Phone trio 2/?

CW // mobility issues(?), anxiety attack, yelling

Sorry guys i made them poly (not sorry at all, but please don't hate on me for this) and I made Harry work at his own cafe because they need SOME sort of income after the dsaf 3 good ending.

he/they for Harry and Roger, she/ze for Jake

///

Why did Harry's migraines AND bad leg have to act up today? It was as if his body was teaming up against him.

His day had started off...relatively fine, you could say.

He woke up dazed and confused at four in the morning. Their confusion shifted into pure panic as they looked around the room, the walls and decorations different. Posters with dinosaurs, a desk with stickers, some figurines, a pair of glasses on his nightstand. He felt horrible. The room felt familiar, like a childhood bedroom. He screwed his optical sensor shut harshly and re-opened it to find that he was back in his room.

Pale blue walls, his cane by the nightstand, and his two partners laying in bed next to him, sleeping. He lowered his phone-head into his hands and sighed. They recovered after a moment and got up, carefully avoiding squishing Roger as they got off the bed. The second he stepped off, his leg locked up. He quickly muted his voice box as to not wake up Jake and Roger when he let out a sob-like sound of pain. He reached for his cane desperately. They gripped it tight as they steadied themself. His dial was spinning slowly as if he was in woozy distress, but he brushed it off. He pushed himself out of the bedroom and hobbled into the kitchen to blend food for the other two before his shift at his little cafe would begin in about an hour.

They winced as the blender turned on and whirred loudly. "That definitely woke them up..." Harry murmured. He poured the strawberry flavored drink—food?—into glass cups and placed them at Jake and Roger's designated seats at the table. His head whipped around as he heard a staticky "Good morning..." from Jake. "Hey! Morning!" Harry unmuted his voice box to greet the purple phone headed one. Jake groaned and sat down at the table. "What flavor is it this morning?" She asks. "Strawberry." Harry helps adjust the straw to fit into the small hole in Jake's head for her to eat. (Drink?) Jake pointed to the hallway, and Harry turned around. Roger was directly behind him, giving Harry quite the scare. "O-Oh gosh, Roger! I, uh, I didn't see you there...!" He says awkwardly. Roger slumps into his arms. "Morning." He mumbles sleepily. Harry lets him just rest there for a moment. "I made you a strawberry drink." They murmur, handing Roger the glass cup. "Thanks," Roger mumbles back and sits down at the table. He positions the straw and drinks the smoothie. Their phone-head droops slightly, before snapping back up. "Didn't sleep well?" Jake asks. Roger shrugs. Harry pats his back lovingly before going to get ready for work.

///

Oh phone-god, why was work so stressful? All of the noise. The people drinking, chewing, talking. The tiny bell going off before someone yells out a customer's order. Weren't cafe's meant to be quiet? His voice seemed to have a slight ring to it whenever he greeted a young customer or repeated orders. And, oh god, people were staring at their head. It didn't usually bother him that much, so why did it bother him so much now?!

At one point, it became all too much, and he retreated to the employee bathroom. He had the keys, so he locked himself in. Nobody could interrupt him now. They sat in the corner of the dirty bathroom and screwed their optical sensor shut, trying to count to one hundred, but bursting into sobs and rings at twenty-six. He just wanted to go to sleep, or- or cuddle with his partners, no matter how much they annoyed him. He wanted to grab his receiver, rip it off his head, and throw it across the room. But he didn't.

He stood up, forcing himself to ignore the sharp pain in his leg as he grips his cane. They mutter to themself as they walk back out. "You're fine, Harry. You're just overreacting. Nothing's wrong." They repeat quietly. The rest of the shift is a bit of a blur. When he returns home, he finds Jake and Roger bickering. "Well, it's not my fault! You're constantly being rude and cynical! How am I supposed to know when you're being serious?" Roger points at Jake, who leans back. "I'm not that cynical!" Ze says indignantly.

Now, Harry didn't want to explode at his lovers, but, well...

He did.

"Both of you, just SHUT UP! God, what are you even arguing about this time? It's always something with you two! Can't you just work it out like the adults you are?" He shouted, static and ringing more prevalent in his voice. Jake and Roger stopped speaking. Jake reached out for Harry. "Um...Harry, you- you don't look too good." He said softly. Harry's leg almost gave out again, but he forced himself to push through. "Harry, you're shaking-" Roger said. "Okay, okay, sit down. Here. Sit." The purple headed one gently guided Harry to sit down on the couch they had all chipped in to buy. "I'm sorry, I just-" Harry tried to speak, but his voice broke and he got choked up. "It's alright, it's alright...just calm down. Want a tea or anything?" Jake sat down with him. Harry hummed a quiet 'mm-hm', and Jake glanced over to Roger. Roger nodded anxiously and rushed to the kitchen to prepare tea.

Harry held his head in his hands. "God, I'm sorry. I've just..." They sighed. "You don't know the day I've had..." He murmured. Jake enveloped the other in a hug. Roger returned after a couple of minutes, holding tea in their shaky hands. He helped Harry with the straw. Everyone was very quiet, and after a long moment of silence, Roger spoke up. "Sorry that you had to come home to see Jake and I arguing...uh- we just- we just started off bickering and it drifted off, sorry." Roger rambled and apologized over and over before Harry shushed them. "It's fine, Rog." Harry spoke firmly, but he sounded so exhausted. Jake held Harry close, gently rubbing his arm. "Wanna talk about your day?" Ze asked, but Harry shook his head. "Okay. We'll be here if you change your mind."

///

word count: 1079