quit yer mopin!

CW // none yippee!!

"Bye bye, Sportsy!" Dave yelled in sing-song as Jack turned and left the fourth layer of the flipside. Dave turned around and noticed Steven was zoned out. He frowned. "Ya know, if you didn't have a phone for a head, you'd look pretty sad." Dave lightly pushed on Steven's shoulder. "I'm just thinking." The phone-head mumbled. Dave groaned. "Yer moping." He grabbed Steven by the shoulders (earning a flinch) and shook him. "I'm not moping!" Steven replied, a small amount of static leaking into his voice.

"You've been moping about everything! Old Sport had to spend like 15 minutes convincing' ya to come with us!" Dave reached to shake Steven again, but Steven shuffled away. Dave shrugged at his silence. "Well, me, Dee, and phone-fuck v.2 are gonna go explore this place. Keep mopin' if ya want." He let out a little 'hmph' and walked off. "Hey, wait-!" The phone-headed man rushed to keep up with them. "You can't just leave me here alone! This place is dangerous! What if I can't tame the remaining foxies in here?!" He screeched. The static was louder this time. "We didn't leave ya, we're right here! I moved like half an inch, come on. If you're so scared, you lead us around!" Dave crossed his arms. Peter and Dee stood there in a silence, observing the other's behavior.

"Wha- I- I can't do that!"

"And why not?"

"There's too many bots around here, they'll gnaw on my plastic head first!"

"Right, because your head looks so delicious," Dave said sarcastically. "It's too shiny to actually taste good." He turned and kept on walking with Dee. Steven finally gave up and followed them around.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

Dee gasped and pointed to a poster of Chica. "Chicken!" She beamed. "What are ya talkin' about? That there is a fuckin' duck." Dee frowned. "Nuh-uh!" She placed her hands on her felty puppet 'hips'. Dave glared. "Uh-huh!" He stood his ground. Dee started to get upset.

"Chicken!"
"Duck!"
"C-H-I-C-K-E-N."
"Quack-quack!"
"Cluck-cluck!"
"BREAD DEVOUR-ER."
"EGG-LAYER!"
"DUCKS LAY EGGS TOO, YA STRIPEY FUCKIN' BASTARD-"

Steven quickly steps in as the argument reaches it's peak. "Oka- Okay! Listen, I have the answer!" He announces. The two look over in anticipation. "Chica is...um...heck, I forget...uh..." He trails off. "Well, her name is Chica, so the alliteration, uh..." He tries to explain. "Well, um...! Let's- Let's just move on." He sighs, giving up. "Let's just agree to disagree." Dave mutters. "Please try not to be a prick to my sister, Dave." Peter glares.

After a while of Steven's little 'tour' of his layer of the flipside, he stops and gets distracted by a Foxy poster. A very...raunchy one, too. Steven would've cringed if he could. "Why did we give that thing such a big...a-anyways-" He mutters to himself, but Dave (and Peter) stay staring at it.

"What is with the design for the fax? I mean- like- he's awesome and I would yiff that thing any day-"

"DO NOT."

"I'm just saying-! Is that why he was kept in the cove with the fuckin' salad bar? Away from the kiddens?" Dave puts his hands up in defense. "Eh, pretty much, yeah." Steven shrugs. They stay there staring for a moment before Dee calls for them to move on. "I hate that thing anyway." She mutters. Steven gasps. "Really? WHY?" He asks, static peeking through his voice box. "There is NO reason AT ALL to hate Foxy!" Peter adds, his voice equally as loud. "It's just ugly. Torn apart and everything. Also, the salad bar? Seriously?" Dee frowns. Peter clenches his fists before calming down, and Steven leans in close to Dee's face. "Never insult him again or I will curbstomp you."

The group continues walking. They find Peters section of the flipside, his 'house', and start snooping. Dave crashes onto the couch. "This thing's comfy. I remember Old Sport used ta' let me crash at his place whenever it rained." Dave lets himself get comfortable on the couch. Steven lightly slaps his shoulder. "Get up, we still have to look around." He mumbles. "You're so bossy, god." Dave glares as he gets up and dusts himself off. "I'm not bossy! I'm the least bossiest boss you've ever had!" Steven replies. "Oh, thank you so much for treating me like a human!"

"Well, it's better than treating you like whatever you actually are! You have scales and purple skin! That's not human!" Steven waved his hands around. "I bet I'm human! Henry was pink, and he was a human!" Dave raised his voice. "Don't even bring him up, he has no place in this conversation, in this group, anywhere!" Steven's voice was slowly getting overtaken by static. Dave shoved him. Steven reached to shove back, before Dee and Peter got in between. "Okay, okay, okay! Let's just uh- let's just calm down now!" Peter had to psychically separate the two. "Dee and I will continue searching this place, you two will, um, can you two just stay here and preferably not kill each other?" He instructed. Dave glared. "Fine. But I'm not taking responsibility for whatever phoney does!" He complained like a child. Steven opened and closed his hand to mimic Dave speaking, to which said aubergine did NOT appreciate, slapping back his hand. Peter and Dee reluctantly left the other two alone.

"All I wanted was for ya to quit yer fuckin' moping. All 'just leave me here' this and 'I deserve this' that. We clearly want ya here to help save the souls, ya dumbass!" Dave mimics air quotes when reciting Steven's words. "It wasn't moping! I'm simply saying that after what I did with the factory and- and what I did to Peter, I- I just- I don't-" Steven struggled with his words for a bit, but Dave was patient. "I don't....no- I shouldn't be apart of this whole 'save the souls and do good' group." He finally says. "Well, uh, if we didn't have ya in this group, how could we make prank calls to people outside of the flipside? Peter doesn't let us do that." Dave tries to comfort him.

It...sort of works?

"True. He always goes on and on about how 'it isn't right' and so on and so forth. I just say 'groovy!' and dial the number." He shrugs. "Yeah. Plus, ya tamed all those foxies in—what?—a couple minutes?" Dave smiled. "Eh. Hours, but...close enough, yeah." Steven shrugs and makes a 'so-so' gesture with his hand. "Right! So you should be pretty important to the team." Dave pats Steven's shoulder before shaking it slightly. "You have got to stop doing that." Steven shuffles away from his hand. "As long as it bothers you, I never will."

///

here have a double update day

word count: 1105