Chapter Seventeen

"What's going on here?" Giselle's smile was nervous and forced, her eyes darting between the two Calloway women who were staring at her in confusion. Adrienne knew exactly what was making her so fidgety and anxious, but her mother remained oblivious to the real reason for her nervousness.

"Now, Adrienne," Colette said, her tone firm and unyielding. "Tell me how you got into this accident." Adrienne glanced over at Giselle, her eyes void of  emotions yet there was an underlying madness and malice in them. Giselle was visibly nervous, wringing her hands and shifting from foot to foot.

Giselle stood by the couch, observing the tense exchange between Adrienne and Colette. Adrienne was trying to get her mother worried about how she got into the accident so as to get her mother's full support and more leverage on the Reichenstein family, while Colette was genuinely worried for her daughter. Giselle became strong - she had not caused the damage, and she would not let the Reichenstein family's image be tarnished. With her resolve strengthened, she prepared herself for whatever was to come.

Adrienne began to speak, her voice trembling as she recounted the events of the accident, tears streaming down her cheeks. She held tightly to her mother's hand, her eyes fixed intently on Colette's, as if willing her to believe every word. Meanwhile, Giselle sat on the couch, staring at her immaculately manicured nails. She made it a mental note to get her nails done, again.

As Colette listened to Adrienne's story, her blood boiled with rage. How could a man be so cruel to his fiancée, allowing her to get hurt simply because he was angry? She thought to herself, her heart breaking for her daughter. Colette couldn't believe that a man could be so unruly and thoughtless. He was certainly not worthy of Adrienne, Colette decided turning her gaze towards Giselle, the anger radiating from her eyes.

Just as Colette was about to address Giselle, there was a firm knock on the door, breaking the tense silence that had filled the room. The Calloway turned to stare at the door with steely glares, as if their very gazes could pierce through the wood. Giselle couldn't help but feel amused by their reactions, a smile playing on her lips.

Adrienne opened her mouth to speak but before she could get a word out, the door swung open. A tall, imposing figure dressed in an exquisite suit entered the room, causing all three women to stare at him in surprise. Colette's gaze flitted between Adrienne and Gunther who had just entered the room, her eyes silently questioning her daughter. Giselle was sprang to her feet and equally perplexed.

Gunther strode into the room, his hands tucked into the pockets of his impeccably tailored suit. The jacket was left open, the first three buttons of his pristine white dress shirt undone, revealing a hint of his muscular chest. His dark, wavy hair was parted in the middle, framing his strong features. His grey eyes surveyed the room with a blank expression, betraying no emotion.

"What did the doctor say?" Gunther's deep voice rumbled through the room, startling Adrienne. His head tilted slightly, his eyes fixed on Adrienne's red face. Her reaction t his presence did not escape his notice, and he raised an eyebrow. Turning to look at Colette, he waited for her response.

The mere sight of Gunther made Colette's blood boil, her eyes filled with hatred and fury. His nonchalant demeanor towards Adrienne only made matters worse, and she could feel anger rising. Giselle, sensing the tension in the room, quickly approached the pair, hoping to difuse the situation. But her presence was not enough to break the tension. The sir wad thick with animosity, the atmosphere heavy and oppressive. A storm was brewing, and it was only a matter of time before it broke.

"How dare you show your face after putting my daughter in danger!" Colette exploded, shaking off Adrienne's had as she rose to her feet, her voice dripping with venom. She glared at Gunther, her words punctuated with rage. "You've got a lot of nerve,  acting like some kind of god when you're the one who caused all this!"

"Please keep your voice down, Mrs. Calloway," Gunther said, his voice stern as he narrowed his eyes at woman before him. Even in her heels, she was not quite as tall as him, and she had to stretch her neck to look him in the eye. His gaze was unwavering, and Colette felt as if he was staring straight into her soul. The air crackled with tension, the silence broken only by the sound of the heart monitor, its steady beeping a stark contrast to the emotions swirling in the room.

"What is wrong with your son, Giselle?" Colette's question was laced with bewilderment and disappointment, her eyes narrowing at the slightly younger woman. Meanwhile, Giselle approached her son, gently taking his arm in an attempt to calm him down and rein in his boldness. But Gunther pulled away, his gaze still fixed on Colette, filled with anger and defiance.

"Mom, please stop," Adrienne pleaded, her voice strained as she held on to her mother's arm, trying to rise from the bed. A pained expression crossed her face, and Colette rushed to her side, a look of concern replacing her previous anger. Gunther watched the scene unfold before him, his gaze still fixed in Colette, his expression unchanged. Adrienne smiled at Gunther, her eyes shining with relief that he had come to apologize.

"Mom please, he's here to apologize," Adrienne said, gently rubbing her mother's back. Once Colette had calmed down, Adrienne turned to Gunther with a hopeful expression. "Isn't that right? You're here to apologize?" She asked, her smile widening and her hazel eyes filled happiness and joy.

"What am I supposed to be apologizing for?" Gunther asked, a confused expression on his face. The three women gaped at him, shocked by his question. Adrienne's eyes widened, and she blinked rapidly, a single tears rolling down her cheek. The silence was deafening, the tension palpable.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please if you have anything to say, please comment and don't forget to vote!
Seni seviyorum, Stephler❤️