confessions

Takes place during DSaF 2

Published 8/27/23

Edited 10/26/23

CW // lack of eating, sleeping, and showering (average Dave behaviors), mentions of smoking

He/him for Jack, any for Dave

This is somewhat suggestive. There is no explicit content, but there are detailed descriptions of affection. (e.g, kisses and cuddling.)

///

"That's what she said." Jack quips.

Silence.

"Uh, Dave?"

No reply.

"Dave, you're staring." Jack says awkwardly.

"Oh- sorry, Old Sport. Haven't been sleepin' well. Who can sleep with such a great plan comin' along?" Dave chuckles, snapping back to reality.

Jack pauses.

"Dave, when was the last time you ate?" He asks softly, concern lacing his voice. "Eh, waste a' time. Too busy workin' on the fuckin' bots." Dave smiles. Jack searches his face for any hint of a joke.

There is none.

Jack clears his throat awkwardly. "Um," he glances away, then back at Dave. "Dave, let's just...hold off...on the, uh, on the bot plan. You need food or- or a shower. Or a nap." He sits up, since he had previously been somewhat laying down, looking at the oddly slim purple man. He stared at Dave with love and worry in his eyes, and it made Dave sick to his stomach.

It wasn't like Dave didn't like Jack. Of course he likes him. He loves him, even! It's just...the worry plastered on Jack's face.

Dave cant figure out what he's feeling right now.

But he knows he loves Jack. He's known since Jack got hired at Freddy Fazbenders, that stupid, STUPID, place. This was lame. He hates this. He hates Jack worrying over him. He hates Fazbenders. He hates Phoney. He hates...everything!

...Well, not everything...not (his) Old Sport...

"...okay, old sport. I guess I'll go, uh, take a shower. See you in a few minutes." Dave mumbles. "it's down the ha-" Jack starts. "Oh, don't worry, Old Sport, I know where your shower is!"

Jack stays in bed as the sound of loud running water starts up, drumming his fingers on his knees. A pit in his stomach. Maybe not a pit? Worry! Yeah, that's what it is. But why is he worrying about that criminally insane lean-hued monster? He didn't like him, did he..? No, definitely not. That's weird. Dave is weird. And gross. And crusty. And-

Actually, yeah. Yeah, he probably likes Dave, come to think of it.

"Hm." Jack hums softly, thinking about this revelation.

Around ten minutes later, the shower clicks off. A door opens. Jack glances over to see Dave clutching the towel, extra careful not to...give Jack a show, let's say. Jack lets out a chuckle. "Aubergine. You're holding onto that towel for dear life." Jack teases gently. Dave glances away, smiling a bit.

He comes back out with Jack's clothes. Loose gray sweatpants and a tee that reads-

"I ❤️ VEGAS"

Jack laughed when he saw the shirt. Dave snagged it from the gift shop for him.

Jack fell asleep on the job one day. Dave covered for him.

Jack needed a smoke break. Dave gave him a whole pack of cigs and even went outside to smoke with him.

Jack mumbles something. "What was that, sportsy? Didn't catch that." Dave replies, looking over. "Um...Dave, I- We- I don't really- I'm just-" Jack sputtered. "Hey, hey hey, calm down, old sport! You're speakin' at a hundred miles an hour!" Dave says, chuckling.

It took some more stuttering and heavy breaths, near hyperventilating, but Jack finally says it.

"Dave, I love you."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I'm sor-" Jacks apology was cut off by a kiss. Dave kissed him hungrily, one hand in Jacks hair, and his other on Jacks jaw/cheek. When they pulled away, Jack was stunned. "I should've asked, but...you were gonna apologize so I jus'...yeah..." Dave says softly, apologetically. Jack smiles and presses his forehead against Dave's.

"I love you too, sportsy." Dave whispers. Jack stumbles a little, slipping from the bed sheets under him. They both tumble, Dave on top of Jack, and both laughing. Dave kisses Jacks forehead.

And they just cuddle.

Until they have to go to work and try to destroy the franchise.

But-!

Tomorrow is another day.

///

If I missed a CW/TW, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP. It's not an issue and I would much rather "overtag" than accidentally trigger someone else. (Also, nothing's "stupid." If someone needs a tag, I'll add it.)

Word count - 694