Chapter Fourteen

Stephlon smiled at the figures standing before her, then let her head fall back onto the table as she tried to catch a few more minutes of sleep. Before she could doze off, she felt a hand pulling her up from her comfortable position.

"It's time to eat," Louisa said, sitting beside Stephlon and helping her sit up. Walter stood nearby, smiling at Stephlon with a look of fondness in his eyes. He held a plate of food, ready to serve her.

"Noo please," Stephlon whined, her voice heavy with sleep. She felt so exhausted, like she hadn't slept in days. "I just want to sleep for a little longer," She pleaded, her eyelids growing heavier by the moment.

Stephlon looked up at Louisa and Walter with sleep-filled eyes, sighing and rubbing her eyes with her fists, as if she could scrub the sleep away. She yawned again, covering her mouth with one hand. Then, she stretched her arms over her head, her body protesting the sudden movement.

"There you go," Louisa said, giving Stephlon's head a gentle pat as she pushed the plate of Mac and cheese in front of her. She watched Stephlon take  a few sleepy bites, then push the plate away. She rested her head on the table, clearly determined to go back to sleep.

"You need to eat more," Walter began, walking over to Stephlon with the plate in his hand. He reached out to pat her awake, but Louisa grabbed his arm and shook her head, her eyes silently telling him not to disturb her.

They left the room, Louisa collected the plate of food from Walter, while he looked back at Stephlon longingly, unable to tear himself away from her. Louisa gave him a smile before walking away.

As soon as Stephlon's head hit the table, she drifted back to sleep, her soft snores filling the room. Her golden-brown hair flowed around her, adding to the serene image of her sleeping form. In her sleep, she mumbled incoherently, her voice blending into the silence of the room. Meanwhile, outside, the sky had darkened, and the rumbling of thunder could be heard in the distance.

Just as it began to rain, the guests who had been lounging on the beach scrambled to get inside. Some of the children refused to budge, wanting to splash around in the rain. The parents and child care attendants rushed to corral the children and bring them inside, all the while getting soaked in the process. It was a chaotic scene, with laughter and shrieks of delight filling the air.

Stephlon had been sleeping soundly, but was suddenly jolted awake by the sound of an alarm blaring in her ear. She groaned in pain, a headache forming as she attempted to sit up. Who on earth had set alarm? She wondered, rubbing her temples as she tried to clear her head.

Shaking off the sleepiness, Stephlon got up and walked to the door of the conference room. Soon she realized that she was the one who had set the alarm, to get her awake just in time. She called another employee to continue the screening process, despite the pounding in her head. She hid her exhaustion well, keeping a pleasant smile on her face as she asked her questions and listened to the responses. Despite her migraine, she carried on with the interview process, determined to get the job done.

In New York, two hours ahead of Stephlon's time zone, Gunther entered his office with a grim expression on his face. He didn't need to see the person's face to know who it was, the person's aura was a dead giveaway. He fixed his cold gaze on the figure, his eyes like ice as he waited for the person to speak.

"Call security," he said, standing just a few feet from the door, his suit jacket draped over the back of a nearby couch. He stood with his hands in his pants pocket, his lean figure accentuated by the black dress shirt he wore. His steely gaze was fixed on the figure in front of him, and his confident stance made him seem larger than life. He looked like a demon, dark and terrifying.

"They're on their way," Philip responded, a smirk playing on his lips. He stood behind Gunther, watching the woman in front of them. She had turned to look at Gunther, her eyes calculating and her grip on her teacup tightening. It was clear she was angry, but she was doing her best to maintain her composure.

"Sweetheart, why are you doing this?" Adrienne asked Gunther in a sickeningly sweet voice, placing her teacup on his desk as she walked toward him, swaying her hips as she went. She was about to reach out and lay a hand on his bulging biceps when she heard the sound of shattering glass. She turned abruptly, her legs colliding and causing her to fall backward toward Gunther.

Adrienne waved her arms around, as if trying to steady herself. Her eyes were wide with fear, and her face was pale. Gunther watched as she fell towards him, his eyes cold and his hands still in his pockets. He made no move to help her, and simply stepped out of her way as she landed on the floor with a thud. He raised an eyebrow, a look of disdain on his face, before turning and walking away.

"Get a cleaner," Gunther said into the intercom, his voice terse and commanding. Before he had even finished speaking, there was a knock on the door. Philip opened it to find the security team standing outside, ready to do his bidding. He directed then to deal with Adrienne, who was groaning softly on the floor.

In no time at all, the security team had escorted Adrienne out of the office. Gunther left as soon as she was gone, instructing the cleaners to restore the room to its former serenity. The woman had her bad energy distorting its peace and he wanted them to clean it immediately.

"Let go of me!" Adrienne struggled against the security team's grip, finally freeing herself from their grasp. She took a few steps, only to find herself sprawled on the floor again.

Hello babies, greetings from Stephler ❤️
How are y'all doing?
I hope you all loved this chapter just as I love it!
So don't forget to vote and comment 🙏
Pls it means a lot to us, sweeties 🥰
Te amo❤️