intrusive

CW !!

Violent intrusive thoughts
Gore description (brief)
Repeating words
Sensory overload
Accidental self harm
Swearing (one word or two)

------------------------

Jack stood by the prize corner, listening to Matt speak. He rambles on and on about waiting for new things to be delivered for the corner.

BASH HIS HEAD IN

BASH HIS HEAD IN

BASH HIS HEAD IN

SLAM HIS HEAD INTO THE GLASS

Jack squinted as a graphic image of Matts head being slammed into glass, bloody and crying and the distant gunshots finally ceasing with Jack's shaking bloody hand behind Matt's head, popped into his mind.

"Matt- can you just- just shut up for a second? Can you do that?" He sighs, not wanting to actually hurt Matt, instead just asking for silence.

"Y E S." Matt replies, then goes silent, and returns to organizing the prizes. There's a heavy fatigue in Jack's mind. He looks around the establishment. His eyelids are heavy, and he can hear a faint buzzing from the fluorescent lights. He groans and plugs his ears. He feels a hand suddenly grab his shoulder. He jumps.

"Hello there, old sport." Dave says with a  toothy smile. Jack calms down. "Oh, hey, Dave." He mumbles.

Jack stares absently at Dave, his head hurting.

Slap him

Slap him

Slap him

Slap him

Slap him

Slap him

Jack shudders, brushing off the thought.

His hand twitches, as if he was really going to hit his boyfriend! He would feel horrible!He would hate to see the raw red mark on his face, the faint tears brimming the purple man's eyes as he would try not to cry, the way his voice would crack when he would ask "What the hell, Jack?" And the terrible, terrible way Dave would give him the silent treatment after that, maybe for days and maybe he wouldn't even hug him. He couldn't hurt him...!

Why was he going into so much detail..?

He squirmed at the thought of being violent and out of control towards his co-worker and beloved partner. Dave cocks his head to the side.

"Sport? You okay?" He asks. Jack clears his throat. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm just- I-
I'm just tired today." Jack groans quietly. 

The buzzing of those fluorescent lights was so goddamned annoying. He rubbed his eyes, trying to soothe his senses.

It doesn't work.

When he opens his eyes again, the neon lights only seem brighter. The buzzing only sounds louder. The smell of that disgusting pizza was even stronger.

His face crumpled.

"Old sport? Don't bullshit me, tell me whats wrong." Dave hummed quietly. He reached out for Jack, who quickly flinched away. Dave yanks his hand away instantly. "Hey, Old Sport, breathe. Look at me. Hey-" Dave says. Jack glances at him, struggling to collect himself.

GET IT TOGETHER

He shouts at himself mentally. He cant manage to catch his breath. Matt lets Dave take Jack to the saferoom.

"Old Sport. Look at me. Hey." Dave says. Jack looks at him, his eyes darting around but they always return to his lover.

Rip your hair out

Rip your hair out

Rip your hair out

Rip your hair out.

Rip your hair out!

RIP YOUR HAIR OUT!

RIP YOUR HAIR OUT!

RIP YOUR HAIR OUT!

RIP YOUR HAIR O-

Jack raises a shaking hand to the back of his hair, tugging his hair harshly, but not enough to get chunks out. Dave quickly grabs his hand. "Hey, hey, hey, no, don't do that. Jack. Listen." Dave reassures him. Jack flinches again when he hears Dave stop saying 'old sport.' He sniffles. "You're fine. You're a-okay. You're safe. Breathe in and out, okay? Copy me." Dave inhales for 8 seconds, hold it for 4 more, then exhales for 8 seconds.

After a lot of trial and error, Jack finally manages to calm down mostly, and take in his surroundings.

The dingy lights in the saferoom don't buzz loudly, there's only the faint smell of death, and the floor is cold enough to be grounding. The calming environment helps coax him out of sensory overload faster. He clings to Dave, the after-effects of crying lingering on. Jack sniffles and takes shaky breaths. Dave rocks him side to side, holding the orange man in his arms. "You don't have to tell me what happened. You can tell me if you want, okay, Old Sport?" Dave whispers. Jack nods. "Thanks, Dave."

Dave smiles warmly.

"Anytime, Old Sport."

------------------

L ending but longer chapter ☺️

If I missed a CW/TW, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP. It's not an issue and I would much rather "overtag" than accidentally trigger someone else. (Also, nothing's "stupid." If someone needs a tag, I'll add it.)

Word count: 749