Sportsy, I-

CW // brief violence, blood, anxiety attack, very brief mention of abuse(?) (Henry Miller. ick)

Any for Dave (I just use he/him for Dave but readers can use whatever they want), he/him for Jack

///

To say that Dave was having a bad day would be quite an understatement.

He woke up all paranoid and had to count to, like, a million before he calmed down. That was weird for him. When got up from the dumpster in the alley, his back felt like hell. Then he saw a cop while he walked to Fazbender's, so he had to sprint to work. And worst of all, as soon as he walked into Freddy's, Sportsy told him his shirt was inside out and backwards!

Grumbling under his breath, he sauntered over to the bathroom and fixed his purple shirt. He re-adjusted the security badge on his chest. He glared at his reflection, noticing how his eye bags mimicked Henry's.

He walked out of the bathroom only to find his phone-faced boss tapping his foot and looking like he was going to lecture Dave.

"Can you maybe not be seen by our customers while you're out of costume, please? It would really help business, because the reasoning behind our last lawsuit was, and I quote, 'the purple alien looking man scared my son.' That isn't really good for sales. " The suited phone headed man asked. Dave had to resist the urge to scowl at Steven. "Yeah, yeah, whatever, Phoney." Dave grumbled.

He made his way over to the safe room. Jack was following him. This made Dave smile. He opened the safe room door. "After you, Sporticus." He said. Jack rolled his eyes light-heartedly and stepped into the dark safe room. The door made a rusty noise as if slowly closed. Dave picked up the Cool Cat head and tossed it to Jack, earning a small 'shit-!' from Jack as he just barely caught it. Jack cranked up the springlocks in the suit with a hand crank.

"Hey, sportsy could ya-" Dave abruptly fell silent. He stared at his hands. They didn't look like his. He seemed zoned out.

"Huh?" Jack looked over. Dave shook his head.

"Oh, my bad, Sportsy! I asked you to...to..." Dave trailed off. His eyes widened as he looked at the other.

He doesn't quite know why he suddenly feels anger—and maybe shame?—rise up in his throat.

He looks at his counterpart, and he sees himself.

And he lunges.

"GAH, FUCK!" He hears a shout. He looks down at his hand, now panicked, and almost sobs when he sees it looks pinker than usual. He looks over and sees his own face staring back at him, but only for a second, before seeing Jack, keeled over on the floor, clutching his bloody jaw. The distant memories of when Henry would yell and hit Dave suddenly flooded back into his mind. Jack had pinprick tears in his soulless eyes. He coughed into his hand, and when he lowered it, his two front teeth were missing. Repeat:

His two front teeth were missing.

Dave felt his lungs fill with ice. His eyes darted around. His throat went dry. "Dave, what the fuck was that for?!" Jack shouted. Dave simply couldn't reply. He stared at Jack. Said man finally got a clue of what was happening when he saw Dave's hands shaking. Jack got up, ever so gently placed his teeth down on the counted in the safe room, and walked up to Dave. "Hey. Dave. Look at me." He hated the metallic taste of blood when he spoke. Jack grabbed Dave by the shoulders, to which the aubergine nearly jumped out of his skin and started rambling at a rapid pace. Jack couldn't make out any words. Dave was slowly sinking down to the floor.

[Eh, fuck it. Go down with him.]

The Narrator told Jack, to which he quickly shook away the voice. Jack sat down with Dave, trying to silence Dave's rambling. "Hey, hey- Listen-" He stammered. "Sportsy, I-" Dave was hysterical. Hyperventilating, tugging at his (very gross and messy) hair, speaking rapidly. Jack, although he absolutely hated being intimate or even touching someone, forced himself to envelop the ourple guy into a hug, putting pressure onto him. Dave practically screeched, but let himself melt into the hug.

While Jack was silently pissed off at the other, he felt on some kind of level that Dave needed help. He was shaking like a leaf and near sobbing. Jack just kind of...sat there...in silence...and let the other cry out his anxieties, holding the man's hands down every time he reached to tug his own hair or scratch at his neck.

Sooner or later, their phone headed boss had stepped into the safe room to lecture them for being exactly one minute late to showtime when he saw the two sitting in the corner of the safe room. He yelled some static at them, but Jack just pointed to his bloody mouth and missing teeth. The phone guy recoiled in disgust, grumbled some static at them, and left.Dave sniffled. "Sorry for, uh, fuckin' up your face an' freakin' out about it." He told Jack. "Eh, 's fine, I guess." Jack said, while he absolutely did not mean it, but wasn't willing to show it. The two just sat there. Jack held Dave's hand when he noticed them still trembling ever so slightly. He pressed a tiny kiss onto Dave's hand, and they both giggled like little kids.

///

sobbing

sobbing.

Word count: 921