chapter-27

You looked at your reflection, silently sitting on the dressing table and staring back at your own eyes that looked lighter in color, almost amber as the sunlight from the curtains fell upon you.

As everyday, your skin looked paler, the little dark circles under your eyes now slightly visible. Lips slightly chapped while you can feel tiredness in your skin.

You then looked down at both your palms.

the ocean green and purple veins obviously visible on your skin, they looked visible as if your skin is slowly turning transparent.

Your slender fingers showing the thin veins, that slowly disappeared coming towards your palm.

You again fisted your hands after being done with staring blankly at your hands.

You slowly turned your face towards the door frame, only to find Taehyung standing there and looking at you from afar.

As he realized you are looking at him he flashed you a tired smile before slowly pacing towards you.

You looked at him as he leaned on the white table right beside you.

"You don't seem excited" He said, looking at you from the mirror with his hands folded over his chest.

You didn't replied and turned yourself to face him while looking up.

He looked at you from the mirror and after finding you turning towards him he looked down at you.

"Am I really needed to come along?" You asked.

he looked away with a sigh.

He already saw this coming from you.

"I don't know what to say on that" He replied and you knew he won't be listening you.

Stubborn.

"The car is waiting downstairs" He said before slowly pacing towards the door and then finally disappearing behind the door.

You sighed hearing the wooden sound of door being closed.

You really got no options.

You sat there for a while before standing up and picking up your bag that was resting on the table on which Taehyung was leaning earlier.

For the last time you looked at your reflection, putting on the side cross bag that completed your look.

'the white sneakers on your foot along with the blue full sleeved denim fabric dress that ended right above your knees and a black lower that covered your legs.'

doesn't sounds like the outfit that you usually adopt, but it did looked good on you.

Sometimes it nicer to try on something that you don't usually do, maybe it could help ti lighten you.

Well depends.

And with that you dragged yourself out of the room, though you still didn't felt like going anywhere.

You walked downstairs and finally stopped at the enterance, where you found Taehyung scrolling on his phone.

He lifted his head form his phone when he felt your presence in the room.

"Let's go" He said before starting to walk out while you followed him obediently.

Hopping inside the car you both drove towards the airport.

The drive was silent as usual, just the little sound from the air conditioner.

You gazed beside yourself to look at Taehyung and found him silently looking outside the car window.

Perhaps deep in thoughts?

You tried to read his expression but didn't got anything and looked outside the window from your side, giving up.

But soon you felt a warm hand resting above yours, and you didn't need to turn your head back to look who it was.

Taehyung kept his hand above yours before taking your hand fully on his hold.

He diverted his gaze from the window to look down at your hand.

He did observed the visible veins of your hand not before he could notice anything further you took your hand back to yourself.

He lifted up his eyes from your hand to look at you while you looked back at him before again focusing outside the window.

He opened his mouth to ask you about it but a call interrupted him, making you lowely sigh in relief.

On the other hand he looked at the caller ID before picking up the call.

but the thing you noticed,

he only hummed in agreement to the person he spoke throughout the call.

Kinda strange.

Is he doing this cause he don't want you to hear his phone conversation?

You shrugged thinking you are assuming 'not-so-needed' things alot nowadays.

The rest of the car ride went in silence with you both looking outside from your respective windows.

the car finally stopped.

Taehyung got out first before extending his hand for you to hold and come out.

he protectively kept his other hand above your head to prevent you from getting hurt while you stepped out.

The sunlight hitted your face soon after you kept your foot on the ground.

A typical morning.

You and Taehyung walked inside the airport with his men following behind.

The good thing.

After doing the formalities you both walked from the less crowded area, where you didn't got to face much of people's attention.

You looked around, little amazed looking at the interior from where you walked.

Taehyung held onto your hand.

making it easier for you to look around and walk towards the right direction.

On the other hand he walked with a straight face, not sharing the same amusement as you.

But he did found it cute, as you looked around.

And after some time of walking you both finally reached the runway.

You looked ahead and saw a neat plane standing just some distance away.

The wind was already playing with your hair as it was an open space.

Taehyung was still holding onto your hand.

you lifted your eyes to look at him and realized what a good work the sunlight was doing on making him appear heavenly than he usually do, the air wasn't helping either, his hair flipped with the contact of wind and for a moment you really forget what you share with him.

Isn't it weird how you find yourself lost just by staring at someone?