Now get the f-ck out of my office!

requested by le_olive1 

CW // mental breakdown (L Jack)

"Employee, let me tell you something." Peter sighs. "I'm a very good boss. I run this place every day. I can usually see through bullshit quite easily. And from the moment you got here, every damn thing that could've gone wrong has gone wrong. You lured off kids and killed them with Dave. You tampered with the robots and LIED to me several times!" Peter places a hand on his receiver. "I'm pretty sure you had something to do with that suit going off in the show!" He pauses. "It'd certainly explain why you arrived so late today...you didn't want to wear that suit. You rigged it to go off!" He accused Jack, placing his index finger on his chest. Jack struggled to choose whether or not to be painfully innocent or just give up.

He gave up.

"Bravo, Sherlock! Bravo." He glared. "Let me tell you something else, employee. I can see right through Dave. Everyone can! That guy's transparent! He screams 'fake'! 'Old Sport' this, and 'Old Sport' that. I mean," Peter chuckled in distress. "Who even says Old Sport? He's artificial, and I can see that from a mile away. But, you. You've killed, lied, tampered, and stolen! And the best part? You've destroyed every lick of evidence."

Jack opened his mouth to brag, but his boss continued.

"All of the camera footage form this week is just—poof!—missing. I KNOW you or Dave stole it just before the show! There isn't a damn thing I can show to the police! You're cunning, im a way that I've never seen before." He sighs. "Employee, I got to hand it to you." He throws his hands up. "It takes the truth to fool me, or close to it. And you've played me for a goddamned fool.

"I get it, I get it, I'm a monster." Jack rolls his eyes. Peter sighs yet again. Jack almost points it out, but decides not to.

"I don't get you, employee. You overslept this morning, but...I don't see how you can even sleep at all. Are you a father, employee?"

"No. Um. I'm not a father."

"Well, I am. I'm going to let you in on something you haven't considered. It's Christmas in a month, did you know that?"

"Uh, well, yeah, of course I knew that."

Peter chuckles darkly. "Well, picture something you haven't considered. Ten parents are going to wake up on christmas this year. They're going to walk downstairs, to their living rooms. And you know what they're going to see? Unopened present under their Christmas trees. Those presents will never be opened. Those presents won't ever be touched. That's where they'll stay. Under the Christmas tree. Stagnant and untouched. Those present will remain still and dead." Peter would've glared at Jack if he could. "Doesn't that sound familiar?"

"Oh, boo-fuckin'-hoo, I'm 'chaotic evil'!" Jack rolls his eyes in boredom. "That's the thing employee, unlike you," Peter's voice shook.

"I had to meet those ten parents. I had to look them in the eyes and lie to them. I had to tell them that there's still hope that their kids can be found. I had to resist the urge to tell them to look inside those damned bots, just so they could see their kids again. One. Last. Time." Peter trailed off, trying to stop his voice from breaking too much. "Okay, Phoney, cut to the chase." Jack shifted his leg from foot to foot impatiently.

"Mr. Cawthon. Don't you ever call me anything else ever again. We most certainly aren't friends, employee." Peter spoke firmly. Jack could feel him staring into his soul. Or, well, lack thereof. "Employee, I need to know. And be honest with me, for once in your goddamn life...Do you feel ANY remorse for what you've done? Any at all?" He nearly begged.

"I- I do. I do feel remorse." Jack replied, although he knew it was a brutal lie.

"And yet you're still lying."

There was a tense silence.

"Before I forget...You're fired. I'm done with you. Never come back. Now get the fuck out of my office!" Peter shouted. Jack felt his entire mood dampen.

Fuck. This job was pretty much all he had right now. He had so much history with Freddys. (And Fredbears...) How would he put food on the table? Sure, the so-called food was almost always shitty and gross, but it was food! How would he pay rent? It was already increasing crazily!

Nobody else would be willing to hire a weird scarred-up orange (homose-) guy!

He turned and sauntered away to the safe room.

He pushed open the door to see Dave standing in the dark room. "Hey there, Old Sport! ...What's up? What's with that orange grimace ya got goin' on?" Dave asked, a very, very slight twinge of concern in his voice. Jack glanced away as he fought back tears. "Phone-face just fired me and told me to never come back." He grumbled. Dave scowled. "Oh, is that right? Well, I don't like that, Old Sport, not one bit! This is HIS fault, Old Sport." He gestured to Jack, "Look, uh, this isn't somethin' I predicted'd happen. My plan involved finishing up today and goin' straight to Vegas! Hookers an' all! ...But, I see this is botherin' ya." While Dave talked, Jack had to hold in the incoming tears. He swiped at his eyes quickly.

[Don't you DARE cry in front of that aubergine dumbass.]

He felt his hands tremble. He couldn't stop thinking about how he would get kicked to the curb, in the cold, starving after he would fail to pay rent. It was terrifying to him. "Old...Sport?" Dave reached for Jack, and said man simply burst into tears. Dave recoiled, unsure what to do. "Oh. Um. You really are upset about this." He muttered. He weighed his options, and decided to pull Jack close for a hug. Jack shook out of pure anxiety. Dave pat his back. "Hold on, let's sit down." Dave mutters. He pulls Jack down with him and just lets the tangerine man cry it out. He talks every now and then, saying words of whatever comfort he can provide.

"You still wanna come back here tomorrow for the show?" Dave asks, hoping Jack will say yes.

"Um...I- Sure? Are we still going to Vegas...? I messed up the whole thing by getting fired."

"'Course we are! You getting laid off doesn't change nothin'! We'll be so buried in hookers and money that you'll forget all about that stupid Phone-fuck firin' ya! That, and the copious amounts of drugs we'll be intaking. Eh, don't worry about it. You didn't mess anythin' up, Sportsy." Dave pats Jack's head twice. Jack shrugs and stares off. "Anyways, we've got about two-ish hours left in our shifts, so whaddya wanna do? Kick that puppet box? Steal Matt's fireworks? Get cocaine from that horde of ungrateful brats? If we do that, though, we'll have to get black licorice. And weapons. They can get nasty if you don't get the good kind of licorice. I think the brand they like is, uh, twizzlers? Nah, a different brand. Maybe-"

"Dave, I'm really tired. I think I'll just go home and rest up." Jack interrupts. "Oh. Sure! Want me to walk ya home? I've already got a whole plan to mess with Phoney already. I can tell it to you on you way home!" Dave beams as he stands up with Jack. "Sure." Jack smiles. Jack takes Dave's hand and walks out.

///

(^) word count: 1277

go play Dayshift of Dating on Gamejolt. The demo is out. for free. You can (somewhat) date Dave. When the full game is released, you can date Harry, Jack, Steven, or Dave. There is also going to be a Henry route, apparently?

https://gamejolt.com/games/dayshiftofdating/836546