Dave and Blackjack

Requested by - Fnafc3fanworks 

CW // none i think

[An idea where they're in the afterlife and just...chilling, honestly. The setting is some kinda big house where everyone 'lives' together. Like roommates. I wasn't entirely sure how to write out an afterlife.] Can you tell I'm atheist /hj

I kinda just wrote this out as Dave treating Blackjack like a regular dog, while Blackjack is, you know, a soul. In the form of a dog. But he owns dog toys and stuff, I dunno.

I USED https://cryptii.com/pipes/caesar-cipher  TO ENCODE BLACKJACKS DIALOGUE, SO YOU CAN YOU THAT IF YOU WISH TO FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAYS <3

Any for Dave, he/him for Blackjack (well, obviously, since yk, Jack's soul n' all)

///

Dave had noticed something.

Blackjack acted like Jack.

Sometimes.

"Psst. Blackjack. Hey. C'mere, boy." Dave beckoned to the photo-negative dog. Blackjack looked over, but didn't do anything. He mumbled some undeciphered language and stayed laying down in his dog bed. "Come on, I stopped calling you 'Old Sport' like you told me to!" Dave complained. He crouched down to see Blackjack. He reached to pet his fur, but the canine aimed to bite his hand. Dave yanked his hand away, frowning. "Little bitch. I'm just trying to be nice. Excuse me for being bored and missing my orange counterpart." Dave glared.

"Khcl, P buklyzahuk aoha P yltpuk fvb vm fvby adpur-pzo vyhunl svcly, iba P ht UVA aol Qhjr fvb ruld. P ht aol zvbs ol ohk ilmvyl FVB nva av opt."

"English, dumbass." Dave grunted, which earned a huff from the other.

"Dave, I understand that I remind you of Jack, but I am not the Jack you knew. I am the soul he had before YOU got to him."

"You mean the reality-me."

"Well, you split 'realities' in the 90's, so you had actually killed around 10-ish kids before you 'learned your lesson.' Like a toddler who doesn't know how to share." Blackjack growled.

Dave got up and walked away, maybe off to the kitchen for a snack, but mostly just away from the oddly-hued soul. He stopped as he saw the red collar that had been neatly placed on the counter. He hadn't gotten around to clipping it onto Blackjack yet. He didn't want to. The canine still seemed to hate him, or at least think he was immature. He didn't want to clip something that meant so much to him onto someone—something—that hated him. It was still bright red, contrasting Blackjacks fur. Every stitch was still organized, nothing out of the ordinary. It read out 'Blackjack' quite neatly.

Dave didn't want to try to clip it onto Blackjack if he wasn't 100 percent sure that the canine wouldn't thrash or bite him or the collar.

So Dave kept it on the kitchen counter. Maybe he'll get to it later. He'll be nice if that dumb dog is nice.

/// time jump ; 2 weeks in living time \\\

"P ullk zbzaluhujl. Mvvk. Mllk tl zvtlaopun, Kll. Uvd. Wslhzl." Blackjack barked out towards Dee. She gave him a strange look. "Uh, I still don't know what you're saying." She told the mutt, crouching down to pet him. Blackjack growled, but let her pet him. When she got back up, he made his way over to Peter.

"Wlaly, P't obunyf. P ullk rpiisl vy zvtlaopun. Dohalcly fvb ohcl pu olyl. P nla aoha P dvu'a kpl dpaovba mvvk, iba pa'z zapss mbu av lha." Blackjack whines. Peter just assumes he wants some kind of dog toy and hands him a rubber bone. Blackjack barks at him and walks away. "Zabwpk wovulf."

When the shadowy mutt finally makes his way to Dave, before he can even speak in his language, the aubergine cuts him off. "English, remember? So we can all understand you." He sneers. "Well, why don't you all try to understand me?" The doggo barks. "...Fair point. Still don't care. What do you want?" The eggplant-looking man asks. "Mvvk. Food. Now." Blackjack claws at Dave's clothes, to which Dave reprimands. "Fine. I'll find ya kibble or somethin'."

The two head into the kitchen, when Blackjack sees the collar.

"Is that...? The collar your little tangerine boyfriend gave you?" He half-teases, half-asks.

"Oh. Yeah." Dave's voice was significantly quieter now.

"Am I ever gonna wear it? Like, as a dog should?" The mutt asks.

"Maybe."

Theres a pause as Dave fills up a bowl with kibble and places it down. Blackjack begins eating.

At some point, Blackjack hears a click, and he pauses.

Dave ruffles his fur a little.

He is now wearing the collar.

///

Very rushed and kind of bad ending, BUT ITS WHAT I GOT OKAY🤠

If I missed a CW/TW, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP. It's not an issue and I would much rather "overwarn" than accidentally trigger someone else. (Also, nothing's "stupid." If someone needs a tag, I'll add it.)

Word count: 813