Chapter Thirty

Time seemed to drag on as the hours passed. Some people kept to themselves, avoiding the prying eyes of their co-workers.  Others busied themselves with idle gossip, whispering about who was going to get promoted or who the new boss might be.

In one wing of the resort, the renovations were complete, and the place gleamed with newness. In the other wing, construction crews were busy putting on the finishing touches making sure everything was perfect for the guests. Stephlon had been working tirelessly to ensure the resort was running smoothly and the guests were having a wonderful time. She took pride in her work, and it showed in the care she took in every detail.

After all the renovations and the hiring of the new staff, the resort was ready to go into the big market with a whole new name and profile. The big day was approaching, and it would be marked with a party to celebrate the hard work that had gone into getting a new name and Identity. The big event would also include the reveal of the resort's new owner - a secret that had been kept under wraps. For Stephlon, the prospect of the party was a source of both excitement and dread. While she was proud of the work she had done, she still dreaded having to face Gunther and work alongside him.

In the forest surrounding the resort, a special project was underway. A team of carpenters, landscapers, and artists we're working together to create a romantic and secluded area called "The Lover's Nest." It would be a place where couples could go to escape the hustle and bustle of the resort and enjoy some quiet of time together. The Lovers' Nest would be nestled in the forest, surrounded by the trees and flowers, ad would have a small gazebo where couples could sit and enjoy the view. It was a labor of love, and everyone involved was eager to see the project completed.

As the resort's opening date drew closer, Stephlon was busier than ever, making sure everything was going according to plan. Damino and Louisa; the resort chef and head of housekeeping department respectively, were making sure she had something to eat, knowing that she was too focused on her work to think about her own needs. The guests, meanwhile, were happily wandering around the resort, enjoying the various activities and amenities. The entire place was humming with activity, a testament to the hard work and dedication of everyone involved.

Stephlon's eyes drifted to the swivel chair that say in the corner of her office. It was tempting to just sit down and relax, but she knew she had to finish gathering her things to head home. She could feel the fatigue creeping into her bones, weighing her down like a heavy blanket. As she went on getting her stuffs ready, she couldn't hold herself anymore and she sat on the chair to rest for a couple of minutes.

As Stephlon's head hit the desk, a wave of exhaustion washed over her. All of a sudden, she was fast asleep. Her breathing slowed, and her body of relaxed into the deep slumber of someone who was utterly spent. In her sleep, her hair fell around her head like a halo of dark silk. With her eyes closed and her lips slightly parted, she looked serene and otherworldly. Despite the uncomfortable position, she slept on, oblivious to the world around her.

Outside Stephlon's office, Gunther walked past, on his way out of the resort for the night. The halls were still bustling with the activity of the night staff, attending to the needs of the guest who were still awake. But as the man passed Stephlon's office, he noticed that a light was still shining through the crack underneath the door. He paused, wondering if she was still working so late.

The man looked at his watch and saw that it was late, well past normal working hours. The office was supposed to be empty, but Stephlon's light was still shining under the door. He was curious and concerned, do he decided to knock on the door. "Hello?" He said, his voice gentle but firm. There was no response, so he knocked again, this time a little louder. Still no answer. He began to worry that something might be wrong.

With a graceful, confident strides, the man approached the door to Stephlon's office. He was tall and lean, his dark hair swept back from his face, and his features were striking. As he opened the door, his eyes fell upon Stephlon, who was fast asleep at her desk. The sight of her brought a small smile to his lips, but it was tinged with concern. His heart fluttered as she took in her delicate features, and he was filled with a sense of protectiveness and tenderness.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please remember to comment and forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️