Chapter-42

(Taehyung)

You both sat beside eachother and it was the first time in these all months with him, that you felt you wanted his presence,

wanting won't be the right word,

you needed him around.

Like the sun's presence to a flower.

And it didn't felt wrong for the first time.

But yet, you didn't knew if it was a right sign.

The male looked complete tired, with the slightest of puffiness in his eyes along the dark circle. His hair looked messed up, but yet noticeable how he used his fingers to proper them, before coming to you and it somehow made clear that how long his hair had grown lately.

You continued looking down on your lap, with your hair left open.

You glanced at his hands, and that's when you noticed the bandaid around his knuckles.

You looked at his face before again looking down at his right hand, that looked injured.

"W-what happened? " You asked hesitant and his eyes followed your gaze that was on his hand.

"Nothing...It came between the door"

He replied.

lying.

You pulled your gaze away from his hand and then bought them back on your lap.

Taehyung gulped down the lump forming in his throat and blinked his exhausted eyes to suppress his tears before continuing.

"About yesterday-....I-...H-ow is h-he?"

He finally let out, trying hard not to sound cracking, and his hands shivered in coldness.

And you did noticed it through his stable voice.

"G-good..he's...g-great actually" you replied lowering your head as a tear slipped down.

He noticed you despite his own state and slowly brought his shaking hands on your shoulder before slowly pulling you closer.

His hands stayed around your shoulder and you noticed it was shaking.

And you never saw this in him.

Not when you dated him.

Nor when you lived with him under the same roof.

Neither in past months.

He always looked like the strongest and composed in those news on television, media interviews and newspapers.

The same goes with his voice in the radio records.

But today

You can see through him

All these years you believed he never cared, but when you look back at him now.

It's different.

He's different.

He pulled you closer with the hope of making you feel better while he felt the worst in himself.

"H-he-"

You attempted to speak but ended up with the cracking voice before covering your mouth to stop yourself from it.

Your hands were now shivering cold, by all the emotions you felt at once.

He leaned down swallowing the lump, before kissing on the top of your head and staying in the position before pulling away.

He rubbed your back in circles to help you calm down.