Vegas? ...Sure, Vegas...

CW // legacy jack gets his own warning. along with theft, drinking, and mentions of smoking

Legacy jack isn't visible instantly. He slowly appears. Like an illness slowly creeping up to you before holding you in an iron-clad grip, making you do nothing but suffer in sickness, as you're begging to get better. Can you guys tell I'm sick or is it not obvious enough

///

"So...Vegas?" Jack smiled eerily at Dave. "Um...sure...but- Can I walk behind ya?" He fumbled with his hands. "Why?" Jack tilted his head. "...I just...(don't feel safe with ya behind me.) Whatever. It doesn't matter. Um...let's-let's just go..."

And that's the last thing they had said to each other before they had ended up in the hotel room in Vegas. They were ominously silent, far different from the first time they'd visited. Dave stared off into nothingness. "What's wrong, aubergine? Something weighing on your mind?" Jack leaned in to meet Dave's soulless eyes. Dave snapped back to reality. "Nah, I'm just a little tired. I'll be fine when we get into the gambling ring with all of those hookers!" Dave said enthusiastically, although ever so slightly scared by the cold stare Jack was giving him. The clementine skittle shrugged and fixed up his hair a bit. "Well, let's go, then!" He smiled, and for a moment, just for a moment, he sounded like himself. Dave smiled as he went outside for a brief smoke. Jack was fine.

The two slipped into a small store. "Ooh, this place is nice." Dave mumbled to Jack. Jack nodded, looking around. "Go chat up that lady by the counter. Ask her about her printer head or something. I'll get you a snack." Jack grinned at Dave, who quickly complied.

The purple-hued man skipped over to the counter and smiled at the woman at the register. "Your head. It's a printer. What's up with that?" He asks with a toothy smile. He noticed her name tag. "Oh god, and yer named 'Karen', too, this'll be fun." He added with a giggle.

Meanwhile, Jack was by a shelf of candy bars. He picked up a Twix bar. He glanced around, before stuffing one into his sleeve. He crouched down to see the small packets of M&M's. He promptly shoved one into his purple sock, got up, and walked back to Dave. "Hey, aubergine, let's go." He said, before taking note of the printer-headed woman. "Oh. Hello. Hopefully he hasn't been bothering you, my apologies." Jack leaned over and gave her a cheshire grin, before whisking Dave away. Once they were out of sight, Jack pulled out the Twix bar and handed it to Dave. "Here you go. Told you I'd get you something." Jack pats Dave's back twice before leaning on him for support as he takes out the packet of M&M's from his sock. "Hell yeah! I love Twix!" Dave cheered and took a chomp out of the Twix bar as Jack tore open the M&M's and downed them all.

"Alright, what should we do now?" Jack asks. "Hm..." Dave pauses. "Let's go drink booze!" He beams, and Jack matches his enthusiasm. "Alright!"

Drinking was gross. Jack ended up hating it. "Y'know, last time we were in Vegas drinkin' our kidneys to death, you ended up pukin'." Dave chuckled at the memory. "Oh. Did you at least help out?" Jack asked, swirling the vodka around in his cup. "Yeah, held yer hair back and everything. I'm helpful!" Dave teasingly shoved Jack's head, to which the other chuckled back. "I really don't remember much from last time." He said. Dave frowned slightly, but smiled again when he remembered something he could tease Jack over. "Oh, so you probably aren't going to remember your twink waiter, right?" He leaned in. Jack laughed. "Oh, no, I definitely remember that guy. God, he could cho-" Jack got cut off by Dave shushed him quickly in distress. "Gah! Don't tell me about all yer nasty fantasies with that guy!" He laughed, quickly covering Jack's mouth. The two continued talking and laughing, but after a while, Jack seemed to get tired. He was becoming more quiet throughout the night.

"Ya wanna go gamble and call it a night, Sports?" Dave offered. Jack nodded and voiced an 'uh-huh.'The two sneak into the casino by their hotel. The joined in on several games, but only got lucky while playing blackjack, since the clementine man seemed to be a natural. "Yer doin' great, Old Sport!" Dave beamed. Jack simply smiled back, a vacant look in his eyes which was starting to worry Dave. He considered reaching out for his counterpart, but decided he was just 'in the zone.'

Game after game of blackjack, they won over and over. After a while, they got removed because too many people speculated they were cheating. That's when Jack finally snapped back to reality, an irritated look written on his face as they walked back to their hotel. "Eh, it's fine, Sportsy, we got an ass-load of money anyways." Dave shrugged. Jack was muttering under his breath. The eggplant man leaned in to hear what the tangerine was saying, but his words were vile and threatening.Dave stopped walking, the sidewalk crunching against his worn-out shoes for a moment.

"You're scaring me, Old Sport..."

He said softly. "You've been out of it all night and yer spazzin' out over a game of blackjack. It's...It's not that bad. Are you okay...?" Dave reached a hand out to touch Jack's shoulder, but the other instantly moved away. Dave understood the movement, Jack was usually very touch-aversive, but he still stood his ground. "You have to relax." He stated his point again. Jack simply glared at Dave, a slightly...pink...look in his soulless pupils. A moment of silence passed before Dave spoke again. "Fine. Be that way. We're going to bed at the hotel, though, so you can get your naptime in." Dave mocked Jack, continuing to walk.

They didn't cuddle that night.

///

word count: 1004