Chapter Ten

As Stephlon slept peacefully in her Scottsdale home, the soft moonlight streamed in through the opened balcony doors and the white daisy-printed curtains. The trees outside her window rustled gently in the night breeze, the sound soothing and comforting. Meanwhile, in New York, the morning sun was just beginning to rise, but in Scottsdale, it was still the middle of the night.

The night was silent, until suddenly a great horned owl let out a deep, raspy hoot. The sound filtered into Stephlon's dream, causing her heart to race and her brow to furrow. He slumber remained undisturbed, but the dreamscape she found herself in was filled with worry and unease.

As the owl's hoot echoed through her dreams, Stephlon began to stir. She mumbled incoherently, her whispers growing more frantic and desperate. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her face contorted in anguish. Her hair was a tangled mess, her hands clutching at her head as she begged and pleaded. Her body trembled, her mind confused by fear.

In her dream, Stephlon found herself walking through a dark, dense forest. The only light came from the full moon high above, casting deep shadows through the trees. As she stumbled over rocks and sharp branches tore at her skin, she felt as if the forest itself was trying to stop her. Her tears flowed freely, and the silence of the forest was deafening. Then, she heard the owl's hoot once more, this time louder and closer.

The owl's hoot was now directly above her head, so loud it was deafening. She screamed, her hands flying up to cover her ears. After a moment of silence, she slowly lowered her hands and looked up. No sound came from the trees above, and she allowed herself to relax, wrapping her arms around her trembling body.

As she continued through the forest, a figure came into view, bathed in the glow of the moon. Stephlon slowed her pace, her steps now hesitant as she stared at the figure. It stood still, its features shrouded in shadow, and she found herself rooted to the spot, unable to move any closer. Her heart was pounding so hard she thought it might burst from her chest. A voice from within told her to run, but she stood frozen in place, unable to act on her instincts.

The figure stood motionless, until it called her name. Its voice was familiar, and she felt and undeniable urge to run toward it. As she ran, the moon's light faded, leaving her in darkness. She reached out her arms, eager for the embrace, only to find herself falling into a bottomless void. She screamed as she fell, not knowing where she was going or when she would land. The darkness was all-encompassing, and she felt completely alone.

Stephlon woke with a start, her scream echoing through the empty room. Sweat and tears dampened her face, her hair a tangled mess. Her brown eyes were wide with fear, her body trembling as she struggled to catch her breath. She sat up in bed, the sheets twisted around her legs, and tried to calm herself. But the image of the figure in the forest lingered in her mind, and she couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had taken hold of her.

Few hours later into the future, Gunther sat at the table, his family gathered around him. They stared at him expectantly, their eyes filled with joy. But Gunther only smiled, a chilling smirk playing on his lips. He toyed with the rings on his fingers, his eyes dark and unreadable. His family waited for him to speak, but he remained silent, enjoying the discomfort had caused

"You want me to marry her?" Gunther asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he glanced from his father to his mother and then to Adrienne. His lips curved into a mocking smirk, his eyes glittering with mischief as he mocked their assumptions. Adrienne's smile widened with each passing second, her heart fluttering with anticipation. She felt sure that Gunther would tell her that they would getting married the next day.

"I have no idea where you all got that idea, but it's not happening," Gunther said, his voice cold and serious, yet his lips still curled in a mocking smile. He leaned back in his chair, his posture assertive and confident, his eyes never leaving Adrienne's face.

"Gunther... wait, what do you mean?" Adrienne stammered, the affectionate "babe" dying on her lips as their dark eyes met. Her voice was filled with confusion and panic, her eyes wide and dilated as she leaned forward in her chair, as if ready to spring up and beg him to reconsider.

"But you gave me a ring! We've been dating for four years," Adrienne choked out, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her words cut through the air like a knife, and Gunther's eyes narrowed into slits, his former warm and approachable look gone. His gaze pierced through Adrienne's heart, and she sobbed in anguish at the loss of the man she loved and the future she'd imagined with him.

"Throw that trash away" He stood up from his seat and threw a look to her, his eyes cold and nonchalant, he glanced at his Jaeger-LeCoultre watch, already inpatient, his grey eyes looked back at the family seated looking at him without saying any word.

"That ring is nothing but trash," he said, his voice cold and dismissive. He rose from his seat, his eyes fixed on Adrienne. He checked his Jaeger-LeCoultre watch ready to leave the mansion, as he talked, he talked his fingers restlessly on the table. The rest of the family sat in a tense silence, his father's gaze fixed on him like daggers.

"I will be taking my leave Vater, Mutter" his accent that was never there now over pronounced, his eyes blank and scary almost like a maniac.

"I'll be leaving now, Vater, Mutter," he said, his voice thick with a German accent that hadn't been there before. His eyes blank but cold, the words curling around his lips like a poisonous snake. He looked back and forth between his parents, a sour smile twisting his features. Without another word, he turned and left the room, his back confident and arrogant.

"Excuse me," Adrienne managed to choke out, her voice breaking as she fought back tears. She rose from her seat, her hand trembling as she covered her mouth. She hurried from the room, her shoulders shaking with sobs. With every step, her heart felt like it was being torn in two, leaving behind her destiny and the futures she had dreamed of.

As the heavy mahogany doors closed behind her, Adrienne straightened her shoulders and wiped the tears and snot from her face. The light of sorrow and despair in her eyes was replaced by something cold and dark, like a switch had been flipped in her soul.

Gunther strode out the mansion doors, his long legs carrying him swiftly to his car. He shrugged on his Ralph Lauren Double-breasted Trench coat, the woolen fabric soft against his skin. The coat hung in perfect lines, accentuating his broad shoulders and lean frame. His stride was confident and purposeful, the unbuttoned front of his coat billowing behind him as he went. The butler held the door of the car open for him and he slipped inside, ready to take on the world.

Just about that moment as Gunther walked away,. Adrienne stood frozen at the top of the grand staircase in the mansion,  looking down on him from the huge arched window. Her eyes cold, but behind them, a tempest of emotions raged. She felt like she was watching her life slip away, like a sandcastle washed away by the tide. Her blonde hair was now put in a ponytail.

Hello everyone 👋
Greetings from Stephler and welcome to Stephler's LoveBoat once again!💕
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter🥺🙏
Please if you have anything to say, please comment and don't forget to vote!
Loads of love, Stephler❤️