Jacks rant

I know the lego batman movie was definitely NOT around in the 80's but i could not give less of a shit. I have selected lego batman to be his favorite movie. Very ooc for him but I literally don't care.

He/him for Jack, any for Dave

CW // yelling (one-sided arguing)

Dave. The annoying prick that Jack borderline hated, but also borderline loved. He didn't really know how to recognize his feeling, if he had any. He often thought of that one Lego Batman quote. "I don't talk about feelings, Alfred. I don't have any, I've never seen one. I'm a night-stalking, crime-fighting vigilante, and a heavy metal rapping machine. I don't feel anything emotionally, except for rage. 24/7, 365, at a million percent. And if you think that there's something behind that, then you're crazy."

He really liked the lego batman movie. It reminded him of Dave. Dave was the joker, always insisting there was something special between them, obsessing over the tangerine. Jack was batman, just trying to save the children, not trying to interact with Dave in any way.

Maybe he was just watching the movie too much. Trying to distract himself from everything going on at Fazbenders. Dave being a weirdo, being stuck in that suffocatingly horrible suit, this specific phone headed boss being strangely familiar in his behaviours, and always being paranoid about having to wind that stupid puppet so it wouldn't rip off his fucking testicles, which cost him MONEY, by the way. Bottom surgery is expensive as shit, and a sketchy ass doctor performed it too. Whatever. It hadn't killed him instantly, but it was DEFINITELY part of what would get him in the end.

He got up to crack open a beer can, but then he heard a loud crash in his room.

Dave.

"Fuck." He grunted, turning around completely and heading to his room. He sauntered over. He opened up the door to be met with the slim aubergine man on the floor, stumbling, trying to get up. "Why hello there, ol- shit- old sport." Dave said, trying to play it cool as he tripped over the curtains by the window. Jack only stood there with a blank expression. "Hi, Dave." He groaned, pinching the tip of his nose. "What do you want now?" He added, looking up at Dave in annoyance. "Jus' wanna hang out with ya', that's all." The purple weirdo smiled. His smile quickly faded, though, as he saw the exhaustion written on (his) the tangerine mans face. "Sportsy?" He mumbled, his volume significantly lower. "I...I don't have time to deal with you right now, Dave." Jack sighed. The aubergine man frowned. "Sport...come on...be nice to your atrocious aubergine." Dave whined. He walked over to the clementine man and clung to him. "Dave, if you're here to persuade me into killing kids, then get out. I'm not doing that." Jack said sharply. Dave stumbled a little. "Well, sportsy, I-"

"Actually? No, no, no, I don't want to hear it, Dave. I don't want to hear you to try to win me over by saying lovey dovey shit, I don't want to hear you threaten me, I don't want to to hear you whine and complain, I don't want to hear you make vaguely concerning jokes, and I don't want to see you in my room again." Jack snapped. Dave felt pretty hurt, but would never show it. "Sportsy, I-"

"Dave, I don't want to hear it, for fuck's sake!"

"I just-"

"Dave. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP."

Dave fell silent. "WHAT KINDA NARCISSISTIC FUCKIN-" Jack started to rant and ramble, and Dave wouldn't usually care, but this time, he was rambling about how much he hated Dave. In the aubergine's mind, Jack's words went from being crystal clear to being fuzzy and static-like. His ears were ringing. He could barely make out his words. He opened his mouth to speak, but instantly shut up once he realized Jack was getting more upset. He glanced away from Jack and glanced back over and over and over and over and over a-

"Dave. Dave! DAVE!"

The purple skittle snapped back to reality. He looked back up. "Ye-Yeah?" He cleared his throat. "You're, uh, you're...you're crying." Jack muttered. Dave lifted his hand up and wiped his eyes awkwardly.

There was a long silence.

"I was, um, I was gonna see if you wanted to prank call Phoney...even if you denied my first offer."

"Oh. I mean- yeah- that- that sounds pretty fun, I guess..."

Dave fumbled with his hands. Jack tilted his head, expectant.

"So..? You got the phone? Or...?"

Dave flinched slightly. "Uh- I- Oh- Yeah- about that. I don't...have one." The aubergine mumbled. Jack groaned, but it had a slightly friendly tone. "Well, I have one." He offered, and Dave beamed. "Then what are you waiting for? Whip it out!" Dave snickered. Jack scoffed, or maybe chuckled, and took out his phone.

"Alright the number is..."

///

If I missed a CW/TW, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP. It's not an issue and I would much rather "overtag" than accidentally trigger someone else. (Also, nothing's "stupid." If someone needs a tag, I'll add it.)

This was a shorter chapter but...ehhhhh.

Word count: 852