Ice Skating!!

CW // none, other than people falling on their ASSES because nobody knows how to skate correctly :3

Guys I just want them to be besties and do bestie things together they're so gjwdshbr

she/they for Dee, he/him for Peter andJack, he/any for Dave

///

"Why are we doing this again?" Peter asks as Jack drives—or, well, more like swerves—to an ice rink. "Bonding." He simply says. Peter's dial spins once as if to roll his 'eyes.' Jack continues driving in silence while the others chat. "Why's that guy flashing his headlights at me?" He asks Peter. "Do you have your headlights on?" Peter replies, looking over the hood. "Oh. ...Yeah, now I do." Jack went back to driving.

Jack parks the car haphazardly in the parking lot of an abandoned ice rink. There's a huge sign that reads "DOGGO'S ICE RINK" with a logo of a dog with winter clothes on. The sign's lights are off, and only one letter is flickering. "That's a weird-ass brand," Dave comments as he hurls himself out of the car while yanking Dee along with him. Dave waits for the others to leave the car, tapping his foot. "Come on, Sportsy, let's go!" He says impatiently. He pulls Jack's hand forward. "Okay, okay!" Jack yelps.

The group walks in after Dave kicked through the door, and Jack almost instantly recoils. "The air here is so...plastic." He scrunches up his (prosthetic) nose. "It'll be fine, Old Sport. Let's go put on the skates!" Dave practically drags his partner around white Dee and Peter have to find their way around.

"You think they're gonna last long? As...whatever relationship they have?" Dee asks as she tries to figure out her shoe size with those felty limbs. "...I don't know. They're too terrible for anyone else, so the best they can get is each other." Peter slips off his loafers and adjusts his red socks to fit right as he puts on the skates. He stands up and wobbles, quickly gripping the bleachers nearby. Dee laughs at him lightly, but then slip and fall down when they stand up. Peter laughs back teasingly and helps his sister up.

Meanwhile, the other two were struggling. Dave was constantly pulling on Jacks shirt collar or sweater to keep balance, and Jack kept toppling over and falling flat on his ass.

"This isn't going well, Dave-!" He stands up carefully and wobbles a little. "You'll be fine, Sportsy! Just copy me!" Dave says confidently. He mimics a figure skater, sliding on the ice a bit, and grins at Jack. "How am I going to copy that?" Jack chuckles, trying to go into the same pose, but he wobbles. Dave tugs on his arm to keep him steady. "Just move yer fuckin' feet. Standin' there isn't gonna do much," The aubergine intertwines their fingers together and leads Jack around.

"How are you so good at this, what the hell, man?" Jack laughs. "I dunno. Henry and I would rollerskate sometimes around Fredbears'. He was a bit too big to balance well, though. I figure rollerskating ice the same as ice skatin' ya know?" Dave stares off as he mentions Henry, and Jack falters a bit, but they don't mention it again. Jack notices Dee pointing at them. "What is it?" He calls out. There's an echo, and he smiles at the sound of it. "Get a room!" Dee calls back, their mask twisting into a smile. Dave gasps dramatically and skates forward, stepping in front of Jack. "This is our room, yer just standin' in it!" He exclaims. "Nuh uh!" Dee shouts back. "Yuh huh!" Dave counters, crossing his arms like an indignant child. "You two are being too...lovey-dovey! Cut it out!" Dee complains as she skates forward. "Nope, we will not!" Dave grins and pulls Jack closer. "Don't you dare! I'll tell Peter!" Dee gasps as she sees Dave holding Jack's face. Dave makes an obscene hand gesture at Dee and simply gives Jack a kiss.

"Stop it, that's icky! I'm telling Peter!" Dee skates off, and she wobbles the entire way. Peter shakes his head, and his shoulders bounce slightly as if he's laughing at the scene. Dave smiles at Jack. Then promptly loosens his grip, which causes the both of them to fall down.

///

^ word count: 734

sorry for the lack of updates as I've been in and out of the hospital for some health issues! Chapters will be posted when I have time!