Dee's Interlude

Dee's soul wandered around this dark place. She was so scared. Where was she? She could just barely register the area as Fredbear's Family Diner. But it was so dark! And where was Jack? Where was the party? It was her birthday, her special day!

...Wasn't it?

She couldn't quite remember. She didn't want to cry again, but she did. She sobbed as she collapsed onto the tiled floor. She felt like she could sink into the floor like a ghost. But she wasn't a ghost! She clutched her red scarf tightly and she wept. She hiccuped. She missed Jack. And Peter. And mom and dad. Even thought she doesn't really remember them. She doesn't remember a lot of things. But she remembers a pink man. Or was he magenta? She remembered learning about that color. No, no, he was definitely pink. Maybe purple, actually. Why couldn't she remember!? She hated it! She cried louder, and flinched when she heard an echo. With a sniffle, she got back up. "Be- Be a- Be a brave g-girl." She told herself. She could feel the urge to cry again returning, but she didn't want to spend her time wailing again. Maybe she could find Jack. Or the man who helped out with her birthday party! The, um, the...the purple one...or- or the pink one.

Shaking her head, she pulled herself forward, letting her arms rest by her sides, letting her shaky hands go into her dress' pockets. She searched the entire shadowy area, but couldn't find her brother. She hated the eerie silence around her, as if it was suffocating her. She hummed 'happy birthday' to herself. It wasn't long before she gave up her search and started to cry yet again. At this point, her cheek hurt and had dried tear stains. "I w-wa- I wanna go h-home..." She sobbed into her hands. She fell down to her knees. "I-I wanna see J-Jack aga-again." She blubbered, hiccuping through her sentences. She struggled to breathe. Could she even breathe? Was that possible? She didn't know. She desperately clawed at her face, trying to bring herself back to reality, maybe to wake herself up from this nightmare. She growled and yelled, but soon fell back into sad sobs of defeat.

And then she heard something in the distance.

It wasn't a 'happy birthday' song like she had hoped. As if she had just zoned out.

It wasn't Jack calling out her name like she had hoped. As if she was daydreaming.

And it wasn't her alarm clock. As if it was all a dream.

It was a music box.

She stood up shakily and forced her legs not to give up on her. She sniffled and followed the sound. Soon, the dark part of this shadowy area started getting bigger and bigger. She let out a soft whimper of fear, and hesitated on going further. Yet she forced herself to.

When the volume of the music box was now at it's loudest, she squinted and noticed a very tall figure. A puppet. Or rather, a marionette on strings. It had stripes on its arms, a mask with tears stains, and it seemed to be made of felt. She touched her own face and felt how similar the tears stains on the mask were to hers. She absolutely refused to cry again. She was Dee Kennedy! She was now 6 years old! 6 whole years! She was not going to cry!

She reached to touch the puppet.

It suddenly lunged at her. She tried to scream, but nothing came out.

The music returned in full swing, now with a dark, gravelly, and somewhat familiar voice singing along.

"Ninety years without slumbering."

tick tock tick

"His life seconds numbering."

tick tock tick

But it stopped short.

Never to go again.

When the old

Man

Died.