affection

CW // I make Dave into this pathetic little guy who cries in front of Jack

Me when i find out about Jack's canonical intimacy aversion

///

Dave started carefully taking off the SpringBonnie suit as Jack sat on the counter in the safe room. On an average day, the roles would be reversed, and Dave would be idly sitting in the safe room while Jack did all of the heavy lifting, but his boss had told him to get to work 'or else'.

Dave frowned as he took off the suit, unsure why he was so upset. He sat down with Jack. "Hey, Sportsy." He murmured. Jack looked over and smiled. "Oh shit, whaddup, Davey!" He pulled Dave closer.

This was unusual, but Dave wasn't disagreeing with it!

He wrapped his arms around Jack and made a sort of squeaky toy noise as he nuzzled into the crook of Jacks neck. Jack peppered little kisses all over Dave's face, making little 'mwah' noises between kisses. Dave laughed a bit as Jack showered him with affection. Dave's hands curled into fists and lightly hit his knees happily. Dave grinned as Jack kissed his forehead. "Dave, I love y-"

The aubergine woke up to orange hands shaking him. "Dave, what are you doing in my bed?" Jack tone was not happy or soft. It was tired and annoyed. Dave frowned. "I was just watching out for any intruders in yer house, and you looked so sad, so I laid down with ya. I just happened to fall asleep." Dave half-lied and sat up. Jack turned over. "You're the only intruder in here, you know." He mumbled. Dave adjusted in his place and slowly rested his head down on Jack's arm as he lied there on his side.

///

"Hey Matt. Got a new hand crank in store? The other one you sold me broke." Jack slammed a couple of '100 TOKENS!!!' labeled plastic coins onto the prize counter. "Yes." Jack scowled at Matt before the creepy virgin moved aside to show Jack his cardboard box of equipment. "Thanks, Matthew." Jack kicked at Matt's ankles before heading off to the safe room to put on the SpringFreddy suit. He had to swat away kiddens grabbing and gnawing on his shirt sleeve as he walked to the dingy room.

He quickly closed the door to prevent any kids getting in and faced forward. Where he would usually see Dave grinning, a plan in mind and already looking mischievous, he looked zoned out. Jack raised an eyebrow, but let it go and picked up the suit off the ground with a grunt. He paused. He couldn't help but stare at his partner. "Dave, what's up with you today? You seem out of it." Jack sits next to the aubergine. "I'm alright, Sportsy! Just, uh, just a bit...tired." Dave starts off smiling, but his face falls a bit near the end of his sentence. "...Is there any way I can help? Or something?" Jack offers awkwardly.

"...Can I hold your hand?"Jack is taken aback by Dave's request. "Uh, sure, I guess," Jack reluctantly holds Dave hand in his own, although it gives him a kind of empty feeling in his stomach. "You don't usually ask...so why now?" He shifts in his seat a little. Dave stays silent for a moment.

"...Dave?"

Jack reaches to wipe away a stray tear from Dave's face. "You never cry, first of all, you're never quiet, second of all, and you never ask when you can touch me, third of all. What is going on." Jack asks sternly. Dave finally bursts into tears, blubbering into Jack's shirt. Jack almost pulls away. His eyes widen and he hesitantly pats Dave's back. "Um...what is this about? If you could tell me, that would really, really, help..." He says. His voice is slightly high-pitched in distress. "I just want ya to love me, Sportsy...you never act like ya do..." Dave sniffles pathetically. "...Well, I- I show it in other ways!" Jack tries to defend himself. "I, uh, I buy you sweaters and stuff. I leave you little notes by your usual favorite spots. Um, whenever you stay over, I always make you your favorite meal." He adds. "I know, I'm sorry, I just-" Dave hiccups. "I just want- y'know- I just want ya to show it, like, physically. Like hugs and stuff." The aubergine sounds guilty as he admits that. "Oh. Well, uh, do- well- I can- Um-" Jack stutters out, before giving up and pressing a kiss onto the top of Dave's head.

Dave falls silent.

He curls up in Jack's arms. "I can just stay here." He murmurs. "Sure...I guess..." Jack mutters. He slowly puts a hand on Dave's head and pats him gently. "Just stay there as long as you want. This is...mostly...fine with me."

///

word count: 804