about. He was sure that they had never met before. Had he somehow hurt her without even knowing it? He couldn't bear the thought of causing her pain, even inadvertently.

Stephlon's voice was growing more desperate, her words tinged with pain and heartbreak. "You said you loved me yet you left, why?" She mumbled, Gunther's head started to pound, and his hand clenched into a fist. He wanted to understand what she was saying, but it made no sense. He was sure he had never met her before. The more he tried to figure it out, the more confused he became.

Stephlon's tears flowed freely, even as she slept, lost in the throes of her dream. Gunther watched helplessly as the tears streamed down her face, wishing he could make it better. He wiped them away with his thumb, whispering to her gently, hoping to soothe her and calm her down. Slowly, her breathing evened out, and the tears stopped falling. He held her face in his palm, filled with immense sense of love and concern. But beneath it all, he was consumed by her words. What did they mean? What had happened between them?

The minutes ticked by, and Gunther remained sitting by Stephlon's side. His mind was racing, trying to make sense kg what she had said, searching his memory for any hint of what she could possibly mean. But no matter how hard he thought, he couldn't recall anything. The pain in his head grew stronger, and he felt his eyes begin to droop. He stood up carefully, his knees aching, and moved slowly towards the door.

As Gunther reached the door, he stopped and looked back at Stephlon. Despite the mystery surrounding their connection, he knew one thing for certain: this woman had touched him deeply, in a way he couldn't explain. She had burrowed her way into his heart, and he was powerless to stop it. His heart ached at the thought of leaving her, even though he knew he needed to go.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please remember to comment and forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️